Any groups running thin or new groups on the horizon?

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Any groups running thin or new groups on the horizon?

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Hi all, just was curious if any groups have had an unfortunate string of deaths/inactivity and were needing players or if any groups were to be started within the next few weeks? Really interesting to get back into some decent RPing. Just reply or PM me if so, thanks!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Nice character in the creation thread.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

^this^ is ironically both a complement and the best way of getting into a group :)

joking aside though my group (group 34) is running thin on the ground at the moment and I'll probably be looking for new players soon.
Opus vos liberaverit
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Thanks, I had a lot of fun thinking him up
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Went ahead and made a second character in the CC thread. I understand that people can only really play with one character but I did this to give group mod's a bit of a choice. Also, after reading over a few of the group's thread, I found that corsair-like players seemed to be a dime a dozen. I figured a demi-mage might be something interesting to introduce!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Jcitalia4 wrote:I understand that people can only really play with one character
Many do play with 2 characters. Approval must be sought, and proven dedication to D.net is necessary.

Nice fluff for your characters.
Strange to see a WS3 S4 warrior and a WS4 S3 khainite, when WS5 S5 would be so useful. But why not?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Thanks, yeah I thought on that but I found I couldn't really match that with the stories I had come up with for them (both requiring a higher intelligence) and also with the skills I think the characters would probably work towards through an adventuring storyline. Looking forward to trying them out.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Tarrakhash
Slave on the Altar

Re: Any groups running thin or new groups on the horizon?

Post by Tarrakhash »

Not sure this is the best thread for it but don't want to go and crash the Group 42 OOC thread without asking and I can't send private messages yet but are there still groups open to new characters? Looks like Group 42 is the only one at the moment, or are there any new groups that might get formed? I have no problem playing a solo thread as well, I'm contemplating playing a young talented warrior who is not a noble, or attached to a noble house so he really will be young and unattached with nothing but his skill with the blade and the repeater bow to help him.

Also, does Dex determine how good you are at shooting the Repeating Crossbow, or just WS? I know some of the skills require both but I'm asking in general.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi, Tarrakhash.
We're a little low on running RPG at the moment, only Gr42 active anymore.
Just post once more and you should be able to PM, for example to Marchosias.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Hi Tarrakhash,

yes, there is some space in Group 42. What is better, we are at a perfect moment for writing in new characters - one is joining right now, we can use his way to get your character in the story, as well. Coming up with a reason why would a new character join the existing group is always difficult but it should be doable for a young ambitions warrior. It would make my life far easier, though, if he was not a brute force type. Searinox from the current cast is OK, for example, but Dolan might cause some trouble. There is a stealth mission coming (well, if the players do not make me rethink the whole story, of course :) ).

Dou you have any experience with written RPGs? This is somewhat different from what you see most often in that the posts are longer and less frequent. It is more about writing a story together and less similar to, say, DnD in a chatroom. Take a peak on other groups (42 or others, 22 was allegedly very good for example) and consider the length of all posts and their release dates.

In my mind, shooting is based primarily on Dexterity while WS is about close combat. Only if you try to shoot while someone is attacking you (in close combat or at range) will both the stats come in effect. However, I take those stats more as a statement about your character than a firm number. If you say you have strength 6 you let me know you want your character really strong and it is going to show but I rarely use something like the to-hit and to-wound table from WHFB rules. :) It is something like:

stat 3: average
stat 2: under average, but you can live with it
stat 1: really terrible, avoid actions based on it
stat 4: good, but there are many like you
stat 5: exceptional
stat 6 and more: rare levels, you will seldom, maybe never, find an equal

I hope I make sense, it is quite late here. :)
Tarrakhash
Slave on the Altar

Post by Tarrakhash »

Yes, a quick glance at Group 42's last two pages shows that I'd be more than able to get a new character in. I could simply arrive with the newcomer's forces and then find some reason to tag along with the party. In terms of length I've been doing play by post RPG's for more than a decade and will typically put up at least two to three paragraphs, which seems to be about average for you guys so I'm not too worried about that.

I'm very happy for this to be a 'black box' situation where I'm not aware of what mechanics you use, even if it is just to use them as a bench mark. I seldom play brute force types, it is more likely to be a typical Dark Elf warrior, agile, cunning and spiteful. I'm assuming I'm using the standard character creation details? I'll try and have the character done by tomorrow but it is my longest day at work so likely will be tomorrow night or Tuesday night my time...I'm looking forward to it already.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Tarrakhash wrote:I'm assuming I'm using the standard character creation details?

Use the standard procedure with one exception: you have 19 points to spread between your stats and can choose one skill extra. Some of the characters have already lived through a lengthy adventure where they progressed and this is to keep the party on the same level. Besides, skills are cool. :)
Warlord arskittar
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Warlord arskittar »

If this is threadromancy I am sorry.....however I didn't want to make another thread when one is already here!

Are there any groups open and running, as if so, I would love to get involved.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Hi, thanks for the interest!
Kinslayer is contemplating starting a new group so try contacting him. If you do not reach an agreement, write me - I am leading a group and might be able to fit you in. :)