Latest Black Gobbo

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Latest Black Gobbo

Post by Mtucache »

Well, with just days to go until the official locking of this forum (and the progressive next step of the D.net community into a self-made campaign), GW has released what must be the best Black Gobbo yet.

For those not familiar with the publication.... check it out.

Not only is there a promising campaign (including maps and detailed player instructions), there's also a complete stastical analysis of the SoC campaign.

My favorite part? The nod to the Dark Elves:
"With so many Chaos wins, what went wrong? Well, without the guaranteed support of the Orcs, the Chaos list of allies was pretty thin. Sure, the Dark Elves pulled their own weight (and then some), but the rest just couldn't compete with Empire allies like the High Elves, Lizardmen, Dwarfs, and Bretonnians. Not that I want to sow the seeds of dissent in the ranks of the Attackers, but the Beasts of Chaos, Vampire Counts, and Skaven ended up pretty low on the list.

Nice job Druchii.net. ;)
Slickster
Beastmaster

Post by Slickster »

woow, thats great.
ive never bought the BG before, can it be bought at GW?
Woman;
"Can't live with them, can't have hetero sex without them."
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Free at their web site. Its an online publication.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Click on the link in my post... it's a free e-zine the US-Web team has been puttting out for the last year or so.

Typically it's just a dissapointing stew of 40k and terrain junk, but every once in a while they come up with a real gem, like the current issue (#23).
Endian
Grand Master of the Black Guard

Post by Endian »

What i found annoying during the SoC campaign was that the black gobbo team had made so much SoC material and the GW UK site didnt l;ink to any of it, they just left all of the links on their hobby page as txt even tho all the stuff was there!
Only left handed ppl are in their right minds!
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

I really, really wish they'd publish it in PDF format so those of us with a poxy dialup connection can read it offline....

Otherwise, BG is usually a good read (despite the 40K overkill that seems to be a feature of most GW efforts these days).

Always good conversion ideas in BG. Pity WD doesn't have those - but then I guess WD is more of a catalogue than a magazine these days. (nothing wrong with that in itself though)

I love the SoC analysis in this BG though - it far surpasses the WD stuff I've seen so far - if only because you have an at-a-glance overview of the whole thing.
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warh ... battle.htm

I am in there too. The last pic, bottom right. I am white shirtted, and getting my dice out. What did I tell you guys about the giant battle I was playing in?