Theory List - Gorthor Bonsters Army 4500 Points

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Theory List - Gorthor Bonsters Army 4500 Points

Post by Darmort »

This list is made just for fun, involving lots of Terror Causing beasties and a lot of fear causing big things... it's a BEAST army after all! :P

Gorthor (What a surprise)

Doombull
Nurgle, Heavy Armour, The Black Maul.

Bray Shaman
Slaaneshi, Level Two, Staff Of Darkoth, Dispel Scroll.

Bray Shaman
Nurgle, Level Two, Bray Staff Of Sorcery.

Bray Shaman
Level Two, Dispel Scroll, Dark Heart, Bray Staff.

Bray Shaman
Level Two, Power Familiar, Bray Staff.

Tuskgor Chariot

Tuskgor Chariot

Beastherd
6 Gors, 7 Ungors.
Gors have Two Hand Weapons. Ungors have Shields. Foe Render, Musician.

Beastherd
6 Gors, 7 Ungors.

Beastherd
6 Gors, 7 Ungors.

Beastherd
6 Gors, 7 Ungors.

6 Warhounds

6 Warhounds

18 Slaangor
Full Command, Slaanesh.

18 Bestigor
Full Command, Vitriolic Totem.

4 Minotaurs
Nurgle, Light Armour, Great Weapons, Bloodkine.

4 Minotaurs
Nurgle, Light Armour, Great Weapons, Bloodkine.

4 Chaos Ogres
Shields, Heavy Armour, Great Weapons, Full Command.

Chaos Giant
Mutant Monstrosity.

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
Light Armour, Great Weapon.

4 Dragon Ogres
Great Weapons, Light Armour.

4 Dragon Ogres
Great Weapons, Light Armour.

4497 Points
130 Models
209 Wounds
11 Power Dice
7 Dispel Dice + 2 Scrolls

The overall tactic of this army is to CHARGE, with Dragon Ogres in the centre, Bestigor/Slaangor on their flanks, and the Minotaurs on their flanks. Gorthor and the Chariots will be deployed inbetween the Dragon Ogre Units. The Beastherds are all going in Ambushing mode, while the Warhounds are acting as stardard bullet magnets for the first and perhaps second turns. The Shaggoth and Giant are going to be placed somewhere where I believe they'll do the most damage, while the Bray-Shaman's are going in appropriate places. The Shaman with the Dark Heart is using Beasts and switching one spell to Bear's Anger regardless, and he's in, wait for it... the Bestigors. Gee, how evil of me... :P The other Shaman with the Staff of Darkoth is hiding behind that unit and using the Wild Call on said Bestigor...

Question; is the Dark Heart capable of adding to the Charge movement of the Wild Call? Just asking because the Wild Call spell says "The unit may declare and make a normal charge move immediately" while the Dark Heart says "The Character and any unit led by him adds +D3" to their charge move." Always worth checking these things so I don't assume otherwise.

The other two Shamans are going to stay in hidiness and cast anything they need to.
The Doombull is a bit of an issue... you see, it has Frenzy... but 6 Strength 7 Attacks and 5 Wounds... still, it could hide behind a Warhound or go through the trees and attack the flanks...

The Shaggoth and Giant are going to be placed where they can maximise their Terror, so probably near the Chariots.

This Army does four things, from my point of view; Make people just gape at all the multi-wound creatures (from a Non-Ogre Army). Shrug off most small arms fire. Obliterate stuff in combat. Not much in the way of Infantry gets an Armour Save, and even Cavalry start suffering from the amounts of attacks at Strength 6+ I'm dishing out, not to mention Chariots. The final and last thing it does, is surround and conquer the enemy. I'm going to test it against a Chaos Army, a Dark Elf Army, a Lizardman Army and an Empire Army. Hopefully I can be bothered to post the results...

Well, thoughts, comments and critisisms welcome on it.
Darmort

Edit: removed point costs, please read the rules. - Damnation.
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Lord of the morning
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord of the morning »

Sounds like a good list, and I see no reason why Wild Call and the Dark Heart wont stack effects.
May I present The Dragon Reborn, He Who Comes with The Dawn, the Car'a'carn, the Cooramoor, The Prince of the Dawn, The Lord of the Morning, the King of Illian, and True Defender of the Light, Rand al'Thor.
RIP Robert Jordan
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

Looks fun. I'd like to see more chariots, and you'll have space problems if you play on a 6'x4' board, but that's true of any 4500pt army isn't it?!

Makes me want to play a really big game with my orcs. Can you imagine getting the Waagh spell off with a 4.5k army? Explaining to your opponent that yes, your entire 4.5k army gets to move 2d6" forward, strike first AND reroll missed to hit rolls. It would be insane!
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Rangeltoft
Noble

Post by Rangeltoft »

Been awhile since i looked in the BoC book, but im rather sure that Gorthor's mark counts as a MoCU(?) and that he must be the general, which would make the MoN on Minotaurs illegal.

other then that i like the list, not so sure on why you would use the Staff of Sorcery tho, but thats more of a personal opinion.

More chariots(like Ant said) would be nice and "fluffy" from a certain point of view(in the old Champions of Chaos book, Gorthors on warherd were made up almost entierly of chariots).
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

Been awhile since i looked in the BoC book, but im rather sure that Gorthor's mark counts as a MoCU(?) and that he must be the general, which would make the MoN on Minotaurs illegal.

Gorthor counts as having all 4 marks, so you can choose marks for minos etc freely.
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Yeah, I know Gorthor is the Chariot Miester, but I really hate building chariots and if I have to build any more than the two I need to buy, I will explode and go insane (not that I'm sane anyway).

The Staff of Sorcery could be changed to a pair of Scrolls if needs be, depends on who I'm fighting against, Magic Heavy or Magic Medium.

Ant - Nice... now, I think this calls for an almighty Waaagh! :lol:
I'll have to get all this finished up sometime and locate you for a game. An 8' by 4' table would be better for 3K+ I'd say.
Back From Druchii Hiatus