Number of active Characters

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Number of active Characters

Post by Cananatra »

The general rule for some time has been one character per player in one group. You can also mod a group if you have the time. The logic behind it, as far as I recall, was to allow room for players without a group into a new group.

Now, we have groups popping up faster than we have new players over the last while, and this has resulted in a slight bending of that rule as people take a second character to flesh out these new groups. I'm not against this incidentally.

I'd like to suggest the rules be amended. You can have a second character in the pool, however mods should give consideration to ungrouped players and only choose the extra characters to fill out slots or if they feel they are really needed for group balance.

What does everyone think?
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I joined D.net recently, from a different RP home where I had developed 6 different Druchii characters. 3 of these fitted nicely with the RP format so I posted their backgrounds in the CC thread with the understanding that I could only RP with one of them at a time. I started RPing with one, then got invited to another group with a second character.

I agree with you Cananatra that you can have a second character in the pool to be used as a "reserve", or maybe more so that a GM can choose which of your characters would suit his or her adventure best.

I would say though that a person only joins 2 RP groups, and only then if they can be active and maintain the level of quality in their posts you would expect to see if they only had 1 character to RP with. Otherwise it is not fair on the Mod or rest of the group.

And yes, always use up characters who aren't yet in any groups first.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

22 views and only 1 reply.
I know you lot cant be shy so voice the aul opinions.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Cananatra wrote:22 views and only 1 reply.
My bad (partial). Viewed 5 or 6 times. Planned to reply. Disliked my post. Deleted. Redid. Redeleted.

Basically, if new players are plenty and mods are scarce, then the rule is necessary.
If mods are plenty and players are scarce, then there is a good reason to allow those players eager to RP more often to get more chances to do so.

Not sure to be clear. At least that is some answer. ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Second that... Since there ain't too many new players, we can as well just give the people who wants more RP the opportunity to do so. But I will say as well, that we have to try getting new players to play before players already in an rpg...
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Just so long as people without an RPG are given priority over those already in one I have no objection but people should be sure that they have enough time and commitment to the RPG before taking on a second group. Some will and some won’t. Likewise I don't really mind people having more than one character in the pool (though they should ideally remove all of them once one is picked unless looking for more than one RPG) so long as they are all in one post.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation