A few questions

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Shearov
Trainee Warrior

A few questions

Post by Shearov »

I'm trying to put together a new list, and have a couple of things I'd like some advice on.

1. Lvl 4 Life bunker. I was planning to run a level 4 SSorceress with life in a bunker behind two big units (one dreadspears and one exes). She will have a sac dag.

Do I make the bunker 16 bleakswords, or 12 darkshards? I know the answer would probably be the swords, as they are only there to protect her and be sacraficed, but it just seems that that is all they do. The shards would at least get to shoot at things (although probably from behind hard cover).

2. BSB, Does he need a ward save? He is in with the Exes, has the traditional 1+ rerollable, but just worried if he gets hit with no armour save attacks, he'd be pretty dead.

3. I've not seen it discussed, but an (albeit expensive) monster hunter came to mind, that will also clear chaff and warmachines with impunity. A Dreadlord on a Peg (or maybe steed) with the CoT and the Chillblade.

3 attacks which all have a good chance of hitting, will auto wound, at -1 to the armour save (a lot of big things trade a good armour save for high T). On the charge each would will do D3 wounds. The peg could also do a fatal wound. Being mounted means no thunderstomps against you so has a good chance of surviving and much more chance of survival should the thing not go down first turn.

Obviously things with regen could cause problems, but you'd no doubt get to pick your fights.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: A few questions

Post by T.D. »

1. Sounds like your list would be underpowered. Spears, Swords and Rxb all make effective bunkers. But you don't want another core unit beside the bunker that is not Witches or Dark Riders (or in a push, Corsairs). Too much of your list would be S3/non-poison.

2. 2+ is the best we can do on foot without enchanted shield? Wards are always handy for combat BSBs.

3. I really like the Cloak+Chillblade concept, but we don't see it played very often because it is expensive and pings off warded and 1+ enemies. I think it has a role however, especially in the new Ubermeta and in higher points games.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame