Double manticore nastiness 2250

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Azimyth
Beastmaster

Double manticore nastiness 2250

Post by Azimyth »

Dreamed up this nastiness the other day. The only thing I'm not sure about is the item choice on the characters. The basic idea is to keep the mantis within 12" of the Ring and also screen the DP with the harpies.

The list is incredibly fast with only the hydras not using 3 dice for pursiut or fleeing. I envision 2nd and 3rd turn charges, with possible dual charges from the manticores.

Characters
Dreadlord @ 459 Pts
General; RXB; HA; Shield; Manticore; Ring of Darkness; Cloak of Hag Graef; Caledor's Bane

Master @ 352 Pts
Lance; RXB; HA; SDC; Manticore; Pendant of Khaeleth; Enchanted Shield

Master @ 200 Pts
RXB; HA; SDC; Shileld; Dark Pegasus; Deathpiercer; Ring of Hotek

Core

6 Harpies @ 66 Pts
6 Harpies @ 66 Pts
6 Harpies @ 66 Pts
6 Dark Riders @ 153 Pts
RXB; Musician; Herald
6 Dark Riders @ 153 Pts
RXB; Musician; Herald
5 Dark Riders @ 131 Pts
RXB; Musician; Herald

Special

6 Cold One Knights @ 252 Pts
Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; FC; Standard of Slaughter; Null Talisman

Rare

1 War Hydra @ 175 Pts
1 War Hydra @ 175 Pts
South African Players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
ETC: Rules for whingers who still want to play 7th
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

Personally I would drop a unit of harpies and the small unit of dark riders for another unit of CoK or two chariots. You have some decent punch, but I would like to see more.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Coeur de lion
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Coeur de lion »

druchii77 wrote:Personally I would drop a unit of harpies and the small unit of dark riders for another unit of CoK or two chariots. You have some decent punch, but I would like to see more.

Sadly he would not be able to do that and meet the minimum 3 core unit requirements. All the DR have to stay as our Harpies don't count.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

To save points, chop 1 unit of 6 harpies, and make every DR unit only 5 strong. 6 strong units tend to be a tad less maneouvrable.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

druchii77 wrote:Personally I would drop a unit of harpies and the small unit of dark riders for another unit of CoK or two chariots. You have some decent punch, but I would like to see more.
He has 2 hydra, a unit of knights and 2 manticores as well as another master. That's plenty of punch IMO. Personally, I would be tempted to take a caddy instead of the last master. (put the ring on the knights) I'd hate to lose a manti or the knights just because someone rolled 3,4,5... A single caddy is probably enough for this army becasue it is so fast.
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

chop a unit of riders and harpies, add in a unit of RXBs and put the caddy in there. they can then help the hydras progress, keeping small units from slowing there progress to tougher targets.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Azimyth
Beastmaster

Post by Azimyth »

@druchii77: More punch? I have a variant with 2 units of COKs if thats what you mean but i have to drop a unit of harpies, the DR to 5 each and drop 1 COK and musician. I feel somewhat more comfortable with the extra harpies.
@Zardock: I'm not sure I understand why you say that 6 DR are less maneouverable 5? :?
The caddy is nice idea. I would mount her on a Dark steed, so that she can keep up with rest of the army. This is primarily because I'm rather partial to giving caddies the ring. :twisted: Yes it is risky but then again I've caught several opponents out with it :lol:
I'm still not sure if the item selection is right. Should I swop the Cloak of HG for AoES on the dreadlord?
South African Players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
ETC: Rules for whingers who still want to play 7th