Dragon Mage at 2500 points

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Falconrider
Corsair

Dragon Mage at 2500 points

Post by Falconrider »

Hi all,

I'd like to get some opinions on this list. It includes a Dragon Mage, probably not the best value/effective for points build but that doesn't matter to me as i just think she is so cool.

Level 3 Supreme Sorceress
Black Dragon
Tomb of Furion
Black Dragon Egg
Pendant of Khaeleth

Level 2 Shadow Sorceress
Channeling Staff
Seal of Ghrond

COB Death Hag BSB

16 RXB
champ mus

10 RXB
mus

2 x 5 Harpies

30 rhb Corsairs
f/c SSS

30 Witch Elves
f/c Banner of Murder

12 Black Guard
f/c Flaming +2 fire ward

Hydra
Camaris
Black Guard

Post by Camaris »

Put shields on the 16 RXBs, since you're going to need that if you win the roll off in hold the tower scenario. You can get these points from dropping the 2+ Ward item off the BG unit champion, since I honestly doubt people are going to be attacking a unit champion with a flaming sniper spell.

What lore is the dragon mage using? One thing you could do with her is to switch her tome out with a power scroll, and have her throw purple suns across the field. This will work very well with the shadow sorceress, since you can use shadow signature spell to drain I, and then hurl the purple sun. The tactic is considered cheesy in some circles, but I don't think that that will be the case for this list, since you're spending a little less than 700 points on a mage.

I would switch the BGs and witch elves banners. BG are generally better at fighting tin cans so giving them BOM to assist them in this will be a better use of points, and flaming on WE can be extremely useful if you're facing trolls.

I think the list could use a little more punch, as it seems to have a lot of mass S3. You could give it more punch by dropping 10 corsairs, 5-7 witch elves, and the unit champions from the Witch Elves and Corsairs to get a 2nd War Hydra. This way you wouldn't even have a need to put shields on RXBs since the corsairs could hold the tower. Losing a few Witch Elves shouldn't be too harmful, either, since you're losing them to get one of the best monsters in the game.

Hope this helps.

cheers,
Camaris
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Being on a Dragon I really think you should take Black Amulet instead. Works really well with Soul Stealer from Dark Magic if you're using that lore. I also found that people tend to avoid even attacking her once they find out what your amulet does in CC.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued