Project Supremecy

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Mielkith
Assassin

Project Supremecy

Post by Mielkith »

This is something that has been thrown back and forth about the SoC community. The Skaven beneath the Ulricsburg have apparantly built a "Doom Hemisphere" that can destroy Middenheim.

From what I gather they will use it to burrow into the ground and somehow subject Middenheim to a Volcanic Eruption.

The Under -Empire has had alot of influence in the fluff. Gyrocopter ratling guns, Ulrics thunder being mutated are the obviouse ones. It has now been named in the Journal, so it is definatly happening. But how far will it go?

I imagine alot of people will be extremly pissed off if Middenheim is ruined after the defenders destroyed all the opposition, to be defeated because of someones fluff.

Your thoughts on the matter please, I am not sure what to make of it.
Helspanth
Slave on the Altar

Post by Helspanth »

Hmm while getting feedback and fluff from the community is nice I don't think that GW will do this.
Many players will be sorely disappointed should this happen,and justly so.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

It should at least do SOMETHING. The Skaven players have been working incessantly to get this stupid thing up and running and now they have finally gotten it recognized by Gav. Then again, I'm not saying I support the destruction of Middenheim by a single races weapon which couldnt even be countered because every last vestige of resistance was spent fighting at the walls of the greatest city in the old world against one of the greatest armies ever seen.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

im more concerned about what does it do and if we should be concerned about our own cities haveing this device used on them but what would be even better if we took the decive and used it on high elfs :twisted:
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Its Skaven. The rats will probably blow themselves up as well. As any good Druchii, I like nothing better than to see them kill each other off... its amusing. Not like I care though anyway. ;)
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Mime
Black Guard

Post by Mime »

Just goes to show how far the fluff will carry you, Skaven managed to get themselves a Nuke.

Mike
Whip me, beat me, bash me, crash me, throw me against the wall, oh ah baby I love it when you treat me rough!!!
Whiteboypolka
Beastmaster

Post by Whiteboypolka »

Thats one thing we dark elves could have done better. One problem is that the lizzies wer eposting more fluff than us in the subcampaign, so though the results are equal, that had a negative impact on our race's .... storyline for th einvasion. so instead of, oh well, the storm is over, we got lots of booty (yar har) we ended up being cut off and sent into in=gnomious retreat.

but to return to the main point, I have mixed feelings about project SUpremacy. I feel that this is a reasonable way to get the result evil wants, hoever on the other hand.... the only way to justify this is if the under-empire is ruined all over the old worlkd, such as being flooded by the resulting magma, and frying most of the skaven culture, which the skaven players most definitely won't like. therefore, the only thing that can haopen that will satisfy the most people, is if the DOOM HEMISPHERE blows uyp mioments before completion and demolishes the temple at the heart of middenheim, orit blows a hole in the wall (possibly skaven wins going all ionto one section at once, from the construction of the emisphere?)

most other results and players will be left feeling gipped
Stop me if you've heard this one...

hyetemplar wrote:i mean its pretty clear at least in my eyes khaine is a 2 timing wh0r3

(Starts running away from Naggaroth)
Fireblade
Warrior

Post by Fireblade »

what if the doom hemisphere extiguishes the flame in the temple of ulric. What if it makes the entire rock colapse on the army of Karl Franz and Valten. We will know it on the end of the week.
I hope the druchii don't think they can stand a chance against the combined power of the high elf provinces.
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

like most of these things, i get the feeling that this idea will just fizzle out, and come to nothing. plus, it would be very unfair on the defenders if they had fough so hard to defend their city, only to have it destroyed by skaven (which i hate ;) )
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Mutator
Black Guard

Take it easy guys

Post by Mutator »

The skaven perspective:

The Project Supremacy fluff achieves 3 main objectives:

(i) Provided a coherent 'hook' for one thrust of our fluff efforts

(ii) Provided a means for the skaven to write their own exit from this campaign, rather than settle for the default FoD offerings of Gav and co (you know our odds of misfires and, if you have read the fluff-piece issued by the Underempire, you would know the consequences of a Doom Hemisphere misfire...)

