Any new rpg?

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Any new rpg?

Post by Narmo eressea »

I want to join but even if I read the rules I am a bit lost.
For the Shadow King, you shall die, druchii scum!
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

please explain if you are lost with what RPG is, or how to join? and i will try to help you out.
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

I want to know hot to join the next RPG that is done.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

go into character creation and make a thread with a character and his skills and background. In character creation there is a thread to help you with this and tell you what to include.

Then you sit it out and check your thread every now and then, mods of groups can edit it at the bottom adding suggestions to your background etc, and eventually a mod of a group will PM you an invitation to a new group.

Group 20 is looking for players so you might get in if you make a character now.
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

Thanks. I will make a Shadow warrior.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

erm... there are 3 characters you can chose from, dark elf warrior, shade and trainee of khaine.

see here http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=39024
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

Shade could serve as basic stats but fluffwise be a Shadow warrior.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

shadow warriors are high elves. That kind of thing isnt tolerated here.

:lol:
Kensou
Black Guard

Post by Kensou »

IIRC Ilokirs character is a high elf
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

Would this be okay?:

-Character Name: Narmo Eressea
-Character Height and Weight: 1, 75 m, 65 kg
-Character Age: 120
-Other Descriptions: Raven Black hair, green eyes, dark cloak, grey robes. He carries the normal survival items used in the forests.
-Character Class: Shade
-Character Background:

Narmo was the youngest son of the house Eressea in Nagarythe. All his life he fantasized with the old tales of the greatest hero the Asur had known: Alith Anar, the lord of Nagarythe, the figure which haunted Narmo´s dreams.

One day the household of Eressea was utterly destroyed when Malekith launched his last attack from Anlec to those loyal to the Phoenix Throne in his former kingdom. Even if the warriors were bolstered with the remnants of the defenders of Anlec, where Eltharion was captured, nothing could be done to avoid the massacre.

Narmo swore to never give peace to the druchii for what had happened and joined a group of Shadow warriors and learned the basics of survival in the wild lands. One day news arrived. Eltharion was alive and the rumours said that Anar himself was with him in Naggaroth. Narmo having no objective save avenging his brethen spent all his money and bought a boat to sail towards the cursed land.

He would find the truth of the rumours that said that Anar was alive, even if he had to live between the druchii.

-Weapon Skill (WS): 4
-Strength (S): 2
-Toughness (T): 4
-Dexterity (D): 4
-Intelligence (I): 4

-Starting skills: Basic Stealth.

-Starting equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

looks ok, you need to actually post this in the character creation thread though.
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

Narmo Eressea, as it stands, your character is unacceptable in this RPG. I've left suggestions on your post in the Character Creation Thread, please read them.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to put on your post is that your character is 120, and it has been hundreds of years since Malekith defected. You character's grandfather may have not been alive when this happened, let alone your character :P
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

Javert wrote:Narmo Eressea, as it stands, your character is unacceptable in this RPG. I've left suggestions on your post in the Character Creation Thread, please read them.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to put on your post is that your character is 120, and it has been hundreds of years since Malekith defected. You character's grandfather may have not been alive when this happened, let alone your character :P

I didn´t refer to the Sundering but to the last incursion by Malus darkblade and malekith in which they defeated Eltharion in Anlec.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Narmo Eressea wrote:He would find the truth of the rumours that said that Anar was alive, even if he had to live between the druchii.

...upon arriving on the shores of Naggaroth, he was brutally murdered by the Druchii Welcoming Committee.

Seriously, at least make mention of an (attempt at) subterfuge. My character (Vryala) would never knowingly fight alongside a High Elf.

BTW, don't I know you from Asur.org? I remember a Narmo participated in the Hour of the Wolf campaign. Same guy? If so, hi again :lol:
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

Raneth wrote:
BTW, don't I know you from Asur.org? I remember a Narmo participated in the Hour of the Wolf campaign. Same guy? If so, hi again :lol:

Let me think... an arrogant guy who overacted all? :) Yep. I think I am him. How are you Raneth?

I changed the character for I was told I couldn´t play an asur (which was obvious would behave as a druchii to get its goals done). I just simply changed things a little.

