Who actually plays tomb kings??

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darkblade222
Slave on the Altar

Who actually plays tomb kings??

Post by Darkblade222 »

does anyone out there play tomb kings at all ive never met anyone who does?
"With hate all things are possible"
Druchii saying
Desert icon
Assassin

Post by Desert icon »

Yes, there are people out there who play them. I myself have a friend who plays TK.

Why do you ask?
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

I play Tomb Kings
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

Me too. They are my favorite army.

Done pretty well in tourneys with them too. Although they've been left at home a lot recently due to their inability to beat daemons...
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

my regular opponent plays tomb kings and he's quite good with them.
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I have a friend who plays them now and then.

They were awful for a bit, when Null Talismans could shut down their magic phase, but ever since that was FAQed they've been a lot better.

They need to be played at the 2000+ mark for them to be any good though, and they require a lot more effort than most armies (synergy is key) but they can be pretty fiendish when used well.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Moonblade
Cold One Knight

Post by Moonblade »

...and they don't seem to receive much love from GW lately now, do they?

Sarcasm aside, I really like the idea of TK being an Egyptian-mythology-based undeads. That's a really refreshing twist in the otherwise very plain faction of undeads.
Game Designer. At last. Period.
Autarii
Trainee Warrior

Post by Autarii »

I play them too.

Aside from being a very quick army to build and paint, at least for me, they provide a good tactical challenge and are brilliant to play with.

Alas, they do require at least 2000 points before the fun starts. But then who can say no to two Bone Giants?

Oh and the background as it is is quite well expanded for an army that isnt too popular.
Sa'an'ishar!
Darkblade222
Slave on the Altar

Post by Darkblade222 »

lol ive just never met anyone who plays them i myself have never really had an interest towards them i always thought VC were much cooler and alot of the same concept but i play DE atm lol
"With hate all things are possible"
Druchii saying
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

I've run into a few very excellent Tomb King players in my time. They seem to attract a lot of oldschool strategic minds. The Tomb King can be decked out to be one of the nastiest Unit Strength 1 character in the game, the Free Reform Banner is brilliant on Tomb Guard, and Screaming Skull Catapults and Tomb Spiders could be transplanted straight into an 8th edition book and still seem incredibly useful.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

Though we're hopeful that the twilight backlash will turn people off vampires and onto TK!

Anyways, yes I play them too. Eagerly await their release which is supposedly not far off now.
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

danceman wrote:Anyways, yes I play them too. Eagerly await their release which is supposedly not far off now.

And neither is Dark Eldar...

In all honesty TKs are one of my favourite armies in WHFB, but obviously I chose Dark Elves.

To answer your question, there is one player at my club who plays TKs as his primary WHFB army and an other who has them and used to use them reguarly but now refuses to use them with the current rules.
Too cold
Executioner

Post by Too cold »

TK's will be my second "large/complete" army after they get up-dated, until then DE's all the way. I am actually toying with an throgg/troll list for 1250points and a WE "tree" list for 750 points. But I am really hoping TK get a new book/models soon.
Too Cold

Only Khaine can judge me!
Bluemage
Slave on the Altar

Post by Bluemage »

I'm one of three tomb king players at my local games-workshop. But the collection of fantasy armies there is kind of strange. I've yet to see anyone there play O&G and only seems to be 1 empire player.
Painting goals of 2010, 100 models.
Currently 46 finished.