Summer Clean-Up

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Summer Clean-Up

Post by Daeron »

Greetings,

While working on the webserver, I noticed our footprint was quite big. I was wondering if we could clean up some of the following:

• The 9th Age codexes from version 0.9. We hosted these when T9A was launched to help them overcome the bandwidth. But I don't think these are still relevant today. Would it be alright to remove these?
  • Access logs from 2014. I think these were kept to get an idea of server load when optimizing server costs.
  • USERS: I see a lot of accounts are being made that are unused. I would like to go through the userlist and remove those users that: have not visited the site in over a year AND have 0 posts.
  • Personal files that may have been uploaded by old admins. They will be archived, but I don't see a reason to keep them on the server.

My hope is to reduce the footprint a tad.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Summer Clean-Up

Post by Calisson »

No problem for any of these.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Everything has been cleansed, except for the users. I will check on that action later since I don't feel like doing it one at a time as the ACP offers.

Additionally, I'd like to clean up the administration of the websites. Our hosting plan has a long history, and this has given us plenty of accounts and users that have not worked on the site in years. I would like to take the following actions:
  • Remove druchiicampaign.net and all associated files and accounts.
  • Remove elvesonline.net and all associated files and accounts.
  • Remove wfbcampaign.net and all associated files and accounts.
  • Remove server-account general_kala
  • Remove server-account tarbo
  • Remove server-account dh_eonet
No action will be taken for clangmann.net which isn't being paid by me, nor being hosted by our server, yet Dreamhost seems to provide the DNS service. I'm a bit surprised by this, but I see no harm in letting it be.

I will also do (with 0 impact for users)
  • Clean up database names
  • Clean up configuration for database access to keep things tidy.
The end result should be that our account is cleaner, has a smaller footprint, and it should be easier to navigate/understand our accounts set-up. Granted, I'm the only admin atm but you never know!
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Just checked in for a bit - great work on the new version Daeron.

Its a shame we lost our nice headings though.

Can I do some work for you to create a new look and feel?