1500 cavalry for optimalisation

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

El hombre
Executioner

1500 cavalry for optimalisation

Post by El hombre »

All,

had this list quickly written up, and surprisingly it worked out rather well; got a victory in both of my games this afternoon (O&G and Empire). So I put it up for optimalisation... atm it sets at 1499pts.

LORDS 315pts
Sup Sorc Lvl4 Dark Magic, dispell scroll, Ring of Hotek, dark steed

HEROES 344pts
Master on Dark Steed, BSB, 1+AS, Ring of Endurance (5++), charmed shield
Master on Dark Pegasus, 1+AS, lance, Cloak of Twilight

CORE 380 pts
6 dark riders, xbows, shields, muso
6 dark riders, xbows, shields, muso
5 dark riders, xbows, shields, muso, herald

SPECIAL 210pts
3xRBT

RARE 250pts
10 Warlocks

Sorceress and BSB go with the warlocks. Everything exept for the RBTs are mounted and fast cav, so it's mostly moving around, staying out of charge angles and shooting/casting the hell out of the opponent.

A remarks I had was the BSB could drop the charmed shield (since he is in a unit anyway and I'm not planning on charging with them, unless in sure-winn fights) and the lance (same reason) to free up some points (for xbows on the masters?)

any other remarks? I think I'll suffer against gunlines, but I can't think of a remedy for that...
From the ashes a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken
the crownless again shall be king.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 1500 cavalry for optimalisation

Post by Thraundil »

Unless you plan to flee a lot, you can skip the musicians and champ on the dark riders (unless they are there to optimise the minimum core req.).

You already have a good solve vs gunlines. Word of pain neuters BS shooters, and black horror autokills war machines. Utilise terrain to the max. Wood elves will give you a very hard time, of course, but honestly woodies sort of brutally counters the other two elf races so I wouldnt even worry too much about that...

Otherwise, another good option for your lvl 4 is the lore of death. Here is a short list of races against whom a mobile purple sun is a huge step towards a dominant magic phase, since they FEAR the purple sun: daemons of chaos, lizardmen, orcs and goblins, ogre kingdoms, tomb kings and certain vampire or empire setups. Oh, and dwarves will suffer too, although they can destroy the spell.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.