Looking for that old, Druchii feel. 2500 pt DE roster

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Blackfrost
Shade

Looking for that old, Druchii feel. 2500 pt DE roster

Post by Blackfrost »

Hello

I'm trying to get away from using old standbyes like the Hydra, the Ring and such. I adore Witch Elves and I have a multitude of them left over from the days of CoS so I thought that maybe if I took them en masse, it would shake things up a bit. I also miss the old Druchii style of play (Dark Riders, Chariots, speed in general) so I'm trying to get something together that will bring back that feel for me. I realize that blocks are needed in order to win in 8th so I'm using a few of them to be the backbone of my army.
I'm going for a semi MSU feel with this list to see if it can work. I want it to be fun but at the same time, I want it to be a solid army.

2500 pt Druchii

320 Supreme Sorceress Level 4, Lore of Shadow, Sac Dag, Talisman of Preservation
225 Death Hag BSB, CoB
130 Master AoD, CD

225 30 Spears, cmd, sh
225 30 Spears, cmd, sh
225 20 X-bows, mu, sh
117 5 Dark Riders xbows, mu
117 5 Dark Riders xbows, mu
55 5 Harpies
55 5 Harpies

300 3 Chariots
175 14 Witch Elves, cmd, Banner of flame
165 14 Witch Elves, cmd
145 14 Witch Elves, mu

2479 pts
Points might be off on the Sup Sorc...
I have a little room to work with and was contemplating on what enchanted item to give her. She will most likely be with the X-bowmen so the Guiding Eye is a possibility.
I wanted a Master on foot to buff up a spear block as I am a fan of combat characters. Should I drop him for a flying/Dark Rider master?
There are enough harassment units in the list so I don't need any shades backing me up.
I LOVE chariots. No matter what army I play, it's almost a foregone conclusion that I will be bringing some. They go with my theme of mobility and will (hopefully!) help my comp scores when people realize I'm not using a Hydra.
Witch Elves rock my socks. I've been looking at some lists on the site and noticed that people use them in multiple squads of 14 which is music to my ears.
Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thanks for your time, ladies and gents.
Norse_malekith
Warrior

Re: Looking for that old, Druchii feel. 2500 pt DE roster

Post by Norse_malekith »

A very cool army indeed, should be fun to play! DR and harpies are great for baiting, and with 3 WE-units/chariots, you should get som flank charges. I would perhaps have switched your master for a level 1 metal/fire sorceress, but that`s only me :-) Good luck!
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Yaaaaay someone else who's using DE differently, especially with character builds! Funny that, a poster with that same trail of thought has resigned, another takes his spot :D

Anyway, I think you're better off dropping your AoD & CD Master and add in a second CoB. Maybe remove the talisman from your SS and add in the PoK instead if you're short on points for the second CoB. The PoK is ok on a SS because she doesn't have armour to protect herself against weak attacks that the PoD wouldn't work well against.

I really think you'd benefit from a second CoB because you're running THREE units of WE. Which is REALLY COOL imho, so different, and it's not even a Crone themed army. Three Chariots? That's just awsome :D

Please do try and report, I am very intrigued on how it turns out.

Oh btw, your Lv4 is actually 330pts, not 320pts.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Blackfrost
Shade

Post by Blackfrost »

Thanks for the replies :)

@Norse_Malekith
Yeah, I was thinking of taking another caster but I wanted to see if I could get by with just one (I play Beastmen as well and it's almost mandatory to bring a backup wizard with them so I wanted something different here). Thanks for the suggestion, though.

@Ulquiorra
Best Bleach villian, Period.
Thanks a ton for the positive feedback, man. I'll downgrade to the PoK, then I'll either drop 5 Harpies or reduce the bannerless WE unit to a smaller size....my vote is for less harpies, lol. Harpies, yes?
I love DE chariots. When I played CoS, I wished they were an option in the list. They are soooo good...
I have to convert my Cauldrons since I'm trying to fit everything into one of those handy dandy Army Transports (I'm not in the best of health and my legs are messed up so I want to have an army I can carry around without hurting myself, thus I tend to use alot of plastic conversions in my armies and only one case/box for everything).
Once, I get things together, I will most definitely post some Bat Reps. I've always wanted to do that, too...
It's great to be back at the exalted Druchii.net. Thanks again, guys.
Jbtheslipperking
Executioner

Post by Jbtheslipperking »

A few comments if you wish.
The charriots is also one of my favourites, but only because they are soo cool, not due to mobility. They are accually the slowest unit we got except for COB. The tactical benefit they bring is imidiate hits and clipping ( corner to corner ) together with a spear block with still full effect.

As for the master it is now a very common sight to see the pegasus master with POK ( often called Chuch Norris ). He might very well be the best weapon in the game against warmashines and small units.

Another common combination is the +1 leadership banner in the spear unit with the supreme sorc. This effectively gives you a ld10 general.

I also loves the we. They are great with 8 ed. rules almost always giving them atack due to high I and amazing with Mindrazor from magic or KB from COB.

Would love to heare some results form your games.
Wtf, dragon`s breath is not flamable ?
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Not to mention the Chariot is our toughest and very resilient unit available other than monstrous mounts.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
The virgin forest
Black Guard

Post by The virgin forest »

I like it. I'd dump a unit of spears for 3x5 shades with AHW, and I'd think twice about the master, as I have trouble seeing what he adds to the list :)
Blackfrost
Shade

Post by Blackfrost »

Thanks guys

A redo...

Sup Sorc level 4, Lore of Shadow, Sac Dagger, PoK

DH CoB, BSB

DH CoB

30 Spears, sh, cmd

30 Spears, sh, cmd

20 X-bowmen, sh, mu

5 DR X-bow, mu

5 DR X-bow, mu

5 Harpies

14 WE , cmd, Banner of fire

14 WE, cmd

14 WE, mu

3 Chariots

Leaves me with 6 points. Should I drop the standard and champion from the second WE unit and go for something like Banner of Discipline on a spear block? Perhaps the +1 Movement Banner instead?
"Chuck Norris".....nice, lol. Yeah, 8th changed the rules for certain mounts didn't it? He's an interesting addition to an army. I think I'll give him a shot after a few games.
3 units of shades, eh? I love MSU to death but I think I might need a second block that has a chance for being steadfast. Maybe that's something I'll try out in future though. I added the Master on foot to boost the killing power of a spear block since I can only drop Mindrazor on one unit at a time. I also deal with alot of challenges so he comes in handy when I need to keep an enemy hero/lord from killing my troops. A second Cauldron is definitely a better addition to the list, of course, so I dropped him.

Thanks again for the help, everyone.