Beautiful Morathi

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Vampire1812
Executioner

Beautiful Morathi

Post by Vampire1812 »

I think we are all seeing the landscape of WHFB change and more and more people are happy to play with and against Characters. I am seeing more and more of them included in lists at tournaments and in casual games. I think its high time we give this lady a shot at leading the Druchii.

I believe she is very survivable and deadly. The perfect mix for a general. What do you guys and gals think? Is she too cheap now? Is she too fragile? I can not wait to get some free time and get her in a list.

What do you think her ultimate spell package load out would be?

2 dark
1 death
1 shadow

All Dark?

1 Dark
3 Death

While I like the Life build or the tome build I think that Morathi can be just as deadly on her own. I think soul stealer will become a one trick pony while fun while it lasts I don't see it lasting all that long.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Beautiful Morathi

Post by Calisson »

Definitively Death signature. At Ld10, on a mobile caster? :twisted:
Else, to your taste.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Vampire1812
Executioner

Post by Vampire1812 »

I see her as efficient and totally devastating. I am mystified at why I am not seeing more chatter about her. Out of all the Characters in our new book I would rate Morathi as the single most useful one.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Problem with mixing Lores is that spells are random.
Unless you pick signature spells.
The four sig make a good choice, and 100% reliable.
Otherwise, rather take a single Lore.

Please test and report!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Persuader
Executioner

Post by Persuader »

Vampire1812 wrote:2 dark
1 death
1 shadow

This is what I would do.
Death: Spirit Leech, Ld10, mobile caster = 10/10
Shadow: I for one, LOVE miasma. If you roll a better spell, even better.
Dark: Wouldn't mind defaulting to DOOMBOLT and chances are you will get one (or two ) of the other good spells

+ if you start by taking spells from the 3 lores you'll have more options if you find yourself near a wizards tower.
Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

I would probably go with either

2 Dark
1 Death
1 Shadow

or

3 Dark
1 Death

As Calisson said, Death is a must. With Power of Darkness she can be used to threaten flanks as she grants 7 S6 attacks and a stomp!
Vampire1812
Executioner

Post by Vampire1812 »

Now we are talking!

I knew this biatch was bad. I have not gotten any free time lately so most likely it will be awhile before I get to play a game with her. At 375 bones she seems an absolute steal. If anyone gets a shot to use her to murder the enemy can we get a report? On paper she seems very good.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

For Morathi?

Spirit Leech and 3 Dark Spells.

Wouldn't want to roll Shadow and end up with something silly (like steed of shadows) and Word of Pain is so much better than Miasma (of course might not get it, but all Dark spells are good to me.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Dalamar wrote:For Morathi?

Spirit Leech and 3 Dark Spells.

Wouldn't want to roll Shadow and end up with something silly (like steed of shadows) and Word of Pain is so much better than Miasma (of course might not get it, but all Dark spells are good to me.

More chance of rolling something silly on Dark...

It depends on who you are playing against I guess. If your against low I, you probably want Purple Sun, so should roll a few for Death. If your playing low strength blocks of infantry, Black Horror may actually be slightly useful.

As as all comers, I would be rolling:

2 on Death (default one to Spirit Leech, the other one can be another snipe because two is better than one, or Purple Sun).
1 On Shadow (most spells are useful, and if not, miasma is good and cheap to cast)
1 on Dark (chance you might get Shroud of Despair or Word of Pain, Doombolt is ok to default to for a reasonably easy to cast 2D6 S5 hits).

Morathi is interesting. She is decently priced, because another LVL4 Death on Peg with 4++ comes in at 315, but you probably want a scroll on her too (a disadvantage of Morathi though). Basically, you get alot for the extra 60 points. I may try her, but I'd still prefer a lvl4 death on dragon :)
Somerandomhero
Slave on the Altar

Post by Somerandomhero »

I loves me the dragon but by herkati's spite it dines on cannonballs every time. Leaving my character hoofing it to the nearest unit and fast.
"Hey guys, I'm your supreme lord and commander, let me in."
Snarky subordinate "sorry didn't recognize without your dragon my lady." Snort
"Prepare to be sacrificed you insulate fop!!!"

At least with her named peg she should do well in that area. Better at least.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Either spirit leech and 3 dark, or 4 dark. If you want shadow, take a lvl4 on foot or in a unit of warlocks. This girl plus her casting bonuses on dark will be a thing to behold.
strategem
Cold One Knight

Post by strategem »

just finished my first game using morathi instead of lvl4 peg. absolutely love this girl.
I chose 1 dark and 3 death and ended up with both vortexes, Doom and Darkness and spirit leach.
the only bad thing was, with only having this beauty and warlocks as casters I have no scroll, so have to be picky about which spells you want to stop.
But I will definitely be using her in tournaments that allow characters ( more play testing needed of course :) )