Nurgle Warhammer Fantasy Question

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Svarthofthi
Executioner
Location: Within the nightmare twists and turns of Hag Graef.

Nurgle Warhammer Fantasy Question

Post by Svarthofthi »

Does Nurgle have the power to raise people from the dead in fantasy like he does in 40k? If so, even as zombies, can you provide a source of information to prove this? If not, then I lose my argument. :/
"I have heard the call to power! Who of you can say you'd dare tread the same path as I?"
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

IN the WoC book, in the background story of Festus the leechlord (a special character), Nurgle speaks through some dead people.

Short version of the story, Festus was a doctor trying to cure some plague. He had some victims from the plague in his laboratory and tried to save them, but they all died. He got desperate and cried out for help. Then (quoting the book here) "one by one, the slack-jawed corpses in Festus' laboratory turned their heads to look at him. With one voice [they asked him to sell his soul]." Anyway, the voice was Nurgle's, so he did sort of bring them back to life.
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

there is also a piece of fluff in the 6th edition hordes of chaos book aboud a chaos lord who gets ressurected by nurgle...
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

there is also a piece of fluff in the 6th edition hordes of chaos book aboud a chaos lord who gets ressurected by nurgle...

Yep. IIRC his name was Valnir the Reaper. He was in the old Champoins of Chaos book.
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)