asrai combo i thought up

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

beastmaster kurlan wrote:werll deathraider its unofficial so it doesnt make a difference.

Thats a crap attitude to have IMO. Most people I know recognise and use the FAQ's from GW. That is the point to them being published. They are not issued out for a laugh or anything!

This goes back to my comment about the part in the WPS pack about reading into rules to gain an advantage. I am sure when the Wood Elf FAQ's are done properly (like the Dwarf one which recently came out) this will be included.
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

this subject has been brought up on the gw warhammer forum and recieved the following replies http://uk.games-workshop.com/apps/eshar ... emplate=uk

the general gist of everything in there is that the kb ability is not given to the hail of doom arrows
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Ok,

After having a look at the FAQs they have over there (btw...what a great forum it is :shock:) I realise they are not just unofficial, but not even GW sanctioned, just done by random people on the forums. This for me decreases their validity.

However, with that said, alot of the suggested FAQ's there are pretty decent and make sense. I still think the killing blow Hail of Doom is pushing things a bit far...

Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Xizor wrote:After having a look at the FAQs they have over there (btw...what a great forum it is :shock:) I realise they are not just unofficial, but not even GW sanctioned, just done by random people on the forums. This for me decreases their validity.

They have come from the designers in the past (as far as 40k goes). A lot of those questions are "official" in some sense.

Xizor wrote:However, with that said, alot of the suggested FAQ's there are pretty decent and make sense. I still think the killing blow Hail of Doom is pushing things a bit far...

Any ranged KB gets silly. Just imagine a blood dragon casting gaze of nagash...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

also a hoda negates all affects of magic bows for that shot so really that would mean that if you used a kb u need precision and what the hoda rule is saying is that its one shot which then splits and loses all aim which would make a kb impossible without amazing luck
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Rork wrote:They have come from the designers in the past (as far as 40k goes). A lot of those questions are "official" in some sense.

Right ok. I must admit I didnt check out the soruce of them. Regardless, they mostly make alot of sense and are probably things that would be cleared up in the "official" FAQ.

Rork wrote:Any ranged KB gets silly. Just imagine a blood dragon casting gaze of nagash...

:lol: I wonder what beastmaster kurlans opinions on that are?!

Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

that would be very interesting to hear
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

hi all im back, ok on the vc idea im not sure if it says attacks in cc, if not then same thing but im not entirely sure on magic but im not arguing that im arguing that the faq you pointed otu is unofficial, and chris soem would say a bad attitude is taking 2 earthshakers tto a battle :P . ok if it gets put in an OFFICIAL faq, then ok fine.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Ok,

Well now I have a 7th ed rulebook I can clarify that in 7th, this combo will definately not work as it specifically states Killing Blow only works in combat (though it states some exceptions are noted in army books - Waywatchers I presume).

Sorry Kurlan!