Sea Ravens Army List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Smiler6310
Cold One Knight

Sea Ravens Army List

Post by Smiler6310 »

Hi,

I've just finished reading the Darkblade novels, loved them. Especially the second book 'Bloodstorm', so much so I've knocked up a 2000pt army list based on it. I'm really keen to get peoples views and opinions on whether or not this army sounds good and/or suggestions for improvements for my tactics or unit choices.

Heroes:
Malus Darkblade 275pts

Uriel (Master) 80pts
-Sword of Ruin 50 pts
-Heavy Armour 4 pts
-Sea Dragon Cloak 4pts

Yasmir Lv 2 Sorceress 135pts
-2 dispel scrolls 50pts

Core:
10 RXB 100pts

10 RXB 100pts

16 Corsairs with full command 185pts

16 Corsairs with full command 185pts

5 Harpies 55pts

5 Harpies 55pts

Special:
7 Executioners with standard bearer and banner of murder 121pts

6 COK with standard bearer and standard of Hag Graef 213pts

10 Shades with light armour and bloodshade 198pts

Rare:
2 RBT 200pts

Total: 2000pts

Tactics; Malus will lead the COK and wait behind my lines (terrain picking which side he choses). Uriel will lead the executioners flanked by the corsairs either side as the main battle line. The RBTs and RXB will deploy with best line of sight (again terrain dependant).

The shades and harpies will try to slow/disrupt the enemy and pick off wizards or war engine crew. The RXBs, RBTs and sorceress will shower the enemy for as long as possible. Then the executioners and corsairs will charge. The COK will remain just behind my lines ready to reinforce a unit should one break or move to one side to try a flank charge.

Again any views or critiques welcome.

Many Thanks
Smiler
Death on Wings!
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Uriel would work better with Death Hag rules (he's acolyte of the temple), and besides as Master he can't join Exacutioners unit.

Also Yasmir has nothing to do with magic, so she'd best be made as master with Dagger of Hotek perhaps?
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Smiler6310
Cold One Knight

Post by Smiler6310 »

Thanks for the tips. I tried to recreate the book as close as possible, thats why I originally put Uriel with the executioners. In the book several act as his retainers (and besides the models themselves look hard as!). Any suggestions for a unit to put him in to hold the centre of the battle line?
Death on Wings!
Thomus darkblade
Shade

Post by Thomus darkblade »

Urial is a Khainite mage, which isn't really something we have in our army book. Rules wise- he's best represented by a death hag- perhaps accompanied by a cauldron (unable to march suits him well )

Yasmir is the personification of a death hag in Bloodstorm, but she spends most of the book brooding below deck.

What about Bruglir or his Girlfriend/ First mate ( I forget her name) Bruglir js almost certainly a dreadlord, and what's her face would make an excellent master. One of them with the ring of Hotek and the other with the seal of Ghrond should bear the brunt of many opponents magic phases.
Lord temnir
Executioner

Post by Lord temnir »

Firstly: I like what you've done with the master to make him most urial-like. Style over use!

My suggestions: What about playing Execs as Black Guard? (that would leave them use a weapon wielded with 2 hands- so let's say these are special draich that are lighter than the proper one's ;) )

And why do you play the Standart of Hag Graef in CoK? it is completely useless in my eyes...

What you could do, is to use Malus' brother as a second master and let him bear the RoH. Noone said he hasn't got such a ring. On the other hand you can say it is the blessing of Khaine which that char received (like the one Urial used against the warriors of nurgle)
Victory is messured by the blood spilled.
Smiler6310
Cold One Knight

Post by Smiler6310 »

I remembered that malus's sister Nagaira is the sorceress/witch in the novels but she doesn't appear in 'Bloodstorm' thats why I chose to name my sorceress Yasmir. Using Bruglir instead is a good idea but should I use him as a master and his first mate as another master and forego a sorceress at all?

I chose the standard of Hag Graef for my COK with the idea that they support the main line and if a unit breaks and a enemy unit follows up into my COKs then I would strike autoatically first!
Death on Wings!
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

I would downsize the shades and drop the armour of it. Armour is a personal oppinion, but most woods don't fit a unit of 10 skirmishers.

If you drop the sorc (which would fit the theme) stock up on antimagic (RoH, null shards) to help you along.

I would just use Bruglir and buy some magic defense.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Smiler6310
Cold One Knight

Post by Smiler6310 »

Thankyou for the suggestions!
Death on Wings!