3%
Death
12%
Shadow
24%

Total votes: 110

Shade3413
Trainee Warrior

Re: The biggest question now: Which Lore?

Post by Shade3413 »

There could also be some potential for Dark Riders in Metal. Dark Riders /w shields and Metal's Glittering cloak could make for cheap, exceptionally fast 2+ (if my math is right) cavalry. Maybe run as a large unit or even a horde (oh so expensive) our once scouts might make decent line breakers as mini CoKs.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Shade3413 wrote:There could also be some potential for Dark Riders in Metal. Dark Riders /w shields and Metal's Glittering cloak could make for cheap, exceptionally fast 2+ (if my math is right) cavalry. Maybe run as a large unit or even a horde (oh so expensive) our once scouts might make decent line breakers as mini CoKs.
I'd rather wyssans wildform them. t4, 4+ save and s5 on the charge makes a unit of 5 decent monster/chariot hunters.
Shadowstalker18
Trainee Warrior

Post by Shadowstalker18 »

I will be taking a lvl 2 with tome to get shroud, take a lvl 4 of death for doom and dread knight and take as many terror causers as I can and make my enemies flee before me at -4 ld or -5 if a bloodwrack shrine is close by.
necrotix
Trainee Warrior

Post by necrotix »

I'm looking at running a DreadDragon as I don't do tourneys and only play with friends. (Plus, after 20+ years in the hobby I've never owned let alone played with a Dragon). I'm going to see if I can fit in a L3 SS as I play at 3000pts and I think Life will just go well with everything else with a level 2 packing Dark and the Tome.
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Heh, Phazael over on Warseer came up with a great idea. Take a level 1 on Dark with the Tome of Furion. Pick Black Horror, stick her on a Dark Steed, and run her in a unit of Warlocks up the flank of a battleline. Drop Soulblight on a target of opportunity, then throw out the Black Horror.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Clockwork wrote:Heh, Phazael over on Warseer came up with a great idea. Take a level 1 on Dark with the Tome of Furion. Pick Black Horror, stick her on a Dark Steed, and run her in a unit of Warlocks up the flank of a battleline. Drop Soulblight on a target of opportunity, then throw out the Black Horror.
Warlocks need about 3 dice to reliably cast soulblight (has to be reliably cast because if it fails, the other guy doesnt have to make the hard choice of what to try and stop). The level 1 needs 4 dice to get slightly better than 50% chance of getting Arnzipals off. Since the average dice split is only +1 or +2 to the caster's favour, I'm not seeing how it could work. Remember, the other guy usually has a level 4 to dispel and the odds of rolling less than 7 dice are pretty high.

If I was looking as ways to game the DE magic phase, I'd be looking at warlocks spamming doombolt or better yet, soulblight (I'd love to see a double soulblighted unit stand up to witch elves or corsairs) or taking Morathi and blasting Dark magic out at +6-8 per casting. That'll draw out the scroll pretty quickly IMO.
Methuselah
Shade

Post by Methuselah »

This "poll" is worthless unless you're also including Dark Magic. What kind of poll leaves that out?
Heroes Never Truly Die - Cowards Never Truly Live
HERO
Cold One Knight

Post by HERO »

Methuselah wrote:This "poll" is worthless unless you're also including Dark Magic. What kind of poll leaves that out?

The kind that isn't made by me. Read P2, get caught up, thanks.
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Initially I wasn't interested in Dark because it only has one real buff to assist combat - and its a great buff; but by all accounts the experience of Lizardmen players with High Magic is that one buff is too easy to stop because the opponent knows that its the only one you want in turns 3-4. However, with the threat of Soulblight from two units of Warlocks, and the crazy low casting value for a level 4, I think there's every indication that you'll be able to get it through when you want it.

I'll be trying level 4 Dark/level 1 Death/double Warlocks for a while I think.
xxvaderxx
Trainee Warrior

Post by xxvaderxx »

Im thinking lvl 4 life, for my 3 hydras and blocks, And a lvl 2 shadow for miasma + mindrazor/pit (picking through our item thus guaranteed this combo).
Canadianguy
Dark Rider

Post by Canadianguy »

I think life shines in a monster mash list but otherwise shadow or dark will likely do better. I love death but with all the available mr and ward saves now all those direct damage spells get stopped.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

xxvaderxx wrote: And a lvl 2 shadow for miasma + mindrazor/pit (picking through our item thus guaranteed this combo).

Read it again. the item only works if you pick Dark Magic
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Jvh792
Highborn

Post by Jvh792 »

I'm going to try Life. Our units are super killy, but life will give them the survivability they need. Plus our guys are so expensive that I don't want to lose any. Every black guard I bring back to life is 15 points. With throne on me, that's an average of 57.5 points you're adding to your army every turn.
"With hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade