Black Guard theme army

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dialeth
Warrior

Black Guard theme army

Post by Dialeth »

Hi guys
It´s been a long time since I came here to see, but I have an idea for an army and would like to know you opinion and/or any help (That will be wlellcome). My idea is a Black guard theme army, having the corsairs, cults etc why not the old guards?

The mechanics until now
Warriors as the beginners or the aprentices
black guard (Of course)
Nobles, and dreadlords as captains (Until now i assume that kouran is dead, read the topics, he is DEAD) but at leas one of them with the crimson death
we are the most graceful race. we can slay you in a thousant exquisit ways.
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

and Kouran ;)
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

If you like it ith a very good option, but i think there is problems

1.- Atending to the background, kouran its dead, killed by tyrion in a way I will not say anything.....
2.- Kouran dont cualifies as the general iin your army, so you need one, but kouran it´s suppose to be the chief of BG.....

But if you like avant mon ami
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well just because an army has heavy BG involvement it need not necessarily be lead by its captain. For one thing you could have it lead by Malekith, on foot fitting the theme best, or you could simply invent your own commander to lead the army.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Post by Kaleth stinson »

When you say Black Guard theme, i instantly think of border defence against chaos. As i dont know as much fluff as i wish, i cannot say what should be in that list.

But what i would put in my Black Guard list would be:

Atleast 2 units of Black Guards.
Alot of warriors, both spearmen and RxBmen
Some Dark riders, and shades for scouting the fields
Maybe some CoK and Chariots.
And lastly some RBT as i would imagine there are some on the towers, and of course our bellowed Hydras.
I would also belive that some magic and some unkillable flying Druchii are in place.

What i would not think would be in such an army would be:
Corsairs, as they have pillaging and not defending in mind.
Harpies, dont know why, but i imagine that as an elite Black Guards army, i would hate to see such flying screeming women flying over my head.
And lastly i dont think Khaines chosen ones should be in such an army, as with the corsairs, i belive that they have other things in their mind(like killing slaves) that defending the north.

Again, i dont know what kind of "Black Guard army" your are thinking, but thats atleast how i would play.

And if im wrong with my list fluffwise, please tell! :)

Cheers!
Jaith wrote:
"Why 10% more expensive?"

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:
"Because GW once said:"

"All your cash are belongs to us!"
Stormxiii
Warrior

Post by Stormxiii »

fluff is a thing you can extrapolate from the army book, there's not such thing as a 'party line' (I hope : )

form my part, black guard is already an apprenticeship for hight blood elves, so there's no point in treating warriors as a 'pre-class' of the guard, it's rather the canon fodder troops many generals like to have. I'll go this way, pretending you black guards are young and future leaders of the druuchi state

In the druchii spirit, there's no easy way to learn, you have to prove everything from the start of your existence (say, 'even as a child'), so maybe experienced troops should be more appreciated in such an army than low-levels ones : they may show you the way to do it, but will not do it for you...

Dark riders are such an experienced troop which role is to clear the way for black guards, in order for them to fight in a classical way (battle line vs battle line), taking care of cowards and intruders

Also, executionners and witch elves can be the unit "you'll have to surpass in battle and mayhem to prove you earn your noble rank" : low extraction blood thirsty fighters, perfect 'friendly' challengers

Cold one knights would accompany the young guard to teach them the rules of wars at night, around campfires, and shades, and some assassin could watch from the shadow in order to take care of the only heir of a great family....

well, just some fluffy lines ; )
Doctors say my head is so full of things that there's no place left for the brain
Dialeth
Warrior

Post by Dialeth »

-In parts:

-Kaleth, my idea was about a hightrained army among even the dark elves, using the flavor of a dark, evil cool brotherhood the BG is,
RBT ok but hidras are more difficult to put on place....., sorceres it´s more easy anyway.
But overall it´s a good begining

-storm XIII
the warriors armorand weapon are the more similar to thee BG so thats an easy way to put core list to the army (instead of the corsairs, whom main unit is core)
Join the Edotheism
Say NO to spotify