Nagash

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Nagash

Post by Thraundil »

Gidean wrote:
Ampao wrote:Nagash rules: http://imgur.com/a/KMeX0

So you could use him as your only lord character in a 4000 point game. Yeah that will happen a lot. My friends refuse to play even 3000 point games.

I played a 4k points game once, and wound up losing 'cos I forgot about the cauldron special rules (first game with the new book xD )

But I'd love for some of my regulars to play larger scale battles. Problem is just, though. In that large games, the movement phase means less and less, as more of the board is covered with units. The movement finesse sort of goes.

Sick rules for him though. He can essentially guarantee a spell to be cast, and then avoid dimensional cascade... And knowing 9 spells, its not even that big of a deal if he loses some due to power drain xD plus, noones gonna want to mess with him in melee. Expect a lot of firepower to come his way.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Reserving judgement on the model (other than to note that it's clearly better than the World's Most Giant Skull-Clown version).

As for rules... he's what you'd expect from a 1,000-point model. The real kicker is going to be the Lore of Undeath. I'll be curious to see what he can do with those spells.

...although given the title of the one spell we know about, I'm guessing someone's going to do a Blackest Night-themed Undead army, with a few conversions to Nagash to make him into Nekron.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Supposedly he's going to be introduced in a story driven scenario...

Tomb Kings vs. Nagash

Yes, he's going to be riding solo against an army (even as bad as Tomb Kings... a few well aimed skulls dropped on his skeletal frame can do the trick)

There's nothing to say it won't be possible to use him in smaller games. For all we know he always starts solo and summons the rest of the army as the game progresses.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

They've been building up to Nagash's resurrection in-game since the Vampire Counts book was released (and built on it further in Sigmar's Blood and the Dwarfs book).

I'm hoping for a Storm of Chaos Redux-style event.

Dalamar wrote:Yes, he's going to be riding solo against an army (even as bad as Tomb Kings... a few well aimed skulls dropped on his skeletal frame can do the trick)

Even a boosted Shem's Burning Gaze can hurt a lot.
Last edited by Haagrum on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

eh, he's T7... he can take even boosted shem's without a lot of damage.
7th edition army book:

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Dalamar wrote:eh, he's T7... he can take even boosted shem's without a lot of damage.

Banishment baby!
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Dalamar wrote:eh, he's T7... he can take even boosted shem's without a lot of damage.

Eeek, I misread that...

We don't have a lot that can dent this guy, short of a Light Council approach (which, in a 4k battle vs Undead, may be viable).

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Haagrum wrote:

Eeek, I misread that...

We don't have a lot that can dent this guy, short of a Light Council approach (which, in a 4k battle vs Undead, may be viable).

Well. Volume of attacks should do it, I'd say. And he will fear witch elves as well. But yeah... If you know you're gonna be playing vs Nagash, the only real option is light council and possibly a LOT of shooting to chip those last few wounds off. With lore of vampires, he will be healing himself all day long. But at 4k points, if so much is invested in him, dark elves can easily field a lvl 4 and 3 lvl 1 light wizards. Stick a power scroll on the lvl 4, and you're looking at a good enough threat to force Nagash into hiding. Meanwhile, your black dragon flies around eating zombies for dinner. And your two witch elf hordes munch on ghouls, since nothing can flee from their charges! :badh:
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Zarb
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Zarb »

He's got lore of undeath listed, what's that? New lore for him perhaps? Lore of nehe-something and lore of vamps are listed as well
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

You'd need 4 light wizards for light council to make sense... Soooo not worth it.
7th edition army book:

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Dalamar wrote:You'd need 4 light wizards for light council to make sense... Soooo not worth it.

Nagash: 1k

DE light council: 635 points, 3 various scrolls, and effectively forces the guy to hide. I dont see the problem :P
Also, imagine a feedbacks croll on that guy after he 10-dices a spell.
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Killing Nagash

Derp!

We have 1000 points of tools to apply in a 4000+ point game.

Approach 1) Bring me the Head of Nagash!

The Dark Lord of the Undead was last banished from this plane by the Fellblade. A weapon forged by the craven skaven Council of 13 and pressed into the hands of a human assassin.

