Where to put that Sorceress?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

islands
Warrior

Where to put that Sorceress?

Post by islands »

Warrior bunkers are very expensive now and won't contribute with anything really. Before, they were both a cheap bunker and dagger fodder.

So where will that Sorceress go now, in a combat unit? Sounds very risky to me. She could get quite beefy with magic, but I wouldn't rely on that for such an important and expensive character.

A crossbow unit looks like the safest place for her to be in. Thoughts?
Shadoer
Dark Rider

Re: Where to put that Sorceress?

Post by Shadoer »

islands wrote:Warrior bunkers are very expensive now and won't contribute with anything really. Before, they were both a cheap bunker and dagger fodder.

So where will that Sorceress go now, in a combat unit? Sounds very risky to me. She could get quite beefy with magic, but I wouldn't rely on that for such an important and expensive character.

A crossbow unit looks like the safest place for her to be in. Thoughts?

Welp here's some options

1. Dark Pegasus with the Cloak of Twilight: 3+ Ward against shooting should protect her enough while she's flying around and zapping her spells. It's a bit of a waste of the D3 wounds from the Cloak, but the protection it gives her is worth it.

2. Warlocks: Again it gives her mobility and with a 4+ Ward, the Warlocks have a decent chance of shrugging off a miscast.

3. Any infantry combat unit: I know it's counter intuitive, but if you are taking the Lore of Darkness or the Lore of Life you might as well provided you give her the Talismen of Protection or the Black Amulet. In both lores she can give a unit a precious buff with a signature spell that will greatly increase the efficiency of the unit (Regen and +1 Str are both godsends). Provided she has a 4+ Ward, she should survive. This also goes double for the Black Amulet that can make her add to combat resolution if people try and focus attacks on her.

4. Dark Riders: They have a possible 4+ Armor save now with movement 9, they can be a half decent bunker. Also if you pop the Power of Darkness on them, the can get Str 5 on- a charge a tantalizing prospect.
There is no such thing of defeat, just the postponement of victory.
islands
Warrior

Post by islands »

Ye some kind of mounted sorceress sounds good to me. Perhaps in a unit of 10 dark riders or warlocks.
HERO
Cold One Knight

Post by HERO »

I don't run the dagger so I put her on the corner of my Executioners' unit.
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

I run my Lvl4 with Hotek in the Executioners (to protect them from magic), and a Lvl1 on Steed with the Warlocks (to get within range easily)
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Here's my initial setup; Malekith on his cold one in a unit of warlocks (lose fast cav because of him but still fast enough to pick when and where they engage, also virtually immune to magical damage. lvl2 in dark riders with the ring of hotek (they retain fast cav so can either hang around my lines covering them with the ring's aura or run right up next to an annoying but slow enemy caster. No mages on foot.