Druchii Net Campaign : Q&A

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

langmann wrote:
Jhaelrnya wrote:You said feel free to amke all the factions you wish. Where do we make these? In this forum? Like post up a call to arms or a ramble on what your faction stands for, and have people apply there? Or what?

When you enter a battlereport using the batrep form there is a comments section for that.

Ok. But wehre do we actually amke the factions? Where do we "recruit" followers? Do we just mention something in our signatures or something?

Such as "Post for the _______ to keep/change Naggoroth!"
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Yes. And as far as recruiting followers, we are leaving that up to you guys to figure out, because you're smart. :)
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

J: I don't think all the factions will have a substancial impact on the campaign, but if you can get enough people to tell they are fighting on a special side it might influence the result. I don't think it matter how you get them to write that in the comments section, but I doubt the admins of Druchii.net will create any special forums or similar for that.

- Nag
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Alright, cool. I just didn't want to ost a recruitment thread up and have it locked as it was in wrong place. Kind of a bad start for a faction, wouldn't you think?
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Jhaelrnya wrote:Alright, cool. I just didn't want to ost a recruitment thread up and have it locked as it was in wrong place. Kind of a bad start for a faction, wouldn't you think?

Beat down right away. ;)

Feel free to start any faction threads here. However your enemies can read them but there are ways around that... :)
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Element6609
Black Guard

Post by Element6609 »

So you can't really help this campaign if you play someone and they don't post it in there email account. Man I'm screwed, because all the people that I know are to lazy to report the battle.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

element6609 wrote:So you can't really help this campaign if you play someone and they don't post it in there email account. Man I'm screwed, because all the people that I know are to lazy to report the battle.

You can still help but it won't count for as much. But it still counts.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

OK, I just want to clarify something. It kinda got touched on earlier, but didn't really address my problem outright. Here goes:

I have been having some success drumming up support among the local gaming crowd that I play with once or twice a week. People sound interested and a few are even willing to enter battle reports and such. Some are even offering to help me with my ideas for campaign specific scenarios (yes!! Siege of Arnheim!!) BUT, some who are interested are playing armies that are not currently in the fluff or are not listed as an option in the drop down lists on the website batrep form. Which brings me to my question - if the armies are not listed can they fight as a proxy or merc force? I.E. if a group of, say, Empire troops chooses to fight with the Dwarves in the Underway can they enter their army choice as Dwarf? Can a Beastman army fight as Slaanesh in the north? Can Brettonians defend Arnheim? Can the VC help me destroy Arnheim? :twisted: You get the idea.

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I didn't see it. Thanks.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

General Kala wrote:OK, I just want to clarify something. It kinda got touched on earlier, but didn't really address my problem outright. Here goes:

I have been having some success drumming up support among the local gaming crowd that I play with once or twice a week. People sound interested and a few are even willing to enter battle reports and such. Some are even offering to help me with my ideas for campaign specific scenarios (yes!! Siege of Arnheim!!) BUT, some who are interested are playing armies that are not currently in the fluff or are not listed as an option in the drop down lists on the website batrep form. Which brings me to my question - if the armies are not listed can they fight as a proxy or merc force? I.E. if a group of, say, Empire troops chooses to fight with the Dwarves in the Underway can they enter their army choice as Dwarf? Can a Beastman army fight as Slaanesh in the north? Can Brettonians defend Arnheim? Can the VC help me destroy Arnheim? :twisted: You get the idea.

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I didn't see it. Thanks.

You can pretty much do whatever you want, but it will only allow certain armies to enter their wins for particular places. So if the VC guy is posting a win in Arnhelm then he can only enter himself as a HE or DE player. I guess he'd be behaving like a merc.

To preserve the fluff of the campaign, it is much better to play where your race is supposed to come in, he can post in the Southern Reaches against quite a variety of opponents. That way he can claim ultimate victory when the VC kill everyone there!
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

I'm going to try to have everyone keep to their army's roles whenever possible. I am also going to try to make sure that there is at least one army on each side in any group games that I organize that correspond to the correct factions. I just didn't want to exclude anyone from the fun. I will be sure to point this out and have everyone make notes in their campaign battle reports.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

This is F A N T A S T I C!

ok, i'm offering today to translate all the material in italian (also i've signaled the campaign on gw italian forum and many druchii are ready to waste their blood for both the sides!), many of my country-mate have difficult with english, here i came with my useless skill:

i'm offering now to translate all the info and instruction in italian if nonelse is doing this

tell me if my offering is useful!

