Is this legal?

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Manicelf
Slave (off the Altar)

Is this legal?

Post by Manicelf »

Hi,
I am an inexperienced player and need a 2250 list for a league I'm entering. Is this one legal? Any use? Thanks!

Sorceress lev 2 on Cold One
with focus familiar

10 Crossbowmen Shields

10 Crossbowmen Shields

10 Warriors full command Shields
10 Warriors full command Shields

15 Corsairs full command Sea Serpent Standard

5 Dark Riders full command with crossbows
5 Dark Riders full command with crossbows

5 Cold One Knights full command (Standard of Slaughter)

5 Cold One Knights Muso, Standard Bearer
Dreadlord – Heavy Armour, Shield , Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One, Sword of Ruin

2 X Cold One Chariot

4 X Bolt Thrower

2229 pts
as long as there is hate...
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

It's legal but not quite optimal for example:

-You shouldn't put a sorceress on a cold one, because of the chance to become stupid. A dark steed or a Pegasus is much better (increased movement, no stupidity)
And only 1 lvl 2 isn't going to do much in 2250 points. You should go for all or nothing ( if for all, tink about a supreme sorceress and 2 or 3 lvl 2's. if for nothing take one or two scroll caddy's

-10 warriors is not enough, not in any way. you should merge the 2 groups into 1 of 20 warriors with full command, shields and a Warbanner ( maybe make them 25 if you have the models and the points to spare.

-No command on the dark riders (maybe a muso but that's a personal taste)

-Try to give the unit with your dreadlord in it, the standard of cold blood. To avoid stupidity on important charges
I was once a dwarf, but then a big dragon appeared. I rose my axe,ready to fight, but the rider said:come to the dark side...
we have cookies!
Well i couldn't resist that!
Now i am the mighty general of a dark elf army MUHUHAHA (still need to work on that evil laugh though)
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

You can save some points by dropping the banners and champs on the Dark riders. The spear blocks could do with being bigger, at least 15 each.

The sorc on the CO is not such a good idea, you can convert her to a BSB (just add a banner to her staff) or run her as a lvl 1 with 2 scrolls.

Try and give the DL the potion of strenght as well so he can wound big tough critters.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Borog
Beastmaster

Post by Borog »

I think the OP struggles to meet the point value and that this is the reasoning for his units.

But try to make the spearmen into 1 unit with warbanner.
As you have the points, you might as well give the x-bow units a musician and a champion. Drop the banner on the dark riders, but you can try out the champion if you need the points, they can be fun sometimes!

I would give the dreadlord another sword, the sword of ruin is not that good. Give him the pendant if you need more points.
You can also try out banner of murder on the other unit of CoK. That means they can punch through anything!
Sarcon
Beastmaster

Post by Sarcon »

Either drop the banners from the warriors, or make it one unit of 20. Right now you're giving away free 100 points/captured banner, because that unit gets killed by almost any charging unit (even fast cav/small skirmish units of flyers)
Be sure to check out my Army blog.
Manicelf
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Manicelf »

Thanks for the advice. I do have other units available i.e 20 Witches, COB, Shades. Just didn't include them as they're not fully painted yet.
as long as there is hate...
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

You don't have magic defence- but you have an open COK DK (the first one is noted as FC) you can put Ring of Hotek, and have mobile botches. I like making the Spearmen naked, and killing the for more magic, or making them crossbowmen. Nothing like seeing a wave of enemies come at you and the hail of bolts falling upon them
Oderint dum Metuant.