Bring Me Heroes ...

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Bring Me Heroes ...

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Ok ... any good story needs good characters ... so here's what I need:

1. Character names. I figure we need the following major characters for each side ... also open to suggestions:
--- ToK: High Priestess, Priestess, Assassin
--- CoP: Annointed, High Sorceress, Sorceress, Noble
--- Slaver List: Master of the Black Ark, Captain of Black Ark, and the Black Ark itself
--- Normal DE: Highborn, Beastmaster, Capt of Black Guard
--- High Elves: Prince of Arnheim, Commander, Shadow Warrior
--- Chaos Slaanesh: Exalted Champion, Exalted Daemon

2. Basic profile (narrative): Essentially, who is this person, why do they do what they do, what is their special ability/skill. Keep it short - 3-4 sentences max.

NOTE: No rules/stats/points at this time - this is a fluff exercise only at this point.
IMPORTANT: These characters may or may not survive the campaign - they are the "Red Shirts" (Star Trek version) for the campaign. Just don't give me your favorite general if you mind him being killed.

If it looks like a character is distinguishing themself, we may look at rules for them at a later date.

Thanks,
Jeff
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Jeff, sorry to say but as for the ToK Highpriestess I'll advise you to talk to DarkPrincess. There is one character in progress actually. It was meant for the former ToK list but if you want to use it, it's very good actually.

As for the others, I think I'll give a try.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Sounds good - really just looking for names right now. Don't want stats or rules ...

DarkPrincess? What do you have?

J
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Well as for people who *aren't* expendable:

Prince Enthardon Alar, son of Alith Anar - commander of the shadow warrior forces in Arnhelm, just returning from fighting in the SoC (in which Enthardon was in the official fluff :D )

You can kill these two off :

Arnhelm - Prince Therafas, the noble of house Aramas - the dominant merchant house in Arnhelm. As such, he is considered the de facto ruler of the colony.

Captain Ilitar - Captain of the first forces arriving from Ulthuan, he hails from Saphery and belongs to the forces of Elthair Minithair of Saphery (who will be arriving later, but also can't be killed)
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Enthardon wrote:Well as for people who *aren't* expendable:

Prince Enthardon Alar, son of Alith Anar - commander of the shadow warrior forces in Arnhelm, just returning from fighting in the SoC (in which Enthardon was in the official fluff :D )

You can kill these two off :

Arnhelm - Prince Therafas, the noble of house Aramas - the dominant merchant house in Arnhelm. As such, he is considered the de facto ruler of the colony.

Captain Ilitar - Captain of the first forces arriving from Ulthuan, he hails from Saphery and belongs to the forces of Elthair Minithair of Saphery (who will be arriving later, but also can't be killed)

Cool - and a good distinction.

Thanks,
J
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Sounds good - really just looking for names right now. Don't want stats or rules ...

DarkPrincess? What do you have?

J

I'll tell you. She's Tiamehk. The story is somehow... er... longer ;) But I think we can sum it up. She was created to be Lonicera's (CoP High Sorceress) counterpart of the ToK :)
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I will need senior characters for each faction that we don't mind ... dying. It seems to be more dramatic that way.

J
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

It's a matter of asking really. But DarkPrincess can inform you better, she's inside the character :)
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I referred her to this post ...

J
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Slavers:

Master of the Black Ark: Lord Jarlith Weaponblack - finances slaving expeditions from Clar Karond and is well respected in that community, however a mid ranged noble, quickly on the rise. Very ruthless and very paranoid about his stature in society.

Captain of the Black Ark: Commander Kaladen Merder, ruthless captian, who has distinguished himself in numerous raids and attacks. Most notably the recent killing of a Lizardman Seabeast off the coast of Lustria during the SoC.

Black Ark: Fortress of Sadistic Pleasure - once a keep guarding the western approaches to the Nagrathye realms it was torn out of the bedrock during the sundering. This relativly small keep is characterized by the large forcastle that allow many Reaper Boltthrower and crew to fire upon enemy vessels. It holds only a few areas for large monsters (no seamonsters) and does not contain a Temple to Khaine.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Lonicera is already fairly well-established here as Morathi's right-hand High Sorceress and effectively second-in-command (after Lady M herself) of the main CoP army (the individual cabals in each of the six great cities may well have their own military heirarchy, but Lonicera would essentially have overall command. Given the fact that she is pretty much an official Druchii.net character now, having had her rules and fluff published in the monthly, she's not really expendable though, (I still have big fluff plans for her in the future), but I can certainly provide you with a few red-shirts (the Star Trek fans among you will understand that reference) from the various cabals.

For the Khainists, the character Tiamehk, who was created by Shadowlance, could be either a Hag Queen or High Priestess of Khaine. The character is getting to be well-developed now and would make a good subcommander to Hellebron. Again she's not really arrow-fodder here, as the character has to much future fluff potential to squander her too easily.

