Are the PM alert e-mails working?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Are the PM alert e-mails working?

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Hi guys

I'm not sure if the PM alerts (you know, sending the e-mail to the recipient) is working. It may just be very slow.

Can you explain what happens when I send a PM as it remains in the outbox and (at some point in the future) moves to the sent box.

Cheers

Sha'a'alaar
Dyne
Beastmaster
Location: waiting behind you, about to stab you wit.........wait, ewwww!

Post by Dyne »

i dont have this problem(to my knowlwedge), but no longer get alerts by email to say i have recieved one however.

i have sent you a message to see if it works.
(sent 5o'clock, thurs sept 2nd)

btw, you say you live near brighton, are you anywhere near worthing? mayb we could hook up for a game
Everyone wrote:You know, High Elfs really suck
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Dyne wrote:i dont have this problem(to my knowlwedge), but no longer get alerts by email to say i have recieved one however.

i have sent you a message to see if it works.
(sent 5o'clock, thurs sept 2nd)

PM'd back as I did receive this and the e-mail notification. However, as that note says, I'm still waiting on an alert for a PM I sent to a second account I have here! The PM seems to come through ok, and quickly. It is more the e-mail alert that seems to be the "problem".

btw, you say you live near brighton, are you anywhere near worthing? mayb we could hook up for a game.
I live in a small village (Hassocks) which is to the north of Brighton, but we're only talking of a 15 minute drive to the seafront. The only downer on that is I work away during the week (in sunny Milton Keynes). However, there is a local club that meets on the first Sunday of every month.

Cheers

Sha'a'alaar
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

It happends from time to time that all notifications stop coming in. It can last a few days tops, but then you get them all at once (I got 171 new notifications in one hour).
Your problem sounds more like a problem with the address entered for that account. Are you sure you spelled it correctly? Are you checking the right mail account (it's hard to check two different ones)?

- Nag
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Nag

Firstly, good to see you back. Hope all is OK or better now.

The address hasn't changed so no reason there. My e-mail client checks three separate accounts at once (and something is OK because I got the notification of your entry on this thread).

Confusing huh?

Sha
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

One account can't (or shouldn't) be able to have the same mail address as another account. That is probably what has gone wrong.

- Nag
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Loremaster Nagathi wrote:One account can't (or shouldn't) be able to have the same mail address as another account. That is probably what has gone wrong.

- Nag

They don't. I have more e-mail addresses than any sane person should (4 personal ones and two for work).

Sha
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

And you're sure you have cj´hecked them all and that all D.net accounts have the right mail address written in its profile?

- Nag
Kitrik
Fearless Leader of the "Cult of Kitrik"

Post by Kitrik »

This is a problem with the server at this moment. It went down because of overuse at some point in the last few days. I'm currently in the process of upgrading the system though to accomodate a project I have in the works (free Druchii.net forwarding email addresses - you heard it here first!). That should be done within the next week...

Kitrik
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Sounds terrific!
System upgrades are always welcome :)

- Nag
Tayrod
Spawn of Slaanesh
Location: Over the hills and far away (ie: In Norway somewhere)

Post by Tayrod »

Havent been working for me either, but with kitrik at it Im sure it will get fixed soon, ey? ;) Good luck mate
And the kneecaps connected to the ... *&¤%#% ... oh darn
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

@kitrik thanks for the update.

It does seem that they are slow rather than not working at all.

Cheers

Sha'a'alaar