2250: uber beardy, but will it work?

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

2250: uber beardy, but will it work?

Post by Drek »

In my area, there is no such thing as cheese. Everyone takes the cheesiest, beardiest list they can. I haven't used the Dragon Lord in awhile, so I thought I'd come up wtih an uber cheese list for an upcoming tournament and start playtesting. This is it. But will it work???

Dreadlord on Black Dragon
Crimson Death
Armor of Eternal Servitude
Cloak of Hag Graef
1 Null Talisman

Master Lance; Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield;
Cold One
3 Null Talisman

Sorceress, Lvl 1
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

2x Assassin
Extra Hand Weapon
Rending Stars
Manbane

2x5 Harpies

3x5 Dark Riders (no upgrades)

5 COK, FC (Master goes here)
Ring of Hotek
Banner of Cold Blood

8 Shades, GW (both shades go here)

2x War Hydra

Total Roster Cost: 2245

Armies I may see incluce
-VC Lord on Dragon, Red Fury + Dreadlance, 10 Black Kn and 5 Blood
-Daemons Thirster with 3x6 Flesh Hounds and Juggers
-Lizzies 6 Stegadons
-WoC Troll list with Khorek (or whatever his name is)
-Daemons Flying, nasty Tzeentch
-WoC with Archaon
Olderplayer
Executioner

Post by Olderplayer »

Those seen like pretty chessy lists. VC, WoC w Archaon, Daemons w Tz and LM will all usually be heavy magic. You better hope to get that RoH in range of the casters and kill some mages with the DL and assassins pretty quick or they will eat up the d. scrolls in turn 1 and leave you defenseless. I'd spread out the casters when seeing a limited number of Sorcerors asap and then cast a lot of one PD spells with Tzeentch Magic in DoC and WoC to get around the RoH. Putting both assassins with the shades is risky as an opponent will do a quick count and assume assassins and then often cast to kill the shades early if they are in range since that is the only place they could be.
Babnik
Black Guard

Post by Babnik »

I was used to play a very cheesy list (11v/1D/1L) in my club and I had to stop playing it :cry: . Very similar to yours but the Dreadlord had the black amulett, enchanted shield and the sword of might.
You got a lord with 2+ as (1 against shooting) and a nasty 4+ ward save.
1s comment about your list: 2 hydras is a must in cheezyness !!! :twisted:
2nd Your dreadlord has 2 magical armours...
3rd comment, rest of your army is not strong enough and your dragon can't be everywhere. I would decrease numbers of DR, Harpies, shades to afford a good unit on foot. Like BG or Execs to support your COK. That way the dreadlord can target any opponent withouth being worried about your cavalry.
Thanatoz
Noble

Post by Thanatoz »

Technical illegality: you have 2 assassins, they can be bought as a unit upgrade, but you'll need one unit per assassin. In other words, they need an infantry unit to hide in, and you can't put 2 assassins in the same unit (though they may be joined later).
Mazrim taim
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mazrim taim »

You could have on assassin start in the unit of shades and deploy the other assassin right next to the shades as a scout. I agree with Babnik, you should definitely consider BG or Execs.

@olderplayer:
most of the armies you mentioned appear to be more combat oriented, not magic heavy as you said. 6 Stegadons in a Lizardmen army will take up at least 1500 pts, which won't leave a lot of space left for magic. I don't know much about WoC, but the VC look geared up for devastating charges with their cheesey knights and fighty dragon-lord, and one of the demon armies is khorne-oriented.
"The end is near. The Wheel has groaned its final rotation, the clock has lost its spring, the serpent heaves its final gasps. He must know pain of heart. He must know frustration, and he must know anguish. Bring these to him, and you will be rewarded."
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

Some good thoughts, thank you. Honestly, magic is not a huge concern. Of those lists I posted, only the Tzeentch is heavy magic. Not being able to put two Assasins in the same unit is something I had missed, as I 've never tried it before. And I see that the Cloak of Hag Graef does not say "Can be combined with other magic armor." Oops.

New list:
Dreadlord on Dragon
HA, SDC, Shield
Caledor's Bane
AoES
2x Null Talis

Master on CO
HA, SH, SDC, Lance
2x Null Talis

Assasin, XHW, Manbane, Rending

2x5 DR (no upgrades)
10 RXB dudes
2x5 Harpies

20 BG, FC, Ring of Hotek, Std of Hag Graef
5 COK, FC, Banner of Cold Blood (Master goes here)
5 Shades, GW (Assasin goes in here)
2x Hydras

Total: 2245 points.
Babnik
Black Guard

Post by Babnik »

Now your über cheesy list is ready to slay your opponents! Remember to keep your COK and BG together, to lower the risk of stupidity when a charge is needed. 1 hydra stays around the COK to bring fear in close combat (strengh unit of 7+10, can break any unit!). :lol:
The other hydra should support the lord on dragon.
If dices are not too bad, you should walk over WoC, VC. Daemons and lizards might be more tricky...
Good luck brother druchii and give us a tournament feedback!