1500 Points, Druchii Experimental List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

1500 Points, Druchii Experimental List

Post by Darmort »

I'm going for a pretty back to basics list here. Lots of Core, no Rare, one Special, and yet it still fills all 3 Hero Slots. Overall, the list has a simple tactic; draw the enemy into a trap for Dark Riders, Cold One Knights, Corsairs and Warriors to charge.

Master
Armour of Darkness, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness, Halberd
134 Points

Master
Cold One, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Deathpiercer, Null Talisman.
150 Points

Sorceress
Seal of Ghrond.
130 Points

20 Warriors
Shields, Full Command
155 Points

20 Warriors
Shields, Full Command
155 Points

12 Repeater Crossbowmen
120 Points

10 Repeater Crossbowmen
100 Points

5 Dark Riders
Musician, Repeater Crossbows
117 Points

5 Dark Riders
Musician, Repeater Crossbows
117 Points

12 Corsairs
120 Points

5 Cold One Knights
Full Command, Banner of Murder
200 Points

The strangest thing in this list, I think, are the Cold One Knights combined with the Banner of Murder. They already have Strength 6 on the charge, yes, but all my opponents tend to make use of a lot of Heavy Cavalry so I decided that something had to be done about it. Even Empire and Chosen Knights are getting a serious penalty of a 5+ Armour Save, while other Heavy Cavalry has to rely on a 6+ Save, if the Cold One Knights get to charge. Not only this, even if they get bogged down in combat, their opponents are going to be suffering S4 Armour Piercing hits. Overkill? Maybe, but I'll experiment with it and see how I get on. Alternatively, for another 2 Points I can get another Knight in the unit and drop the Banner and bring me to a round 1500 Army.

The Warriors are, obviously, the anvil units. The Master on foot is going in one of these units, bolstering their already impressive survivability and he'll be sitting at the centre of the army, the rest of the army surrounding his unit in some way, hopefully. So far I like Masters and Dreadlords a lot more in ordinary Warrior Units than Corsairs. I've yet to field Black Guard.

The Corsairs themselves are just a flanking unit, possibly the same as the Repeater Crossbowmen, but I'm nervous about sending them into combat willingly. They're not cheap and they're near armourless. Last resort flankers, I suppose.

The Dark Riders will be doing their usual job and harrassing, charging lone mages, skirmishers, warmachines (although perhaps not Dwarf ones...) and possibly other fast cavalry.

The Sorceress was originally going to carry a pair of Scrolls, but I decided on the Seal of Ghrond instead for a few reasons. First, an extra Dispel Die is reusable turn after turn. Second, it makes the Sorceress cheaper. Third, it gave me two more Repeater Crossbowmen.

With 3 Dice she should be able to cast whatever spell she gains, it should just be not letting the enemy dispel it be the problem. Knowing what my opponents usually field will help when deciding whether to change her Spell to Chill Wind. I also don't plan on using Power of Darkness unless I get Black Horror, in which case 2 dice to cast it, and a minimum of 2 dice back (and with this, there can be no physical loss of Power Dice).
Back From Druchii Hiatus