2400 Swedish Comp Tournament ( Need feedback on 2 lists)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Banja
Slave (off the Altar)

2400 Swedish Comp Tournament ( Need feedback on 2 lists)

Post by Banja »

So there is a swedish comp tournament coming up and i have spiked it down to 2 list. Since its hard to ask for improvment im just gonna post the two diffrent lists, wich Comp at the same lvl, and ask wich seems better.

The first list is the one i was gonna take, but after finished it i made a revamp to fit in a hydra. The question is how god a hydra can be.

The original list

1 X Dark Elv Chariot 100 p -6

1 X Dark Elv Chariot 100 p -9

1 X Dark Elv Chariot 100 p - 9

1 X RPT 100 -4

1 X RBT 100 -6

core 638 p -28

6 x DR + Xbow + mu = 139 p -5

6 X DR + Xbow + mu = 139 p -7

17 Xbow + mu = 175 p -10

17 Corsairs + mu +banners+shortbows = 185 p -6

20 BG + FC +Murder banners + Soulrender 345p -20

DL + Peg, SDC, Shield, Sword of Ruin, 4reg,
Dragonbane gem, POFH 294 -21

DL + Peg+ SDC +HA +Shield +Whip of agoin +Dragonhelm
Talismans of preservation + TOTS 300 p -28

Lvl 2 Death + TOF +LF 180 p -23

Master + Bsb + Armour of Darkness + Halberd+luckstone
139 p -16

13 Komp 2396 p

Now the one with the hydra

1 X Hydra 175 p -40

1 X RPT 100 -4

1 X RBT 100 -6

core 602 p -19

6 x DR + + mu = 109 p -3

8 X DR + mu+ shield = 151 p -3

17 Xbow + mu = 175 p -10

22 warriors + FC + Banners of swiftness 184- 6

20 BG + FC +Murder banners + Soulrender 345p -20

DL + Dark steed, SDC, Shield, Sword of Ruin, 4reg,
Dragonbane gem, POFH 262 -12

DL + Dark steed+ SDC +HA +Shield +Whip of agoin +Dragonhelm
Talismans of preservation + TOTS 268 p -19

Lvl 2 dark + TOF +LF 180 p -17

Master + Bsb + Armour of Darkness + Halberd+luckstone +ironcures icon
144 p -16

13,2 Komp 2393 p

The diffrence is that mage have to pick Dark, both Dreadlord goes on a Dark steed, one less chariot and the dark riders lose the xbows. Both dreadlords goes in the Big Dark Rider unit for lookout-sirs and to charge around.

Im a bit thorn in this, is the Hydra worth to lose Death magic and the pegasus mount + Shooting with Dark Riders?. Would love new eyes on this
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

whoops double post -.-
Last edited by Samusin on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samusin
Executioner

Post by Samusin »

the 2nd one looks better if you ask me... but the shoting with DR is a must... its possilbe to get that... (first you make both DR units of 7, take the shields away(why you would want that o0) and get rid of 1 RBT... gives you enough points for both peg and shooting (and I think dark works better on most enemys than death does, but is not realy a game changer)
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Banja
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Banja »

Samusin wrote:the 2nd one looks better if you ask me... but the shoting with DR is a must... its possilbe to get that... (first you make both DR units of 7, take the shields away(why you would want that o0) and get rid of 1 RBT... gives you enough points for both peg and shooting (and I think dark works better on most enemys than death does, but is not realy a game changer)

Yeah i should maybe been clearer this is comp so if i want the hydra i cant have Dark Riders armed with Repeater Xbows. The - behind each unit is how much it costs Comp-wise, so if i want the hydra in the second list, thats how its got to be.

The hydra costs 40 Comp, to get that i had to get rid of the pegasus, lore of death, and shooting on Dark Riders, its not so much pointswise but to add the points down to a maximun of 13. As you see two units of DR wich shooting is -12, while two units of DA withouth shooting is -3

Know its strange if you dont know the system so this thread is mostly, is the hydra really worth downgrading to no shooting, no pegriders and no lore of death?.

The reason for the shields on the second list is that both Lords on dark steeds must go in that unit, or else i just get magic missiles and no look out sir. Since they are in that unit they lose Fast Cav Rule.

If it was unrestricted this would have been easy.

I personally feel the first list is better, so is a hydra really that good to downgrade?
Samusin
Executioner

Post by Samusin »

well personaly I don't like lore of death anyway XD but then with all these comp-points thing... lol well then go for the 1st... and consider shadow, that would your cosairs and bg realy like... but try to bump a few more corsairs.. I feel that 17 is a bit on the weak side
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Xuza
Corsair

Post by Xuza »

I kind of like the first list better. The reason for that are the pegs. It gives your list some threats, where as 1 hydra only brings a large bullseye marker. :)
Death also gives you a bit of more threats then dark will. I'm not sure that the comp is correct for the sorceress (-3,-3,-8,-2,-6 = -22), and what does LF stand for? If it's lifetaker it's -3 comp for it aswell.

And the blackguard group costs 335 with that eq, so either you got asf banner or crimson death.

Not sure what your plans are for the DL with the sword of ruin, but I might change that to something more allround.
I also feel that you lack bodies in the list, and you can't really play avoidance since you got 3 chariots. I would drop the corsairs and maybe the armour of darkness on the bsb, that would give you 8 , that would give you 26 spears with shield and fc. which can be ok in cc with support of 2 chartiots.

List with warriors instead of corsairs:

1 X Dark Elv Chariot 100 p - 9

1 X RPT 100 -4

1 X RBT 100 -6

core 638 p -28

6 x DR + Xbow + mu = 139 p -5

6 X DR + Xbow + mu = 139 p -7

17 Xbow + mu = 175 p -10

26 Dark Elves Warriors + Shieds +FC 197pts -8

20 BG + FC +Murder banners + Crimson Death 345p -20