1000 Points Infantry Heavy (COB)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sadisticity
Executioner

1000 Points Infantry Heavy (COB)

Post by Sadisticity »

Have been playing Warhammer 40k for too long and I've realised that I do not have a solid Army even before the 5th DE army book came out. @.@ (I bought the 4th Ed intending to start DE)

So... I am kind of interested in Witch Elves and I've sort of tested them out using poxies. As a beginner to WHFB, I prefer to go about fielding more Infantry blocks.Harpies are awesome and I've read some goodies about Hydra so I am fielding them in my Army.

Pretty straight forward tatic. Warriors will be soaking up damage supported by my Corsairs before my Witch Elves move in for the kill.

Harpies will be flying behind enemy lines or disabling enemy warmachines.

War Hydra... storm forward to wreck havoc... hehe

Looking forward to build a Khainite army when I exand into 1500points.

Comments plz... I already have 15 Witch Elves and 6 Harpies. If everything is find imma go ahead to purchase 2 boxes of Corsairs, 1 box of Warriors, a Hydra and a COB.

Hero

Death Hag
- Cauldron of Blood

Core

10 Black Ark Corsairs
- Reaver
- Pair of Handbow

10 Black Ark Corsairs
- Reaver
- Pair of Handbow

15 Dark Elf Warriors
- Full Command
- Shields

6 Harpies

Special

14 Witch Elves
- Full Command
- Banner of Murder
- Witchbrew

Rare

1 War Hydra

Total : 1002
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Good start to an army but I would change a few things.

Make both units of Corsairs AHW, they each then get 2 attacks and buffed with a CoB extra attack could become as deadly as the WE with a slightly higher survivability.

15 Warriors are good but what purpose do they serve? Maybe thing about some DR or something like a small unit of ExE.

WE are good, banner of murder is probably the best banner for them, though they don’t need the FC, drop the Musician. If they are running they are worth less than Corsairs and they are probably nearly all dead anyway. Though if the Cob is nearby Ld 9 Stubborn shouldn’t be going any where.

You are looking for a Khainte themed army so maybe drop the Warriors for some ExE? 15 Warriors FC with S is about 120 points I belive, same as 10 ExE.
Vesidel
Dark Rider

Post by Vesidel »

I see some trouble if you run up against a magic heavy or shooty army, but the large number of infantry you have on the table should provide a good boost against most balanced lists.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

For corsairs, I suggest 10 with AHW (COB recipients) and 10 with RHB (to get rid of light march-blockers).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Sadisticity
Executioner

Post by Sadisticity »

I like the idea of adding Executioners into my Army for the extra Punch. So I'll grab 10 Executioners. Afterall I am building a Khainite army.

I intend to keep my 15 DE Warriors because I've figured I need a small Anvil. As I've noticed, most of my army is relatively fragile and costly (in terms of point cost except for maybe the Hydra) and some unit in my Army has to soak up the Damage. I'll send them in front together with my Hyrda Supported by my Exe, WE and Corsairs.

Hero

Death Hag
- Cauldron of Blood

Core

10 Black Ark Corsairs

15 Dark Elf Warriors
- Full Command
- Shields

6 Harpies

Special

14 Witch Elves
- Hag
- Standard Bearere
- Banner of Murder
- Witchbrew

10 Har Ganeth Executioners
- Draich Master

Rare

1 War Hydra

So my tatic is to put my Warriors and Hydra in front. My Witch Elves will be following close behind flanked by Executioners and Corsairs. They will be my main hitting force. Harpies will be sent in to kill Warmachines and also fly behind enemy to repare for flank/rear charges or even deny marching for the enemy.

With this I think my army is somewhat there already and require some fine tuning. Comments please. ^^