What magic item would you have?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ebonyphoenix
Noble

What magic item would you have?

Post by Ebonyphoenix »

I came across this question in another forum, and it seemed appropriate to bring it to the devious minds hanging out here.

Simply put, if you could have any single magic item from any current army book or the 8th edition BRB and bring it into the world today, what would you take and why?

For such things as ranged or limited use items, assume that they have unlimited ammo/refill over time. (So Hydra Teeth and Potions of Strength refill after a while.)

I know I'd have a hard time choosing just one, as I would want to mess with people's minds in too many ways.

Taking the Folding Fortress and opening it right in front somebody's home would be completely hilarious. Even funnier would be dropping it on the entry steps to the U.S. Congress or on Broadway in New York City. :twisted:

Then again, I might prefer the Pendant of Khaeleth so I can do as one person suggested and deliberately run into trucks barreling down the highway. I'd pull of the superhero standard of leaving your body shape as an indentation in the grill. :lol:

I’d also gladly take the Ring of Volans from the Empire. Just keep rubbing it like a genie lamp until the random spell becomes something useful, and VOILA! Imagine somebody’s face as you randomly morph into a Fire Dragon. :twisted: Course, that might result in missles being shot at me by the military... :(

Now, as people will naturally think of combinations that they can put together, I’m going to list mine first.

Personally, I would go all out in proper Druchii style. Armour of Darkness, Pendant of Khaeleth, Lifetaker, Executioner’s Axe, and Cloak of Twilight. Use the Cloak to generate a spectral steed, and I’ve just become an indestructible Juggernaut with the capability to single-handedly cleave through tanks, buildings, bomb shelters, and any other inconveniences that happen to cross my path. Dye the Cloak of Twilight black, and I’ve just become Death with an attitude. :lol:

So, what would you take?

*Apologies to mods if this is in the wrong forum, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else that I could see.*
"Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup"

My motto: Whether I win, lose, or draw the game; I win as long as my opponent has pulled their hair out by the end of the game. :twisted:

Honoring Khaine since March 2003.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

A focus familiar would be very handy: help you see around corners, listen in on private conversations and other possibilities ;)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Guinea pig hydra
Executioner

Post by Guinea pig hydra »

Do Gifts of Chaos count? :P
Druchii - For the joy of stabbing a High Elf in the face.
Mennorach
Beastmaster
Location: on the wrong side of a town in the middle of Finland

Post by Mennorach »

Black amulet would be an interesting item to have.

It would protect me from the unkindness of the world, hit back if necessary and its small enough to always carry around.

That or the armour of eternal servitude for an eternity to screw with people and think of a wiser choice..
"If they're better at the game than you are, change the rules."
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

The know all spell lore from any source, vamp power, HE book whatever.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Ebonyphoenix
Noble

Post by Ebonyphoenix »

Guinea Pig Hydra wrote:Do Gifts of Chaos count? :P

Why not? They sure act like them, even if they technically aren't by GW ruling.

Meteor wrote:The know all spell lore from any source, vamp power, HE book whatever.

The only problem is that you aren't actually a wizard. You would probably make a killing as a scholar and instructor of insanely powerful magic though.
Now, if you could combine the Vamp power with the Wizard's Hat with consistant results... :D
"Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup"

My motto: Whether I win, lose, or draw the game; I win as long as my opponent has pulled their hair out by the end of the game. :twisted:

Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

Stormbanner: Pop it during winter for a guaranteed can't-make-it-to-work-I'm-snowed-in day.

Moonstone of the Hidden Ways: Because who doesn't want to teleport from Point A to Point B quickly...

Flying Carpet: Um, because it flies?

Banner of Naggaroth: Because it would look good hanging on my wall.

I can't say I'm really that big on armor and weapons. If I wanted to go destroy things, I'd enlist ;).
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Guinea pig hydra
Executioner

Post by Guinea pig hydra »

EbonyPhoenix wrote:
Guinea Pig Hydra wrote:Do Gifts of Chaos count? :P

Why not? They sure act like them, even if they technically aren't by GW ruling.

Cool. Distendable Maw then. "I don't like you." Om nom nom nom.
Druchii - For the joy of stabbing a High Elf in the face.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

That's easy. The wizard's hat, of course!

Spellcasting, yay! :D

But the Cloak of Twilight is also cool. Or one of those items, that make you ethereal. ;)

Bye
Thanee

P.S. moved to the more generic Warhammer Fantasy Discussion, as it is not really a Druchii topic. :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Empire's Van Horstmann mirror could be fun.
Or Mask of Terror (for Halloween only).