The Fellblade was S10, D6 wounds, doing 1 wound to the wielder on a failed Ld roll (taken every turn). Can the Dark Elves do any better? Yes they can; a Chillblade of Har Kaldra wielded by a Cloaked Lord -- doing no damage to the bearer, who is an elite warrior rather than a puny human, whilst protecting him from the magic of the Dark Lord.

- Supreme Sorceress, Ring of Hotek, Dispel Scroll
For dispelling, using dispel scroll; tries to cause miscasts while hexing/sniping from the Warlocks

- Dreadlord, Pegasus, Cloak of Twilight, Chillblade
Higher Initiative, 4 attacks, Re-rolls to hit, Auto-wounds, D3 wounds, chance of reducing return attacks

- Dreadlord, Pegasus, Relic Sword, Black Amulet, Charmed Shield, Other Tricksters Shard
Higher Initiative, 4 attacks, Re-rolls to hit, Wounds on 5s (re-rolling 1s), deflects wounds in challenge (use second combat turn), forces ward save re-roll

- Supporting Warlocks

Engage ASAP with combi charge from flyers to try and destroy the abomination in one turn. If not, Amulet Peglord has chance of deflecting his caused wounds against himself.

Approach 2) Clash of the End Times!

The greatest and oldest Lord and Lady of the Elves take to the battlefield to put down this stripling degenerate human-spawned usurper in a clash that will echo through the ages...

- Morathi
Flies around dispelling and hexing/vortexing Nagash. If circumstances get desperate, can join close combat in an attempt to drain his combat prowess further through Enchanting Beauty or the Darksword and Heartrender.

- Malekith, Cold One
Charges in and uses Destroyer to destroy Nagash's prized heirlooms and Wizard level.

The ultimate clash of the Titans. Malekith and Morathi's combined spellpower (+5/+D3 to cast with Dark) versus Nagash's Level 5, 9 spells. Malekith's Circlet of Iron for support and Supreme Spellshield to rebound spells. Malekith leading a charge of his Knights into the Undying One to relieve him of his magical treasures. Malekith taking one for the team and dying straight after (he's only taking a holiday in the realm of chaos, folks!). A supporting character from the remaining 3k is charged with landing the coup de grace on a now weakened Necro Lord!

Approach 3) For the Glory of Khaine!

The blood maddened matriarch of Har Ganeth takes the field to claim her greatest prize...

- Hellebron
For inflicting grevious bodily harm on Nagash. Amulet of Fire for +4 to dispel.

- Death Hag, Cauldron, Relic Sword, Rune of Khaine
For assisting with inflicting grevious bodily harm on Nagash. Cauldron for ward saves, bound spell and MR.

- Witch Horde
For an avalanche of poisoned attacks and chewing through the inevitably raised army of skeletons and zombies that inevitably accompany the Dark Lord of Undeath.

- Assassin, AHW, Manbane, Glittering Scales, OTS
For tag-teaming with Hellebron to bring down the Monstrosity.

An unsophisticated approach; the Cult of Murder rumbles across the battlefield attempting to engage the Necromancer Colossus without being turned into magical mulch on the way in.

Approach 4) Bones are Crunchy, Bones have Marrow!

Grub's Up!

- High Beastmaster, Scroungerunner, Relic Sword, Black Amulet, Charmed Shield, OTS
Runs about shooting the Undying One and doing him the indignity of dragging him into rocks and off cliffs! Before moving in for the kill...

- Stacey, Tracy & Honeygumdrops (3 K-Beasts)
It's time to Feast on Some Bones!

For the childlike joy of seeing a kind of Mothra/Godzilla or Melkoth/Ungoliant clash on your tabletop!

All possible routes to taking his head. But with his spell choice, magic abilities, constantly raising the dead and 3000 points of support ...far easier said than done!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

New rumours from around the internet (to be read with a suspicious eye as usual):

Releases:

Warhammer: Nagash - 2 hardback books in a slip case. €65

Book 1: 296 page fluff book detailing the return of Nagash and events that affect every Warhammer race.

