Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Kala sends a present to the Asur

Post by General kala »

The night was quiet in the valley. The stars were a spectacular display in the velvet blue background behind the Blackspines. A peaceful song from the strings of an Ulthuani dulcimer drifted in the night air. The Asur camp was at rest.

But a light appeared in the darkness of the mountain shadow and the camp was stirred to alert. The sharp eyes of the Shadow Warriors caught it first. It was not the sickly violet light of Druchii dark magics. It was the red-golden glow of a forest fire. Yet only scrub grew on this part of the foothills.

The first sounds came to the keen Asur ears as the commanders dressed their lines. It began as a low rumble like a distant waterfall. Then it slowly grew to a roar like an avalanche. It seemed a thousand hammers beat upon the ground in a symphony of fury.

The light grew until the valley glowed red. The sound became deafening and was punctuated by squeals of unspeakable agony. When the first ones came into view the light and noise became clear. It was not the fall of a thousand hammers. It was the hooves of a stampede. Several hundred head of beautiful elven steeds had been doused with oil and set ablaze. The herd had been sent running down the canyon from the Wrath Gate burning, terrified, agonized and dying.

The hellish stampede thundered through the Asur camp uncontrollable and blind. Most had to be speared or shot to be put out of their misery. Many died on the hoof. A trail of burning bodies snaked up toward the mountains.

The mayhem was short lived. The camp was brought under control within half an hour. Some scorched tents and a few overturned soup kettles were the extent of the damage. Charred corpses and the lingering smell of burnt horsehair were all that remained.

As the camp tried to come to grips with the horror that had just been inflicted upon them, a white stallion galloped into camp. It was not burned, but it dripped red. A horsemaster soothed the beast and brought it to rest. Cut deeply into the hide of its flank was a message in Druchii runes:

Dear Asur,

Thank you for all the heads of my Druchii, bloody suits of Naggarothi armor and the other lovely gifts that you have delivered to me, along with your warm regards, over the course of your incursion into the Wrath Gate. I was particularly touched by the present left on my writing desk when you held the Gate fortifications.

In repayment for your thoughtful generosity, I am returning all of your mounts captured over the course of the battles. I know how you Asur dote upon your horses.

I hope that this gift conveys my most sincere sentiments upon this glorious celebration. The Wrath Gate is sealed again! Perhaps you should barbecue?

May you ever be as successful in the future,
General Kala Kodai of House Velari
Eternal Thorn in the Asur Side

-------------------------------------------------------

Reality Check -
OK, I just had to do it. The temptation was just too strong. The moment was just too right. The stars aligned and the karma was handed to me like the keys to a new car for all the little Asur taunts in my journal (which I confess are sometimes quite amusing).

To the Druchii players who helped seal the Wrath Gate, I offer congratulations. To the Asur players, I offer my sincere hopes that this little poke will be taken with humor and/or renewed zeal to continue playing and writing good fluff. That and the hopes that you won't stalk me and throw bricks through my apartment window.

To all I would like to say that both the game and the story are far from over.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I shall take this in the spirit it was given. Now Prince Aethran has a new goal: exterminating Druchii at an exponentially increasing rate (which he has been doing for some time), but more specifically a single Druchii in particular....

And as for the bricks in windows, I know where you live... :twisted: ;)

....actually, I don't. :evil: :P
Theanointed
Black Guard

Post by Theanointed »

::Tries to maintain his usual calm and collective posture but he cannot help himself and lets out the a most evil laugh::

Kala once again you leave me simply amazed by driving the dagger of insult directly into the thigh of our enemies, with a innocent smile. I love it.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Eldacar wrote:exterminating Druchii at an exponentially increasing rate, but more specifically a single Druchii in particular....

I have no doubt that many Asur wanted a piece of the General even before this (some players even wanted pick out bricks).

But you never know. You may have the opportunity to rejoice at Kala's demise. I'm playing so that if the model for Kala dies, then Kala dies in the story. I don't use her often - only when the story calls for it. But I've put her in a couple of critical battles so far. She even took two wounds at Maibd Pass.

Also, I am going to start giving up Black Lotus defeats to Asur fluff writers. I'm 5 for 4 in the campaign so far. Fortunately most of the 4 were at the 6th Gate. But the point is that we will see more of the rivalry. The Gate may be sealed and other fights may call, but Kala hasn't forgotten the ancient enemy.

TheAnnointed wrote:driving the dagger of insult directly into the thigh of our enemies with an innocent smile

A very Druchii trait in my opinion. Smile when you are at the most malicious. In fact that should be the national motto of Naggaroth - "Murder with a smile"

I am pleased to have inspired an evil laugh.
Last edited by General kala on Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

General Kala is a true inspiration to all truehearted Druchii. Where else but under her inspired leadership would one lone Druchii Captain get the idea to collect Asur ears!

Now I have a Slaanesh insurrection to put down.
Death is light as a feather
Duty is heavy as a mountain
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Re: Kala sends a present to the Asur

Post by Ansob. »

General Kala wrote:Perhaps you should barbecue?

Oh, that was brilliant. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread...
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

a good story indeed, now i only hope you do the same to those slaaneshi scum running rampart within naggaroth.
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Vengeanceseeker
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vengeanceseeker »

Well, I have to congratulate you on showing the asur some true cruelty.

