2K Chaos list-VFast

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Taint
Dark Rider

2K Chaos list-VFast

Post by Taint »

OK hear I go:-

Exalted Champ- UnD Gen,BSteed,Flail,Shield,Blood Hunt Horn
[150] (Leads Undived knight unit)
Asp Champ-Tzeentch,BSB,BSted,Scroll,Mirror of Knowledge
[236] (Leads Tzeentch knight unit)
Sorcerer- Lvl2,Slanesh,Steed of Slan,Sceptre of Dom,Spell Fam,Biting Blade
[230]

The Hammer:-
5 Knights- UnD,SB-Warbanner,Mus
[220]
5 Knights- Tzeentch,SB,M
[215]
3 Dragon Ogers- GW,LA
[237]

The flanks:-
2*5 Marauder Horse- Flails,Throwing Axes,Mus
[202]
4*5 Hounds
5 Mounted Deamonettes
[150]
5 Centigor- S,LA,Sp,Throwing Axes,Mus
[117]
8 Furies
[120]

Total=1997

PD=7+BS PwLvl6
DD=4+Scroll

So, as you can see, the areas i look to dominate are the movement and the combat phase. I have a little, OK a very little short range shooting for this and that (stray mages etc) and average magic.

The character choice is where i struggled. I couldn't make up my mind whether i should pay a lot of points and go magic heavy. In the end i settled for a less afective magic phase but as my army can generally be in combat as of turn 2 i think with a bit of aggresive mage hunting i can hopefully make my magic more influential in the second half of the game.

So what do you think?
Any comments much appreciated.

PS- for those that dont have the Chaos books:

-Sceptre of Dom= Enemy character 24'' attack his own unit BS PwLvl6
-Mirror of Knowledge= Begining of Magic phase-Enemy unit reveals all that is not apparent about enemy unit
-Bloodhunt Horn= One use only- Force fleeing enemy unit within 12" to automatically fail rally test :twisted:
'Trust is the first casualty of war.' The words had barely parted his lips when he died upon his brothers sword.
Taint
Dark Rider

Post by Taint »

Mostly Harmless said:
I noticed that there's not alot of meat to your army. I don't know if I can condone that. Your army is all punch, but no staying power. That can be a real problem against an empire or skaven gun heavy list. I've always been an advocate of infantry, though, so my opinion is slightly skewed. I can, however, see how this would work. It's straightfoward and to the point, like any good chaos army. I also like the fact that you didn't make the mistake of taking chosen knights of khorne. An empire gunline would have eaten those alive.

My only warning is that you're going to have to rely very heavily on the high leadership of chaos. With units that size, you'll be taking alot of panic checks, particularly if you play against someone like me.

Reply - All punch pretty much sum's it up. I can stick a combat for a good couple of turns due to BSB always within 12" of other Heavy Cav and DOgers. This is however untill i start taking casualties. This list can be quite fragil if opened up properly. Gunline armies aren't that scary actually as they have 1 turn (2 at max) of shooting before i trample over them and with lots of dogs to block line of fire i can minimalise most of the damege. There are definately a few units that cause problems as you have already seen here:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=48263

The panic test due to casualties therfore on the whole isn't too worrying however.....
Fear + Terror!!!!!!!!!!! my army runs off the battle field screaming.

Literally just finished a 1500 pnt game VS VCounts (list very similar to the above but smaller) and i failed pretty much every fear test of any significance during the entire game (lasted about 4 turns before i had run into hiding.)
'Trust is the first casualty of war.' The words had barely parted his lips when he died upon his brothers sword.
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

If people don't have the Chaos Books, why should they get the rules for the Magic Items? Aren't they copyrighted?

This is is... meh... Mirror of Knowledge isn't all that good... get more doggies instead. :P
Sceptre of Domination doesn't work on that many people... Leadership 8 or under is about it, and even then, the LD 8 heros aren't actually going to hurt very much. You could save points here and go for even more doggies.
Other than that, the list is actually well constructed, and while I personally wouldn't have taken any Knights, at least they aren't Chosen. Not to mention all the doggies! :D
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Taint
Dark Rider

Post by Taint »

So you like doggies then!!!
Hop0efully i haven't broken too many laws by posting certain info... i'll just whistle and walk away calmly so as not to atract attention.

The Mirror of Knowledge i am also uncertain about. FAQ really but does your opponent have to give you the name of any items in targeted unit or does he also have to tell me what they do. My point being if someone turns roung and says that the unit has a standard called the Ju Ju Flop Banner i'm not gunna have a clue what he is on about. If that is all the info he has to relinquish then i'll probably drop it.

The Sceptre of Domination i am actually a big fan of. It doesn't always achieve much but Pwr Lvl6 really worries those who do have a butch hard character. I think you have missrea the spell for if it is cast the character automatically attacks his own unit, a LD test will not save him. :P

PS: thanks for the feedback dude, i'v had it up for weeks and was begining to think no-one was going to reply.