Skirmish Scenario for the Southern Reaches

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Skirmish Scenario for the Southern Reaches

Post by Maldor »

Cult Encampment Raid

Late in the night, the Temple of Khaine makes daring raids on Cultist camps, silently picking off Cultists in the darkness, leaving empty tents.

Models Needed
Temple of Khaine
 10 Witch Elves
 Up to 100pts of Special Infantry from the ToK list
 1 Hag with up to 25pts of ToK items
Cult of Pleasure
 10 Devoted
 10 Slaanesh Marked Chaos Warriors
 1 Mistress with Speed of Slaanesh

Battlefield
The raid takes place within a small camp at night, represented by a 24”x24” table. Place a circle of six stones in the center of the table with a clearing six” around it, and three tents, placed by the CoP player anywhere on the table at least 6” away from any table edge or another tent. The rest of the battlefield is covered by areas of forest, dense shrub, and ancient ruins.

Objectives
The Temple’s objective is to wreak as much havoc as possible on the Cult’s camp and disrupt their trek north toward Ghrond. The attack’s success is determined by the number of Raid Points scored during the fight as follows:

Raid Points……………………Outcome
24-30………………….....Major Victory
18-23…………………….Minor Victory
12-17……………………………...Draw
6-11……………………….Minor Defeat
0-5...………………………Major Defeat

Deployment
The CoP nominates one tent as being the Mistress’, and notes secretly which that is. The other two tents each contain 5 sleeping Chaos Warriors. These models are not deployed at the game’s start.

To represent the scattered movement of the Devoted on patrol, the ToK player deploys five of these anywhere on the table, no closer that 3” from each other.

The CoP player then deploys the remaining five Devoted anywhere on the table, and MAY place them within 3” of any other Devoted model.
The ToK player then deploys his models along the edge of the table, keeping each model 2” away from each other.

Who Goes First?
The Temple of Khaine goes first.

Game Length
The game lasts until the Temple of Khaine routs or all the Cultists are slain.

Special Rules

Patrol: At the start of each CoP turn, roll a D6 for each Devoted. On a result of 1, the ToK player may move the Devoted. On a result of 2-4, the Devoted remains still. On a result of 5-6, the CoP player may move the Devoted. Devoted may be moved up to 5” and will continue to move this way until the ToK has been Detected (see below). After the ToK has been Detected, the Devoted may be moved normally.

Detected: At the start of each of his turns, the CoP player should roll a D6 for each Devoted to see if they’ve spotted a Khainite and sounded the alarm. The closer the Khainites are, the easier they are to detect.

Nearest Khainite………...Detection Roll
8”-6.01”……………………………...5+
6”-3.01”……………………………...4+
3”-0”…………………………………3+

Once the alarm is sounded, the Devoted will act normally and the remaining CoP models emerge from their tents and are placed on the table.

Do not roll for any model that is Stunned at the start of a turn, as Devoted that were stunned or killed never knew what hit them.

Khainites successfully hiding cannot be detected.

Tents: The Khainites may attack models sleeping in the tents. Up to three ToK models may enter a tent at a time, and once they enter the CoP player reveals who the occupants are. Sleeping cultists count as Stunned and will not wake until attacked. If attacked and not slain or Stunned normally, the CoP player may make a detection roll for that model. If successful, all the occupants in the tent awaken. Wakened models count as Knocked Down. If an awakened model leaves the tent, he immediately sounds the alarm for the entire encampment.

No Special Deployment

Summoning Circle: The circle in the center of the camp is used in many dark rituals. The circle can be damaged by destroying the stones that form it. Each stone has a Toughness of 5 and a single wound. At the start of the CoP player’s turn, if the Mistress is standing in the center of the circle, the CoP player rolls a D3 and places that many Daemonettes in base contact with the Mistress. Subtract 1 from the number of Daemonettes summoned for each stone in the circle that has been destroyed. If three of more stones have been destroyed, no Daemonettes can be summoned at all.

No Retreat: The CoP is immune to rout tests.

Raid Points:
Game Event…………………Raid Points Earned
Killed Devotted……………….………………..1
Killed Chaos Warrior…………………………..1
Destroyed Summoning Stone…………………..1
Killed Mistress…………………………………4
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

that is a very nice scenario you have made there maldor, very nice indeed. however i have a few questions,
i shall playtest this as soon as i can.
however i think it may need to be put in the ideas forum.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

I'd appreciate it. Please go ahead and post any questions/concerns you have once you play it through.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Cool. Very nice.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

What are the chaos warriors fielded with?
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

That's up to the player, thus allowing this scenario to be played out multiple times as different camps are raided.