Well, you know what?
You know you play too much warhammer when...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Desmodeus
Executioner

Post by Desmodeus »

Vampire Counts: Cloak of Mist and Shadows: Imagine what you could do as an etherel being? Especially as you could take it off as you pleased!

(I can't find my rulebooks, so I may have the names wrong!)
Anast: Ws4 S3 T3 D4 I4 0G
Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, lock-picks, choke-wire
Skills: Basic Stealth, Wilderness Lore
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

The Horned One from the Lizardmen magic items list. Make millions off of "discovering" a living dinosaur ;)
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Ebonyphoenix
Noble

Post by Ebonyphoenix »

Tethlis wrote:The Horned One from the Lizardmen magic items list. Make millions off of "discovering" a living dinosaur ;)

The fun part would be acting all mysterious as to where you "discovered" it. It would drive scientists crazy as for all they know, you found an entire colony and refuse to state how to get there for study.

Then again, having crazy, maniacal scientists focused on you as the cause of frustration cannot end well. I'm pretty sure they "hav vays of making you talk."

Outbreak
Trainee Warrior

Post by Outbreak »

cloak of the dunes from tomb kings book so i can fly.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

hmm... Wizard's Hat.
I love magic too much.
Stupidity? Nah, it would be the syndrome of "ooooooh shiny"
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Burizan
Beastmaster

Post by Burizan »

cloak of shadows - all your transport problems solved!
The virgin forest
Black Guard

Post by The virgin forest »

I take the Flying Carpet. I fail to see the point in force fields, unfashionable hats, mirrors that aren't allowed in boxing rings, vandalizing architecture and/or archaic suits of armour.

Though a hellfire blade/frostblade combo would be nice for setting up a good barbecue on the beach.

But a flying carpet would be practical, fun, amorous and make even Bill Gates green with envy. And should you hit rock-bottom you'd always be able to set up a taxi service in Baghdad :)
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Any item that gives regeneration: imagine how cool a party trick it would be to cut your arm off and then show it growing back :) Of course, it would suck if you failed the regen test and it just stayed there, as a stump :/
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
The virgin forest
Black Guard

Post by The virgin forest »

I don't know the parties you frequent, but in my circles I sincerely doubt, it would get people in a good party mood ;)
Darktan
Cold One Knight

Post by Darktan »

The Virgin Forest wrote:I don't know the parties you frequent, but in my circles I sincerely doubt, it would get people in a good party mood ;)

It would be one hell of a magic trick though :p
Ebonyphoenix
Noble

Post by Ebonyphoenix »

No, no, no. What you do is put the regeneration item (preferably a talisman, not a suit of armour) on a chicken, cow, or other favorite source of protein.

*In the news*
MAN SOLVES WORLD HUNGER, SAYS:

"Behold, I have created INFINITE DRUMSTICKS!"

:P

Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Cloak of shadows would be awesome...

Well other than looking like a complete twit wearing a cloak anyway. But being able to fly around and swap places with other people... Much more useful than something killy or protective. The radiant gem or swome other sorcery imbuing thing would be nice but I'm not sure I'd want to risk the miscast (I don't know how many wounds I have and I'm not really keen to find out) !eek!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Just make the cloak into a stylish jacket; I am sure it would work just as well.

If attributes and the like count I would go for being alter kindred. Want to fly? No problem, I will just turn into a duck for the afternoon. Someone tries to mug me, no problem, just turn into a bear for a few moments. All this without mentioning the promising career in Vegas (so long as I don't get kidnapped and experimented on by the government).
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

There's also a dwarven rune which turns a hammer to a boomerang: the major rune of flight. Could be fun in a circus.
There is another major rune of camouflage: invisibility for a warmachine, until someone arrives at 3" or if you move. Handy at war.

But there is one magic item which beats everything previously seen in this thread.
It's a magic terrain: the dwarven brewery! :P :D 8)

Also, a dragon egg, see if you can clone it and raise a dragon farm. That would be cool...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Calisson wrote:Also, a dragon egg, see if you can clone it and raise a dragon farm. That would be cool...
Baby dragons are cute.

Emo teenage dragons the size of a house... not so cute.

The von carstein ring would be nice to wear while riding my motorcycle. Then I wouldn't have to be so careful of cars. :D