Dreadlord on peg with Black amulet

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Sezax
Black Guard

Dreadlord on peg with Black amulet

Post by Sezax »

I have very little experience so far with playing under the rules of the ,,new edition", so I need your opinion.

I have finished conversion of my sorceress on peg, which involves lot of magical sprites flying around her and ethereal shield. I love the new model so much that I am tempted to play her as a Dreadlord with Black amulet and Black dragon egg.

I dont know however, if this would be in anyway useful in game. My thoughts are, that what I hate most are war machines and big flying things like Bloodthirster.

So could she work as a machine hunter, capable of shooting and toughening up with egg, when she fails to reach the machine??

Could she become the only thing capable of killing (to me seemingly unkillable) problems like Bloodthirster etc ?

I guess the main problem is small unit strength, constant need for taking ld tests, general possibly away from most units and the expensive general in very vulnerable positions for most of the time.

Could these things be somehow reduced by letting her join units with her pegasus and charging only i the most promising situations ?

I know this is never gonna be a competetive build, its all about me loving that model so much and trying to justify to myself the option of bringing her to one game in May...so is there any way for this build not to be a complete failure ? :D
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Re: Dreadlord on peg with Black amulet

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Black Amulet was my favourite magic item back in the day (4th edition). Same rules as now but 50 points.

It was part of a "Bloodthirster-killing" package! I haven't used it in 8th cos of the 70 points cost, so can't give you any direct feedback on it.

Off the top of my head I can't remember which D.net poster recommends this combo, but apparently fun can be had with a LV4 SS with Dark Magic, Black Amulet and whip of agony. Cast Soulstealer and enjoy! (though this is a Dragon build rather than a Peg build)

I think you should just try out your dreadlord or sorceress with BA and see how you get on 8)

I also hope that if they nerf the PoK in the new book we'll get the cheap Amulet back :twisted:
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Agree with Tyrannus. It is a good item, but too expensive, but potentially good on a Level 4 with her wounds cranked up to 6 due to Dark Magic.

Maxed-out armor and Pendant of Khaeleth is a better kit for a Peg-mounted Dreadlord or Master. Dawnstone andCloak of Hag Graef being another good protective combo.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

Yeah, this Whip of Agony, Black Amulet combo really works on a Lvl 4 with SS on a peg! In my list, I support her with a lvl 2 with metal to keep the pressure on for the enemy. Now you can place your sorceress in front of units of fast cavalry, charge her into infantry and the like, and deal some damage! In addition, your sorceress is free from shooting and magic being cast on her as she is in combat. I really like and recommend it!
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.