2250-manti+cauldron

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Apo1979
Executioner

2250-manti+cauldron

Post by Apo1979 »

Gday,

Here is the list I'm thinking to play in a tourney at my local store on the weekend.
I'd like to have the cauldron and a theme around witches.

Characters

Lord on manti-ha,sdc,,halberd,potion of strength,pendant

hag with cauldron

scroll caddy sorceress

Master BSB on steed with halberd,ha,sdc-ring of hotek

assasin-adhw,touch of death,rune of khaine

Core

2x5 DRs xbows
2x5 harpies
10xbowmen

Special

14 witches hag,standard
14 BGs -ASF

Rare

2RBT
Hydra

Comments?

Do you think that the manti lord is going to do well? Or a steed is a better mount?

If I drop the manti I could include 6 shades with gw and 1 more witch elf in each unit.
Romulus68
Corsair

Post by Romulus68 »

Drop the Potion off the Lord in Favor of the Deathpiercer Lance to get 8 Killing Blow attacks (4 from Lord + 4 from Manti). You may have a few free points then take the Enchanted Shield on the Lord.

That Lord is good at knocking out Vampire Generals, Wizard Lords and Tombkings with his KB!!

Depending on how they score the games you are going to take a hit on Composition as you are VERY character heavy in points. I would be tempted to drop the Assassin in favor of 20 Warriors with Full Command and a War Banner. This unit helps your Black Guards win fights by adding A LOT of combat resolution to the battle.
Naggarond
Warrior

Post by Naggarond »

Hmm. I've been toying with a similar list.

I'd drop the dreadlord for a Death Hag with rune of Khaine and Manbane to join the witches.

I'd drop the Master BSB for a Hag BSB to go with the Cauldron.

Give the assassin manbane, you can choose to give him KB via cauldron if he needs it.

If you also drop the two BT's, (you have a couple of manbanes with rune of khaine to make up for monsters), this leaves you enough points to:

Raise the WE and BG to 18, get a Banner of Murder for the WE,

plus get a nice unit of 18 executioners to scare the crap out of those dragon-treemen thingys.

Not to mention full command for everything.

Adds up nicely to 2250.

Good luck on the tourney.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

You army seems awfully small. It is made of about 1/3 of characters, another roughly 1/3 small light units and 1/3 hitting. If I were to play this list, I would shoot down the manti, take out the harpies, dark riders and crossbows with magic and shooting and then take care of your bolt throwers, all while avoiding your black guard and baiting your witches.

This list need a bit more meat to it. Though I love assassins, I think it might be good to drop your's for a unit of spears to act as an anchor/magnet. Allow the witches and black guard to move along its flanks and clean off anything that gets caught there.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Enfant terrible
Cold One Knight

Post by Enfant terrible »

I've been running a similar list with a decent win ratio ... check it out here:

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=59195
"... Why so serious? ..."
Apo1979
Executioner

Post by Apo1979 »

Ok , I played yesterday at the tourney .I lost 2 battles.

First game against Deamons. He had:
Greater deamon of Tzeench
1 helard
6 flamers
2x6 hounds
2 x15 horrors
13 bloodletters with helard on juggernaut
2 fiends of slaneesh-2x5 furies

It was a very close game-in the end he had only the helard with 5 horrors-the flamers and the greater deamon.I had only the cauldron-sorceress-witches and 5 BGs with the BSB.
The 2nd game was with a typical boring dwarf gunline.I lost easy.

Thoughs after the tourney: I like my lord on manti and the army overall but it seems small. So, I change it a bit:

Characters

Lord on manti-ha,sdc,,halberd,potion of strength,pendant

hag with cauldron

scroll caddy sorceress

Master BSB soulrender,ha,sdc-armour of darkness

Core

2x5 DRs xbows
2x5 harpies
10xbowmen

Special

2x12 witches hag
16 BGs -ASF

Rare

2RBT
Hydra

I drop the assasin and include another 12 witches and more BGs. What do you think?
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Drop the 2 RBT and the caddyand add another 300 points of core. Give your lord, master or BG champ the seal of Ghrond and the ring of Hotek for magic protection.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Slanderbot
Warrior

Post by Slanderbot »

doing what rabidnid said would make your list more fluffy but some people swear by the scroll caddy for those desperate times needing a scroll.

I think the dropping of the assassin was a good idea but I would have added some warriors or corsairs to help shield your witches/bg and add some SCR.
Bacteria: The only culture some people have.
Luck is the residue of design

Win-Draw-Loss
Dark elves 32-1-0
40k (Retired)
Iron Warriors 52-1-0
Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Master of arneim »

I'd reduce the bg, leave at home the bsb and one unit of witches. The lord on manti could be better with a magical weapon just because if you face some ethereals you're fried.

It's surely difficult make this list running with this set up. Everyone here is right: you need more stuff and surely the ring. Absolutely keep the sorceress. 2 scrolls are fundamental with so few DD and no magic resistances.
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.
Slanderbot
Warrior

Post by Slanderbot »

You could think of downgrading your lord to a master and giving him this loadout to save some points.

Yours: Lord 426
manti-ha,sdc,,halberd,potion of strength,pendant

Mine: Master 346
Manticore, Death Piercer, HA, SDC, Shield, 2xRHB, N.Talisman

This saves your a total of 80 points and imo it is a better loadout.

The lord has 1 more attack and 4 more str for one turn, and the pendant. Whereas the master has a total of 7 KB attacks, str 6 on charge, MR1, and good sniping capability with the 2xrhb. If you really want the PoK on him you can change out the D.Piercer for it and add a sword of might or something magic to deal with ethereals.

With this 80 points you could drop the BSB and give the BSB to the cauldron, and the RoK to your BG; bringing your points up to 184. Add in a unit of witches and you got yourself 314 points to play with.

I would suggest using them on some more rxb men, dark riders, or a block of warriors and some COK. These would beef up your army a lot.
Bacteria: The only culture some people have.
Luck is the residue of design

Win-Draw-Loss
Dark elves 32-1-0
40k (Retired)
Iron Warriors 52-1-0