(iii) Almost as an aside, we have provided a story means of allowing GW to have certain pre-scripted destructive events happen in Middenheim which the unexpectedly poor results of the FoD had otherwise rendered invalid... and if Gav was to take advantage of some fluff we left lying around then it aint our fault ;)

I am always interested to see that people focus on Point (iii) rather than the far more important Points (i) and (ii) - and yes folks, they are listed in order of priority.

Mutator
Underempire Co13
(aka Grey Seer Skitso, Lord of Zundap :P)
Strength in Numbers: visit Underempire.net
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

If the Skaven succeed, I will be furious. So what if they posted a bunch of fluff. I don't care - the defenders had a crushing victory, and losing to something they had no control of is unfair. I would say the same thing if the situation was reversed and our side lost.

Gav says its because they put a bunch of fluff on the board so they deserve all the mentioning - so what? THere are thousands of fluff posts on the defender battle report forum too, with all of their exploits - why should it be any different? I am all for getting people mentioned in the fluff, but Gav can kiss my butt if that fluff costs us the campaign.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Anthrax
Corsair

Post by Anthrax »

/me hands the cranky elf in a skirt with his nickers in a bunch a wawwy pop

I agree with you, but if this thing blows middenheim sky high and it lands on Ulthuan, I will be a happy man. Fair Schmair, long as it involved people wailing on High Elves, it is O.K.A.Y. by me =]
Mutator
Black Guard

Post by Mutator »

Methinks there are more than a few people who havent even *read* the fluff article "Project Supremacy Unleashed"... and they are the ones crying foul.

The ones who *have* read it all seem to mention 'Wile E Coyote'... ;)
Strength in Numbers: visit Underempire.net
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

we read it mutator, and we still dont like it. i think it is the biggest pile of manuer (no offence to the writers of course) this side of ratlingguns! it just doesnt fit into fantasy battles at all.
Acceptance
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Acceptance »

well I've read the story and the final update, and I can tell you that the chances are rather high that the thing wil "misfire" (this of course will not mean that there will be no destruction)

Furthermore I've to say that theire story's are good and nice to read and in contradiction to manny other storry's they have open endings, wich means that GW can do with it what they want. (help them or destroy them).

And why should only battel result have to count, Isn't creativity a part of the hobby. It is not that the good side wasn't allowed to post there story's it is just that the underempire did it on a better thought out way.

And yes I think the good guy's should and will win. They have te most players so GW will apease more players if they win and that is also the reason why it is a good thing that the side with the most players has the biggest chance of winning

(sorry for my bad Englisch but the spelling corrector is not installed on this pc :( )
Everybody who lives dies, not everybody who dies has lived.
Malagoth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Malagoth »

Ok, GW probably had it scripted in that somethingwas going to happen to Middenheim, be it rampaging Chaos hordes or a warpstone bomb under the city. However, I don't think any of the forces of good need to worry as the device won't take out the whole city, but I think it willcause some serious destruction...Hey! What if that dork that was on the daemon standard gets possessed, opens a portal and brings Archaon to Middenheim to walk through the flame and the Skaven detonate their device at that exact moment and actually end up savingthe Flame of Ulric??? :shock: Oh, how skaveny is that?!?!?!? :twisted: Get ready, I bet it's going to happen... ;)

Malagoth
'Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts!'
-Londo Malari-Centauri Ambassador to Babylon 5
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

What if that dork that was on the daemon standard

DORK!!!!! How can you call Volkmar the Grim a dork!!!!!! Its an out rage I tell you.

I don't think he will be possesd, he is strong of mind.
I have read the storys on the unde-empire (partly because one of the writers kept nagging me to do so). To be really honest, they didn't keep my interest for very long, but they are better then I could do.

