2200points - Competitive list... Perhaps too cheesy

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

2200points - Competitive list... Perhaps too cheesy

Post by Daeron »

I was toying with the idea of making a tournament list around a big unit of CoKs. Then I thought I'd flank it by a Hydra... Then I thought "well.. one will get blasted down by a cannon. How about two?".

This is probably a cheese list, but I'd like to review it never the less. I'm not sure if I'll go down this road yet though.

Lords:
- Supreme Sorceress, Level 4, Dark Pegasus, Pendant of Kaeleth, Dispel Scroll, Black Dragon Egg... Probably using Lore of Death, though considering Lore of Metal.
Heroes:
- Death Hag, Cauldron of Blood
- Master, Cold One, BSB, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, additional hand weapon, Hydra Banner
Core:
- 30 Corsairs, Full Command, Sea Serpent Standard
- 5 DR's, Musician, RxBs
- 5 DR's, Musician
Special:
- 7 Shades, additional handweapon
- 11 Cold One Knights, Standard, Musician, Banner of Murder
Rare:
- Hydra
- Hydra

Doom and Darkness seems like a superb spell to have with this list, but I fear I may lack chaff control or means to fight ethereal creatures. Purple Sun might be devastatingly strong against the armies that bring such creatures though.

On the other hand, Metal would make even my corsairs have a 2+ AS against shooting, potentially protect my shades, DRs and Sorceress. The bonus to hit should help to make sure my attacks reach the target and let the rest of the cheese do their work. The help against armor would make this list pretty much ignore armor all together.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

lol I would be not so happy playing againsti this xD not cuz its so cheesy (I don't realy think its cheesy, but okay, others may think that way) but just since it is difficut to get enough vp to win this lol everything is pretty balanced and making up for the others weaknes (at least in theory :P)
gj
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Pendant, Check
Double Hydra, Check
Hydra Banner BSB in CoK unit, Check
Sacrifical Dagger....

Almost there on the top charts of cheese Daeron! We all like cheese, don't we! :lol:

On a more serious note, the list isn't over the top on the cheese stuff, but I am sure a lot of people will struggle to deal with it. Pendant on a sorceress is quite alright. I think I'd go for a metal sorceress really, but not sure how much I like her in a pegasus like that. I can see the reason for having her on pegasus with death though. With all the armor meta going around these days, a metal sorceress is very nice to have.

I think the thing I'd really would like to add to this list is a unit of harpies or two (Even with the DRs)
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10