Shame though, I hear horse is a fine meat.

Hang on, you just gave the asur free food! You evil fool!
World of Arl, Where the players matter.

Free Dark Elf army!
VS' known kills: Lord Saradain.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Vengeanceseeker wrote:Hang on, you just gave the asur free food! You evil fool!

Come now. Give me more credit than that. We mixed black lotus extract in with the burning oil. :twisted:
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

:twisted:

Hehehe, a finishing touch ala druchii :mrgreen:
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Darkfeather
Noble
Location: Silently stalking the Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia

Post by Darkfeather »

General Kala wrote: In fact that should be the national motto of Naggaroth - "Murder with a smile"

I will second that, it just makes the day so much more pleasent if you can go about your work with a smile ;)

I definately think that this story will have generated more than a few evil laughs, mine included :twisted:
Alith Anar wrote: So in conclusion, do bring them whenever you feel like it. They do, after all, cut people's heads off for a living, and that's gotta count for something.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I did laugh when I saw it, even though I am an Asur through and through. It is the sort of thing that the Druchii do. And that we Asur do not do such things is what puts us above our fallen cousins ;) :P .
Darkfeather
Noble
Location: Silently stalking the Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia

Post by Darkfeather »

Eldacar wrote:I did laugh when I saw it, even though I am an Asur through and through. It is the sort of thing that the Druchii do. And that we Asur do not do such things is what puts us above our fallen cousins ;) :P .

You can have your moral high ground -

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth

I think that sums it up pretty well
Alith Anar wrote: So in conclusion, do bring them whenever you feel like it. They do, after all, cut people's heads off for a living, and that's gotta count for something.
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

*tips hat*

Well done. I am feeling extreamly left out. No warhammer in over a month, which means I havent gotten a chance to do ANYTHING for this campaign, but prod the fluff on a bit. My hat goes off to you sir.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Aravargaldean
Trainee Warrior

Post by Aravargaldean »

Kala, I swear. thanx for the horses back, but by Asuryon, if I ever get my hands on you, you won't see the next sunrise, even as corrupted as they are in your twisted country of Naggoroth.

just kidding man. nice write up, btw
Aravar Galdean-

The High Prince of Tiranoc (mainly because no one else is brave enough to live there :wink:)

I'm known as MavisDavis01 in Asur.org
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Yes, I will take the moral high ground. Showing mercy isn't actually weak, by the way. It shows that there is no sense in killing someone when you don't have to. If I were to speak from as close to a DE's view as I can get to, why waste the effort killing someone you've already defeated? You can wait until they get better, letting them stew on their loss as time passes. It aggravates them, and meanwhile, you can flaunt it to them every time you see them, aggravating them even more, until they lose control, attack you, and then, knowing it will be coming (you engineered it, after all) THEN you can defeat them again, and show mercy again, and then you can prance around boasting that they are so bad that even when they tried to get you from behind, they STILL couldn't beat you.... :twisted:
The friend who introduced me to WFB did this to me after the first battle, and it went on for weeks before I kicked his ass utterly in a 3000 point massacre.... :D

And as soon as I can, I will get every one of my little circle of friends to have one big battle. And I shall wipe out the druchii utterly.... :twisted: .

Then I shall have the fun of the write up.....
Endanar
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Endanar »

You druchii skum wont get away with this. My glorious army of Saphery will destroy your kin wherever it goes and it won't stop there.

Endanar Athranan
"Ulthuan shall never fall"
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I believe this thread has made the asur kin a bit mad. They are now advancing strong around the 6th gate...

- Nag
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Actually, according to my spies in the enemy camp, they seem more worked up about rescuing Prince Regulus. They have yet to mention my little equestrian parade.

Still, if they are advancing, they are advancing. Doesn't matter what motivated them. Time to counterattack.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Yeah. The loss of Prince Regulus have hit them hard. I hope he'll be gone for good. That is a bit like your "Operation Infight" or whatever you called it. They have been trown into disarray...

- Nag
Spartan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Spartan »

the asur have not been "thrown into disarray" my druchii friend. actually, had that assassination nonsense actually had any impact at all, it wouldve been included in the fluff.

and as for Regulus, we shall not despair, but gain heart and free him form the clutches of the foul druchii.

and as for those horses...."ill get you next time, kala! next time!" *shakes fist* :lol:
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Disarray? I doubt it, Nagathi. We'll get Regs back. My Prince swore an oath to rescue him, apparently, so that's what I'll do (as soon as I can find a scenario that would work for it).

EDIT: Hey, cool, my title says "off the alta" now. I wondered whether or not the ones holding the sacrificial knife would actually bother to finish me. I've been on that damn altar for a while :lol: .
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Spartan wrote:the asur have not been "thrown into disarray" my druchii friend. actually, had that assassination nonsense actually had any impact at all, it wouldve been included in the fluff
I don't keep track of all the fluff that's being written, but I know it is there, or will be.

- Nag
Stormbrow ii
Trainee Warrior

Post by Stormbrow ii »

Some scorched tents and a few overturned soup kettles were the extent of the damage.

Soup kettles? We asur would have something far more elegant...
Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races.

Homer Simpson
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Fondue pots?