Book 2: 96 page book containing rules for Nagash, new miniatures, the Lore of Undeath, Undead Legion, fighting underground and more apparently.

Nagash - no mention of him being a dual kit, rules are included in the box. €85(!!)

Magic Cards

Nagash Novel

What the background in the WD tell us:
- I hope you didn't like Kislev, because there is no longer a Kislev.
- Archaon advance have been stalled by Vlad under the order of Nagash (the Empire was in major trouble).
- Nagash goes fighting to unite the Tomb Kings and VC (one of the scenario pictured in WD translate into "the Fall of Settra").

Regarding miniatures/rules:
- Nagash is magnificent, and very very tall thanks to his flying posture (he is supported by a bunch of souls).
- But he's not that massive overall, I have no idea how he managed to reach the 85€ pricetag.
- Not a dual kit.
- No other models that week, but the ones serving under him are hinted at the end of WD for the week after (so I suppose Vlad and that Arkhan dude, note that I know the WFB lore very poorly).
- As people expected, the new magic lore appear to work like Demonology for 40k (except with undead).
- Rules are changing with that extension, 50% lords for example.l

Make of that what you will.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Becoming more and more intriguing. Will have to make a GW trip this weekend.
Khaleth Blackheart
Would-be Seerlord or Quack doctor

Post by Khaleth Blackheart »

I'm liking the new way the fluffs going :)
Plus their bringing Vlad back :) hope he gets some better rules/price drop, to make him fielded more, always preferred his fluff to th rest of the Von Carsteins.
Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

From the new rules, Lord are at 50% with Nagash's "Event".

so, he can be taken in a 2000 pts game.

also, his new lore works like 40k daemonology, which means, alot of new units and such on the table as game advance.
Payce
Executioner

Post by Payce »

We're getting a new lore, guys. Curiously, this suddenly applies to us as well.

Some more leaks here.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Hmm... will have to get my hands on the deck then... Get some more use out of my new tomb king army :P

But there is no way I am paying that exorbitant price they are asking for the story/rule books. Nuh uh.
7th edition army book:

Kreol
Brush Master

Post by Kreol »

And some more VC releases:

http://smallscalestudios.com/end-nigh-n ... rettyPhoto

I'm looking forward to see this stuff on game boards :D
So GooD To Be EviL!!
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

^^Impressive!

He will be surely taking some cannonballs to the face with that profile !lol!

The uber-mount (whatever the hell it is) looks better with Neferata and Arkhan than Mannfred IMO.

Last edited by T.D. on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Oh myyyyy.

Good job I am devoted to Khaine, so so tempting.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Conversion opportunities are mind-boggling.

...and there are rumours of new models of other races (including ours) being released over the coming months of "The End Times".

I'm excited to see how the new Undead will end up playing. If you combine the strengths of Tomb Kings (Necrolith Colossus, Sphinxes, Screaming Skulls, Ark of the Covenant, Sepulchral Stalkers, Chariots, Skeleton archers) with that of Vampire Counts and then add the new Nagash and friends on top ...you have one hard to beat army!
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Honestly combining Tomb Kings with Vampire Counts won't make a harder army. There really is nothing Tomb Kings have that Vampires don't, or better.

What I am excited for is the rumor I've heard today... that there's
Warhammer End Times: Malekith down the line.

What I'm not excited for is the price tag it will come with...
7th edition army book:

Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Every Wizard in the game will be able to field the Lore of Undeath. I wonder if it will be any good? Could easily replace Waagh Magic for Orcs and Goblins. :)

OOOHH! Cool army idea! Savage Orcs painted white with skull like face paint representing Shun-Tuk from Terry Goodkind's Richard and Kahlan series. Lead by mysterious Shaman wielding occult powers.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Dalamar wrote:What I am excited for is the rumor I've heard today... that there's
Warhammer End Times: Malekith down the line.

What I'm not excited for is the price tag it will come with...

Hope we get new rules for ol' Mally with it !lol!

Gidean wrote:OOOHH! Cool army idea! Savage Orcs painted white with skull like face paint representing Shun-Tuk from Terry Goodkind's Richard and Kahlan series. Lead by mysterious Shaman wielding occult powers.

Reminds me of: