2200 turny list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bpack91
Warrior

2200 turny list

Post by Bpack91 »

High Beastmaster
Manticor : Iron Hard Skin
Talasment of preservation
Enchanted Shield

Master
BSB
Dark Pegasus
Cloak of Twilight
HA, Lance, Sea dragon cloak, shield

Sorceress
Lore of heavens
Dispell Scroll

Dredspears x18
Standard

Darkshards x10
Standard
Flame Banner

Dark Riders x5
Shields
Crossbow
Music, Standard

Dark Riders x5
Shields
Crossbow
Music, Standard

Harpies x7

War Hydra

War Hydra

Medusa

Kharbdyss

Kharbdyss

Warlock x5
Olderplayer
Executioner

Re: 2200 turny list

Post by Olderplayer »

This is for Rock Wars I assume. I went a very different route because of the premium on fortitude in controlling table quarters,
What I struggle with is lvl 4 and dreadllord v. Beastmaster on Manit. If you go with the BM, I think with the amount of dwarfs and wood elf armies you will see that the cloak of twilight has to go on the BM. I agree on enchanted shield. I went with more killing ability on the BM to use the D3 wounds and KB on the charge benefit more (at least get one wound through on a multiple wound model). That meant Ogre blade, enchantted shield, luckstone, and cloak. You really want that guy in combat fast and hitting hard and that is limited by only 3 attacks. of the BM, which is kind of underwhelming. Another set up is enchanted shield, dawnstone, cloak and sword of might. The Manti needs the Hard Skin to deal with shooting and stuff being heavily allocated to the Manti.
With this build, I really think that lore of life on a mounted lvl 2 becomes important in recovering wounds on the BM and Manti to keep it fighting. A lot of 8+ to cast spells work with a lvl 2.

I think that the core choices are logical. I am considering witches instead of darkshards for more table control and considered droping music on the dark riders (only really useful when rallying after feigned flight) or simply running 3 dark rider units and one dreadspears. Technically, in a bunkered wizard it might be nice to add standard of discipline and use the swords for the parry insted of the spears but i only have painted up spearmen from my old sac dagger bunker. I debated sac dagger in spears against dispell scroll. With warlocks and a lvl 2, you might struggle to push some spells through and the sac dagger, while more expensive now, will do that.

I like the monster mash theme of this list but fear that you will lose out on fortitude without a combat block of say 21 to 28 execs. You can use the harpies to screen the execs for BS shooting.

Obviously, the master on peg with cloak is a premium piece, so that was one consideration for a dreadlord on steed with the master of peg as the dual fast threats. That means giving up 4 points of comp but for far greater fleixbility because you can get a lvl 4 on foot in the spears with na decent dreadlord and end up with more punch and far less vulnerable to BS shooting and war machines.

I ended up with Sisters instead of Medusa because they combo well with execs, or more easily controlled, have more effective wounds and a ward save in combat, add a banner for fortitde, and can be screened. Then I go with only one or two hydras and drop Kharidyess/ The hydras are really annoying if you cani't get all five wounds on them in one turn because they keep recovering wounds.

Anyway, some thoughs from someone trying to deal with the same issues at the same event.