:-)

you are great guys!
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

sugacapra wrote:This is F A N T A S T I C!

ok, i'm offering today to translate all the material in italian (also i've signaled the campaign on gw italian forum and many druchii are ready to waste their blood for both the sides!), many of my country-mate have difficult with english, here i came with my useless skill:

i'm offering now to translate all the info and instruction in italian if nonelse is doing this

tell me if my offering is useful!

:-)

you are great guys!

It is very useful. Please contact Underway or jeffleong13 about it.
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

some questions on campaign datas:

ToK list:
1- does the potion have "ONE USE ONLY" , i think so but is not written directly, this can open discussions, so pls if is one use why not write to it? :-)

2- does both Assassin and Hag Queens can join sanguine bride of Khaine or only Assassin can (as written on bride desc.) cause the "Devotee of Khaine" rules told that Queens can...

on both ghrond scenarios
- i wasn't able to see the images of battlefield placement, i receive an error that told me that i'm not authorized,please can you check if it's permission are too restrictive?

on Karond Kar
- does the imperials mage pay 20 pts for the slaanesh mark or have it for free?
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

sugacapra wrote: ToK list:
1- does the potion have "ONE USE ONLY" , i think so but is not written directly, this can open discussions, so pls if is one use why not write to it? :-)

2- does both Assassin and Hag Queens can join sanguine bride of Khaine or only Assassin can (as written on bride desc.) cause the "Devotee of Khaine" rules told that Queens can...

These I can answer, and it looks like it may even be worth while to put up a ToK list Q&A sooner than we wanted to.

1. It should say one use only.

2. Only assassin can join that unit.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

These people are authorized to answer ToK list questions:

Vorchild, jeffleong13, AloneAndBurned, Igyad. (If there is anyone else please mention it.)

I will work on putting the scenario maps up on the site directly. Sorry for that problem.
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

langmann wrote:These people are authorized to answer ToK list questions:

Vorchild, jeffleong13, AloneAndBurned, Igyad. (If there is anyone else please mention it.)

I will work on putting the scenario maps up on the site directly. Sorry for that problem.

thanks, all ok now!
Aki asura
Beastmaster

Post by Aki asura »

Okay, can I use hotmail? Also, I'll be playing against my brother at home and obviously we have the same phone number. Different email and I can always put him on the phone for you guys. Not a problem.

I'll be loaning him my Druchii and playing as Vampire Counts. Where do we post "fluffy" battles? Where can I get the ToK list? Will certain scenarios do more (like if he raids me)?
Also, can I use the Slyvan Defense list?
Do you envy me, General?
No, i do not.
You will fear me one day
-Raistlin majere
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Look on the site - the ToK list is there ... please tell us what you think of the list.

J
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Aki Asura wrote:Okay, can I use hotmail? Also, I'll be playing against my brother at home and obviously we have the same phone number. Different email and I can always put him on the phone for you guys. Not a problem.

I'll be loaning him my Druchii and playing as Vampire Counts. Where do we post "fluffy" battles? Where can I get the ToK list? Will certain scenarios do more (like if he raids me)?
Also, can I use the Slyvan Defense list?

Fluffy battles could be posted in the bat reps forum to give the CMs more fluff to work with.
Scenarios can (at least should) be found on the site. They are custom-made for this campaign.
The ToK list is also on the site.

- Nag
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but....

Does the size of the battle count?

The reason why I'm asking is of course for the reason of logistics. Would it be better to play 1 large battle or 4 small ones. Currently, it seems that you could run 4 500 point games in the same time frame as a 2000 point, and have it count 4 times as much. I was just wondering if playing a 4000 point game had any additional effect if you posted it under comments or if it counted the same. Thanks.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Onyx Paladin wrote:I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but....

The reason why I'm asking is of course for the reason of logistics. Would it be better to play 1 large battle or 4 small ones. Currently, it seems that you could run 4 500 point games in the same time frame as a 2000 point, and have it count 4 times as much. I was just wondering if playing a 4000 point game had any additional effect if you posted it under comments or if it counted the same. Thanks.
It might have some impact of the campaign, but only might...

- Nag
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Onyx Paladin wrote:I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but....

Size does not matter. (Where have I heard that before? ;) ) Reason is because sometimes a small battle can have extremely large implications. Also some people only have so many models and money and I still want them to feel just as important. If you have it in you to play 4 500 pointers go ahead. Its a lot of work though!

Also note Warmaster and Warbands are both eligible in the campaign.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

So are hotmail (and for that matter, gmail) accounts allowed or do you have to use a Yahoo account?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Hotmail works.

- Nag
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

So for that matter, will Gmail work too, since it's like Hotmail?