Balanced Army Composition

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bloodshakes
Corsair

Balanced Army Composition

Post by Bloodshakes »

Hey guys, I'm making a balanced army composition but I need your help. I think I don't have enough anvil for staying power. And what do you think about my compostion now? I used all models I have but i'm willing to buy more at the time. I just need to find out what I should change about this composition to make it better, and what to buy first to make it even more better.
Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas! :)

General
Dreadlord mounted on pegasus

BSB
Master in anvil unit 2

Magic
Supreme Sorceres lvl 4

Anvil unit:
30 corsairs with double handweapons

Anvil unit 2:
no models yet

Hammer 1:
cold one chariot

Hammer 2:
5 cold one knights

Hammer 3:
Kharybdiss

Shooty:
15 darkshards
15 darkshards
1 reaper bolt thrower

Harrasement and tactical
8 shades

Fast
8 darkriders

These are the units I probably want to put in the current army: Black guard, Executioners, 5 cold one knights, 1 reaper bolt thrower.
My favorite unit ATM: Cold One Knights
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Balanced Army Composition

Post by Amboadine »

Quick question. What points level?
Bloodshakes
Corsair

Post by Bloodshakes »

Amboadine wrote:Quick question. What points level?

I think about 2000/2400 points
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Black Guard are expensive, but IMO they're the best anvil unit we have. Win or lose, they WILL hold a combat unit for at least one round, unless your opponent kills the whole unit outright, which is not easy to do. I can't tell you how many times an opponent of mine has charged, or been charged, by a unit of black guard, only to win combat by 4 or 5, I laugh and say "unbreakable", and then the next turn they get flank charged by a horde of witch elves with a cauldron and hag (or two). That very trick won me a tourney a few weeks ago.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Bloodshakes
Corsair

Post by Bloodshakes »

direweasel wrote:Black Guard are expensive, but IMO they're the best anvil unit we have. Win or lose, they WILL hold a combat unit for at least one round, unless your opponent kills the whole unit outright, which is not easy to do. I can't tell you how many times an opponent of mine has charged, or been charged, by a unit of black guard, only to win combat by 4 or 5, I laugh and say "unbreakable", and then the next turn they get flank charged by a horde of witch elves with a cauldron and hag (or two). That very trick won me a tourney a few weeks ago.

Nice tactic! I think I gonna try that together with a unit of executioners instead of with elves. So the Black Guard would be a good first addition to my current army right?
Liquidedust
Highborn

Post by Liquidedust »

direweasel wrote:Black Guard are expensive, but IMO they're the best anvil unit we have. Win or lose, they WILL hold a combat unit for at least one round, unless your opponent kills the whole unit outright, which is not easy to do. I can't tell you how many times an opponent of mine has charged, or been charged, by a unit of black guard, only to win combat by 4 or 5, I laugh and say "unbreakable", and then the next turn they get flank charged by a horde of witch elves with a cauldron and hag (or two). That very trick won me a tourney a few weeks ago.

180 points for Kouran is a bit much at certain point levels to make them unbreakable however, he isn't really viable until 2.4/2.5k.

My Hobby Thread

Stats since I started playing again in 2013
W/L/D
Total: 16/21/1
vs. Demons: 0/2/0
vs. Dwarfs: 1/2/0
vs. Empire: 2/4/0
vs. High Elves: 0/4/0
vs. Lizardmen: 3/0/0
vs. Orcs & Goblins: 3/0/1
vs. Ogres: 1/0/0
vs. Skaven: 4/4/0
vs. Tomb Kings: 0/1/0
vs. Warriors of Chaos: 0/3/0
vs. Wood Elves: 2/1/0
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Did I use the wrong term? I don't take Kouran, so it's whatever normal Black Guard are.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360