I like how they haev left it open ended, it could go very badly for Skaven indeed. But Gav knows this aswell, and could reward them for it.

I have also read the storys on Zundap, those storys seem very un-likely to come true.
Wolfblade
Corsair

Post by Wolfblade »

We skaven just fought further then normal battles. And we succeed in the part of Fluff. Its NOT true the defenders couldn't handle that. If they wanted to win the fluff war with us they just had to post more stories then us about empire and dwarf patrols killin skaven in the sewers. But they didn't so we succeed.
Whiteboypolka
Beastmaster

Post by Whiteboypolka »

I can't find the article "project supremacy unleashed" can comeone provide a link? thanks
Stop me if you've heard this one...

hyetemplar wrote:i mean its pretty clear at least in my eyes khaine is a 2 timing wh0r3

(Starts running away from Naggaroth)
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

WolfBlade wrote:If they wanted to win the fluff war with us they just had to post more stories then us about empire and dwarf patrols killin skaven in the sewers. But they didn't so we succeed.

Hmmm, and here's me thinking that the summer campaign was about playing games of Warhammer Fantasy Battle. If I had known it was actually a literary contest and the person who wrote the biggest pile of horse s**t would win the campaign for their side, I might have had a stab at it myself.

As an ex-Skaven player, I can see how this idea may have come around. However, I think that it is an extremely stupid idea and just another nail in the coffin of the WFB fluff when Gav accepted it into the storyline. The Defenders won by winning more games of WFB, which is how it should be. If the results are changed at all due to this drivel then I shall be extremely annoyed and probably extend my purchasing boycott of GW products to cover even second hand and relative-bought items, for an indefinate period. I just simply hate how they are going with this game and putting this crap into the (already boring and nonsensicle) storyline does nothing for the system.

By the way, I was an Attacker in the campaign and all of the above is purely imho ;)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

applauds alex c and agrees 100% with him.

the campaign was about fighint warhammer not writing stories. so comming up with this drivel about a nuke hidden under the city is just pure i wont use the word but you all know what i mean. this isnt a roleplaying game it is a strategy game, with clearly laid out rules.
Criti
Executioner

Post by Criti »

Hey, Skaven aren't the only ones who worked hard on Project Supremacy. The Defenders kicked it up a notch and wrote an elaborate counter story (that was also recognized by Gav - remember his comment about an expedition of Men, Dwarf, Elf, and Halfling? That was us!) . Hell, my High Elf general even sacrificed himself in our combined effort to hold back Project Supremacy!
Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And the red dawn!
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

He died, yeah skaven(applauds skaven). Now lets get back to bussnis(graps repeater crossbow and start shooting skaven).
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Vogon
Highborn

Post by Vogon »

WhiteBoyPolka wrote:I can't find the article "project supremacy unleashed" can comeone provide a link? thanks

I too have not yet read the project supremacy thing a link would be greatly appreciated.

For the record I am in two minds about it. On the one hand if it comes off it would be a shame for all the defenders who have worked hard to repell the invaders but on the other hand it's SO Skaven it'd be fun to see what happens if they manage to get it to work.

Anyway have fun, after all that's what the game is meant to be about

Vogon
Now choose either die in the vacuum of space or...........
Tell me how good you thought my poem was.

**Make Tea Not War**
Wolfblade
Corsair

Post by Wolfblade »

Allrigt listin. We warhammer players are warhammer. Its our world, as we as skaven want to try to attack Middenheim from beneath, then thats our plan. And with enough stories about digging, killing en running in the sewers we told Gav what we were doing. After 10 days in the campaign I knew the Attackers would not win. The Defender were with TO much, the attackers didn't stand a chance. So we made our own plan.

We don't have to be Guided in our own wordl by Gav. We must tell him what our races want to do, and what they do. We are the fluff makers, cuz we are the skaven (our elfs :P, I play both so)