2500 Points with 0 Khaine

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Druchiishootlord
Malekith's Best Friend

2500 Points with 0 Khaine

Post by Druchiishootlord »

Supreme Sorceress: 320
~ Level 4, Focus Familiar, Pendant of Khaeleth, Lore of Metal

Dread Lord: 236
~ Cold One, Sea Dragon Cloak, Crimson Death, Armor of Eternal Servitude

Master: 180
~ BSB, Cold One, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Sword of Might, Dawnstone

x24 Corsairs: 290
~ FC, Sea Serpent Standard

x5 Dark Riders: 117
~ RXB, Musician

~ RXB, Musician

~RXB, Musician

x5 Shades: 80

x5 Shades: 80

Cold One Chariot: 100

Cold One Chariot: 100

x18 Black Guard: 294
~ FC, Banner of Murder

x8 Cold One Knights: 291
~ Full Command, Standard of Hag Graef

Hydra: 175

I wanted to avoid all Khainite units. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with the 2 Chariots. I would like to add another anvil unit, but I guess if I need to the Knights could also do that in the most dire situations. That said I am pretty damn happy with the hammers and support units. A Hydra, a unit of CoK with a few characters as well as 2 Chariots seems to do well enough for me. I'm also not a fan of Harpies really. While they're great at what they do, after reading KillerK's article on Fast Cav, I just don't see a reason to have them in. With the speed of the DR and the presence of multiple Shade units I feel confident in not needing much more shooting.

I am not exactly sure what I want to do with the Sorceress. I like the idea of the Focus Familiar if I need to hide her. I have been putting thoughts into the Tome to ensure I get all of the spells I want, mostly everything but Hounds.

The combat characters are there for the reasons of providing solid leadership and combat ability as well having a survivable BSB.
"Like never before will the weaker race of men tremble before our might."

Lord Yeurl to his captain before a battle in the Old World.

R4V3N wrote:do not question eldacar.

his word is law.
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

hmm I would more like to use tome, and maybe you consider to give these shades adh
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Druchiishootlord
Malekith's Best Friend

I used to have the AHD on the Shades and dropping the Focus Familiar for the Tome would allow me to get them back.

Honestly I do have mild to terrible experience with Wizards of any kind. Having spent all of 7th playing Dwarves and having around 10 total games of 8th, a few with those same Dwarves, I'm shaky as actual equipment for Wizards.

My idea for using Metal Lore is that I pretty much want to guarantee that I get Enchanted Blades, Glittering Robes and Transmutation of Lead. So basically my priority with spells I would like to get are 3, 2, 5, 1, 6, 0, 4. So as you can see I don't even want to use this lore for Final Transmutation, which is a great spells in it's own right.

I know that it doesn't work anywhere close to the same, but with my limited 8th magic experience (TK) I like spells that can buff in a bubble. Hence why Robes is my main priority, as well as the fact it generally is an awesome buff. I really could care less about Enchanted Blades AP effect. I'm going for the +1 to hit and magic attacks. Finally my top 3 main priority spells is concluded with Transmutation to Lead for obvious reasons. Everything else is just of consequence and probably have around a 0% chance of being used if I have the main 3 I want.

I did think about using the Dreadlord with the Whip and the Shield of Ghrond so I could toss him into challenges against tougher foes. For general use I do like the Crimson Death more.

his word is law.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

This list has a lot of power.. But it feels like a Multiple (not) Small (enough) Units. It feels like you kept a middle road between big units and cheap, small units. My own experience with that has been somewhat of a let down, but then... I didn't try it very often at 2.5K.

I would probably have tooled up the three combat units at the cost of some support. ON the other hand.. 18 BGs, a good Corsair unit and chariots.. That's a combo I did use before and quite liked. I too would consider the Tome in this setup and with Lore of Metal who, more than any other Lore in my experience, needs more spells to become more versatile and powerful.

I'd gladly learn how this list performs.. I may be tempted to try it myself or something similar.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Druchiishootlord
Malekith's Best Friend

A thing I did consider was dropping both Chariots for a unit of 24 Spears with the BoEF. I am still up in the air because that takes a lot of the power away from me. The other option I considered was the Hydra an dropping it for a unit of 20 Spears and then finding somewhere to throw those last 23 points. Once more, my concern is that I am losing too much.

The point of so many hard hitting units is to overwhelm the opponent and force them to choose which power units to take out. In truth 18 AP BG, ASF heavy cav, a Hydra and 2 Chariots seems rather daunting. I will try and get a game in the next few days and keep and let you know how it went.

his word is law.