-Character Name: Narmo Eressea
-Character Height and Weight: 1, 75 m, 65 kg
-Character Age: 120
-Other Descriptions: Raven Black hair, green eyes, dark cloak, grey robes. He carries the normal survival items used in the forests.
-Character Class: Shade
-Character Background:

Narmo was the youngest son of the house Eressea in Naggaroth. All his life he was terrorized with the old tales of the biggest threat the Druchii had known: Alith Anar, the ghost of Nagarythe, the figure which haunted Narmo´s dreams.

One day the household of Eressea was utterly destroyed when Eltharion and Anar himself launched an attack against his people. Even if their warriors were bolstered with an important numer of Executioners from Har Ganeth, nothing could be done to avoid the massacre.

Narmo swore to never give peace to the commanders of that force for what had happened and joined a group of Shades in order to learn the basics of survival in the wild lands.

Narmo wandered through Naggaroth in that process for he could not stay anywhere for a long time. He was considered too weak for the druchii society. In his heart he didn´t have the feelings of the other druchii. He didn´t want to kill, steal, or lie to obtain power and riches, he just wanted vengeance. And what finer form of vengeance could there be that robbing Anar the Stone of midnight or the Shadow Crown?

-Weapon Skill (WS): 4
-Strength (S): 2
-Toughness (T): 4
-Dexterity (D): 4
-Intelligence (I): 4

-Starting skills: Basic Stealth.

-Starting equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Hearthrender wrote:Shadow warriors are high elves. That kind of thing isn't tolerated here.

Kensou wrote:IIRC Ilokirs character is a high elf

And I'm pretty sure Ashnari Doomsong's character was HE too. IIRC there was even an undead character in one of the first rpg's here on D.net. Imo, it is far more easy to play a High Elf than an Undead. Secondly, it mounts the tension of the story because of the imminent threat of exposure.

As for Narmo' character, I think you really have to explain why a noble's son (I hope I am correct here) should join up with a band of shades, and why they have accepted him. It's not a logical carreerstep for a noble to do, imo. As for the shades, it would only be a burden to drag a noble with them through the wild, unless they have a common cause.
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

Ilokir Lúinwë wrote:
Hearthrender wrote:Shadow warriors are high elves. That kind of thing isn't tolerated here.

Kensou wrote:IIRC Ilokirs character is a high elf

And I'm pretty sure Ashnari Doomsong's character was HE too. IIRC there was even an undead character in one of the first rpg's here on D.net. Imo, it is far more easy to play a High Elf than an Undead. Secondly, it mounts the tension of the story because of the imminent threat of exposure.

As for Narmo' character, I think you really have to explain why a noble's son (I hope I am correct here) should join up with a band of shades, and why they have accepted him. It's not a logical carreerstep for a noble to do, imo. As for the shades, it would only be a burden to drag a noble with them through the wild, unless they have a common cause.

Gain riches? There is a druchii mercenary character and his followers can be considered shades. And Narmo goes towards the big prize Morathi has offered for the Stone of midnoght.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Our current system is geared towards Druchii, so I'd prefer it if we could all stay on the Druchii side of things. People who already have characters from other races can keep them —we're not going on the whole "purge everything" vector— but new characters should be Druchii. This is a Druchii RPG after all and, as said, our system is based on and made for Druchii.
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

I din't think it was worth it to start an ew thread so I'l just ask her.
Are there any rpg's going to start in the near future? I hope so...
Thanks

kajchi
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

kajchi wrote:I din't think it was worth it to start an ew thread so I'l just ask her.
Are there any rpg's going to start in the near future? I hope so...
Thanks

kajchi

I have the same question. I have only resently (Whilist reading thorugh the adventures of Malus Darkblade) Discovered the majesty of Dark elves, and want to get involved. I would Do WAR but cant afford to and the rpg system you guys have allows for much more creativity.

SO when will a new rpg group be set up as i REALLY want to play!!!!
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Welcome to the community.

There are two main ways that characters can be asked to join a group: either an existing group needs more players, or a new group is starting.

When a new group will be set up is anyone's guess. Each host has a group, so a new group starts when a new host applies and is selected. To the best of my knowledge, no-one's currently applying, so no-one is forming a group.

Sorry to disappoint you, there. ;)