worst looking fantasy model

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord bloodsword
Warrior

Post by Lord bloodsword »

why carrion? i think thier cool, mabe a little more bandaging on the chest area. but cool none the less.

i say malekith is looking like a facemask...i mean, his face must be scarred, but how scarred must he be to wear a face mask?

the only one i really hate apart from the mentioned engineer, and etc, is the franz himself. the pimp hat is wrong.
Crazyhorse
Highborn

Post by Crazyhorse »

Dread Lord is number 1, high elf spearmen, and high elf archers.

-crazyhorse
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Lord bloodsword
Warrior

Post by Lord bloodsword »

i forgot about the archers... your right, although the converting opportunities, and the kneeling legs are good.
Visus blackblade
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Visus blackblade »

Not a fan of Beast of Nurgles, although the drawing of one in the book is really nice.
You play the hand you're dealth, thats why Druchii cheat.
Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

new ghouls. why are they hunch backed, why do they have stuff sticking out their backs.
harpies. I didnt realise how bad they were till I saw them painted up...
Blackfel
Black Guard

Post by Blackfel »

Nagash still gets my vote. Games Workshop REALLY needs to redo that one just to erase the stigma of the original model.

To this day I have no idea how THIS:
became THIS:

FOR SHAME!
There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Ugliest model. Tough one, chaos ogres could be it, definately. I think the chaos trolls are awful too though, and the current 'normal' trolls likewise. I can't say I like Konrad von Carstein either, though not ugliest by far, I think he's more ugly than good looking. Can't see why people are bashing the new dire wolves either :o

Though perhaps not really current, what about the older cold ones which you still (as far as I know) get with the chariot? Or the VC Black knights for that matter.
Azimyth
Beastmaster

Post by Azimyth »

Blackfel wrote:Nagash still gets my vote. Games Workshop REALLY needs to redo that one just to erase the stigma of the original model.
To this day I have no idea how THIS:
became THIS:
FOR SHAME!

Apparently they dropped and shattered the mould for the original figure and had to rescuplt it in 2 weeks or something like that. Thus we end up with a clown.
South African Players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
ETC: Rules for whingers who still want to play 7th
Vivandrel
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Vivandrel »

The current Wood Elf Treeman, with the little tounge sticking out. Its just silly.
Followed by those new Teradons, I much prefered the old models.
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon..
Starscream
Corsair

Post by Starscream »

Id agree with Brad and Blackfel Nagash is a shocking miniature, along with the old manticore (the one GW painted with a red [!!] mane in the battle book) or the old Cold One Knights that looked like they couldn't carry their own weight never mind a fully armoured knight!!

Current models, Don't like the tentacle arm holding the shield on the new Chaos Lord, thats the only thing on that model, definately the Dreadlord on foot and not a great fan of the Zoanthrope model, prefer the old one for some reason.
Dannyfave
Shade

Post by Dannyfave »

skaven look horrible, except the new plague guys. i also think the whole tomb king range is pretty bad. though i dont care about those models looking horrible because i will NEVER use either army. (well maybe if the models get better ;) )
AKA Dannyfave, I just don't know if I could change my name here.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Visus Blackblade wrote:Not a fan of Beast of Nurgles, although the drawing of one in the book is really nice.

I don't like any of the Nurgle models. They all look ugly to me. Granted, they are supposed to be ugly, but something about them just doesn't do it for me. I don't see how people think Nurgle models are amazing or great...

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Enfant terrible
Cold One Knight

Post by Enfant terrible »

Oh yes, please add my vote for Nagash as well - oh dear that was one ugly motherf*cker.
"... Why so serious? ..."
Blackfel
Black Guard

Post by Blackfel »

First time I ever saw Nagash I thought "It's the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Liche". I'd also like to throw into the ring the redone Eldar "Striking Bunnywabbits". When you redo a miniature, for God's sake make sure the new one is an improvement over the old.
There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
Crimsonsun
Trainee Warrior

Post by Crimsonsun »

Brad wrote:I know the thread is about current minis, but I still just can't get past Nagash the Undead Clown King, followed closely by Bullwinkle King of the Wood Elves (Orion) and his horse-fairy girlfriend.

As soon as i saw this thread the demi god of undeath sprung to my mind, all praise coco the clown, and onion king of the veg patch also high up there!
Gethsemane
Executioner

Post by Gethsemane »

Hmmm... the old Dark Elf RBT for me. Ridiculous looking piece of machinery. Then again, I'm not a fan of many of the older models (Black Guard still look kick ass though).
aka DarkTyrany22

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.