I will now begin preparing a few names for you of characters who can be killed off in order to provide drama, without jepoardising future fluff articles...
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

(Just a Q, REd shirt are those guys that appear in the movies/series and that die all the time?)
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Anaryin wrote:(Just a Q, REd shirt are those guys that appear in the movies/series and that die all the time?)

yeah thats right - it's become a bit of a standing joke, especially in the original series - every time you see a new face wearing a red shirt, they'd never make it to the end of the show.
The Dark Princess

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Here's a few characters that you may freely slaughter in whatever foul and depraved manner you see fit :)

Dhearanna Vathiri

High Sorceress of the Sam'aan - the pleasure cabal based in Clar Karond. Formed mostly from the descendents of the followers of the ancient Cult of the Serpent Lord, this cabal tends to be distrusted by other Slaaneshis due to the cult's roots in the worship of Khaine, in his aspect of the Serpent Lord, and by the Khainists due to the cult's long association with the Cult of Pleasure. Sam'aan cultists are experts at inflicting pain - on themselves as well as their enemies. Their practices are dark and dangerous - possibly more so than those of other Slaanesh worshippers, and many of their number are known to indulge in masochism and even self-mutilation in order to gain the favour of the Dark Prince. After the Sundering , most of the surviving members of this cult fled Ulthuan and were among the founders of Clar Karond, where they have remained, albeit as a secretive underground cult, ever since.

(from an article I am currently preparing for a future Monthly, detailing the various cabals of the Cult of Pleasure throughout Naggaroth)

I also have an Anoited (is this "Anoited" or "Anointed" ? - I may have misspelled it in the September Monthly...) that may be killed off if you like;

Veloran Erathai
Druchii Anointed

No real fluff for this guy, but he'll make good toast :twisted:

Marnei Sarelle
Priestess of Khaine

Serves the Citadel Temple in Ghrond. I can see her on the receiving end of a bunch of Devoted some day...

More to come...
The Dark Princess

Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

As for a Chaos Exalted Champion you can always name him after my former character: Arganoth Hurghar. He was a vampire actually, but I think the name fits a chaos worshipper better. As for Fluff:

A Sadistic Marienburger, Arganoth was captured in a Barbarian Raid, along with his troops. As his men were tortured, instead of begging for mercy, as any human would, he laughed and incited the Chaos Followers to proceed. Impressed by the human's cruel and sadistic nature, almost rivalling his own, the leader of the tribe allowed him to serve him as his soldier.

Exalted Deamon - Urik'Tharin'ahk

As Magnus the Pious, along with the Asur, fought back and won over the Chaos armies, one general of Slaanesh, trapped in a keep, being the last man of an entire army, honoured his god by alone opening the doors of the keep and charging the troops that layed siege upon it. With every cut and bruise he would cheer, sending even more souls after souls of helpless humans to the Dark Prince. Eventually, he succumbed to the sheer weight of numbers, not before he decimated hundreds of warriors. While his body laid on the battlefield, the Dark Prince rewarded him with a second chance, a chance he would use to take revenge upon his killers and offer their souls to Slaanesh

Feel free to rip them off..
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Great - thanks.

One note ... anyone directly involved in battles has the opportunity to be slain.

Also, should one side be winning quite convincingly over the other, we may need to readdress the longevity of certain "longstanding" characters. I am not necessarily saying that I want to kill them off, but some may be driven out (which could make quite interesting fluff in and of itself).

To that end, I will also put forward my personal DE/Slaanesh/Chaos general - Kuulgyre - as a character. We'll see if he makes it ... but then that depends on our players, doesn't it?

J
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

I'd love to put my Anaryin in it but it's too... how can I say, risky :lol: I sure want him to survive the war. :mrgreen: Well, when I have time and I'm in the mood I'll start the fluff on him and then I'll include a small trip during the F&B war :D That way he gets in and he lives on :D
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

jeffleong13 wrote:anyone directly involved in battles has the opportunity to be slain.
Nice choice of words :mrgreen:

I could put Loremaster Nagthi in here, but he is almost as "D.net Official" as Lonicera, which would make it too risky. I'm leaving him out of the direct fluff. I have no other ideas for characters.

- Nag
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

One thing to remember ... many of the notable characters in the game today do not, in fact, still exist. There are plenty of opportunities for a character to obtain even more reknown after their death ... and there are always children/converts to take their place.

J
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

I just posted two more battles - one of which I had one of the above mentioend killable characters killed - Shandiar Aminaith, Loremaster of Artifacts.

Shandiar is a mage and was dispatched by the military commanders to attempt to one by one remove the wards of the Wrath gates at her entrances into Naggaroth. I won't retype everything I put into the battle report, but basically a shade lord (represented by an assassin) killed the mage and his swordmaster guard but Enthardon whiped out the shades and the assassin in response (thats what happened on the tabletop).

Shandiar was native to Arnhelm and was an up and coming Loremaster before his death.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Cool - I will make sure that it goes into the next report.

Thanks -
J