Group 11

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

IC: Lex slowly made his way around the shade in order to look for any other sentries. Thankfully his search was fruitless, but atleast it meant that he got a look around the area immediate to the little camp. Much better to be needlessly paranoid than needlessly dead methinks. Lextalionis felt in his element in the mountains. It had been a while since he had been this far from the city and he had never been this far north, but this was the country of his youth. Lex slowed down his return a bit as he thought about the things that being back in this terrain made him feel. He did miss the openness of the land and the quite atmosphere, but he no longer had a place in this land. He was disowned from his family and a solitary existance would be something that Lex did not feel the need to experience. Better not daydream any more, I have this strange half-caste as a distraction... Killing the sentry was quick and easy, almost boring for Lex, the poor sod probably didn't even know what happened. Lex broke cover without a word and propped the sentry, still only in his youth(taking a little licence), up just incase he was visible to someone unseen watcher. Lex was about to keep walking but remember Diana was there and addressed her with uncharactistically dead eyes. That boy must have f'ed something up to get sentry duty up here, lets go kill some more unfortunates shall we? With that Lex began making his way down the path towards the direction of the village, trying to stay behind cover as much as possible.

OOC: He said f'ed for the benefit of any kiddies that may read this.
Lextalionis
Shade
WS:5 S:2 T:4 D:5 I:3
Basic Stealth. Stealth. Precision Shot. Rapid Fire. Acrobatics
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

"Why not, maybe they will even provide some sport unlike that one." Diana motioned to the dead shade. Diana thought for a moment, surely it can't be this easy? As she moved to search the shades corpse she called down the path, "Lex check his crossbow, if we are lucky he will be carrying what we need"
Diana will search the shades corpse for money, magical crossbow bolts or anything else of interest before continuing down the path.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

IC: Lex made it a little way down the path before Diana replied. Mmm sport. Sport means there is an even contest... I'd rather not run the risk of death. Lex watched Diana go over the cooling corpse, looking for anything of value. Lets just kill the best we can, don't want them to have a chance at life if it means the loss of ours. Lex will wait for Diana and then continue down the path.
Lextalionis
Shade
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

IC: THe going proved harder than the group anticipated, and the horses quickly tired. Eventually they make it to the river where the terrain is slightly smotther. Taking time to survey their surroundings and the group traveled in silence, Dav began to wonder why they hadn't met any sentries. These were shade lands afterall...

All of a sudden four figures in the cloaks of shades materialized out of the woods. All of them were armed with repeater crossbows aimed at the parties various vital spots, and she got an uncomfortable feeling that they knew very well how to use them. Sure that she was about to die and desperatlely wishing their own shades were around to provid back-up, she was unable to collect her thoughts enough to respond to the ambushers. Luckly, not all of them reacted so slowly, and Rhythan and Kurlan made a reply that they were seeking trade. Hearing it, Dav knew it was the right choice. Even if things came to violence, as they likely would since they lacked anything valuable to trade with, it would be best right now to simply avoid dieing.

Since the others seemed to have things under control, she decided to hold her tounge. If she made herse3lf an unassuming figure, a body guard or the like, she woulod be better able to concentrate on this current threat, and attack if the situation called for it. Against shades on their home turf, she'd need all the advantage she could get...
Name: Dareth Hellscar
Class: Trainee of Khaine
Stats: WS5 S4 T3 D4 I2
Skills: Two weapon fighting, Uncontrolable frenzy
Equipment: Short sword, Dagger
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

OOC: Its recently become apparent to me that the quality and speed of posts here has diminished a great deal in the recent months. I put part of the blame on myself as my extended absence assuredly killed some of the energy from before, but I am hopeful that as we move into perhaps the grandest part of this RP we can get back on track. With only five of us left (Drak'Ne being MIA and soon to be removed if I do not hear from him quite soon), we should not only be able to maintain a steady posting speed, but also be able to work off each other to create some higher quality posts. By now I don't need to lecture anyone about how to play, you've all become great role players, some of you even moderating your own groups. I will say that higher quality posts will be more crucial now than ever before, as the best rewards (such as magic items, weapons, etc.) will be dished out on a performance basis from here on. As with before, I will often adjust my mod posts to fit the speed at which you all post; so naturally the party that posts more will accomplish more. I hope this will act as a little incentive to put the fire back under the group.

IC: Diana, Lex: Diana searches the shades' corpse and finds very little. A small flask of water, extra clips of bolts, and a small amount of dried meat. The shade is in fact quite young, perhaps 70 at the oldest. Just as Diana is about to give up, she comes across a small folded piece of paper. On it is written a letter:

Ikir,

I know how much you wished to come on the hunt with us, but you are still too young. You must learn patience and spend your time watching the village from the mountains as we all had to do at one point in our lives. It is a rite of passage and one day, when you are older and wiser, you will understand.

I will see you again soon my son.
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

Looking at the group of shades Kurlan quickly realised, that trying to fight them would likely end badly, they looked like they knew what they were doing. He held his arms up, in a gesture to show no ill will. We represent our client, and heard that your clan produces fine bolts, capable of great destruction, we wish to procure some of these. Now please, if you have any business sense, and you do not look stupid, stop pointing those weapons at us and take us to your uncle.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

An involuntary twinge of regret flickered briefly across Diana's face as she read the letter before she quashed it ruthlessly. Regret and sorrow are no fit emotions for a Druchii, she reminded herself before a small rebelious voice inside her head piped up, but you are not a true druchii.
Unnerved and uneasy Diana quickly stashed the water and food in her pouch and reloading her handbows with the shades spare ammunition. Once this was done she hurried quickly down the path to catch up with Lex and showed him the note, trying to mask from him the unease that still gripped her.
"I found this, I doubt it is important but I would value a second opinion."

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

OOC; Love the post count Fingol \m/.

IC: Lex slowly made his way down the path and as he did so he mulled over the task at hand. Killing the tribe would be fun, for Lex especially, misplaced retribution was a good salve for past wounds. He still bore a kernel of solid hatred, not the racial hatred he held for the Asur usurpers but one borne of personal circumstance; ejection from his clan and family. This tribe would feel the harvest that rejection of Lextalionis brings. Lex broke from his reverie when he heard Diana rushing behind him, he instinctually drew his dagger as proctection but it was unnecersary as Diana was alone and all was... safe. Lex sheathed his dagger so that he could read a scrap of paper that Diana handed him.

It read like one of the speeches that Lex, and every other young shade that has been or will come, had been given in his youth many dreams ago. The old fool had forgotten to tell his son to be vigilant. Lex shared a low laugh, with himself, at that thought. Diana finally spoke at that moment and Lex listened close. Diana was unsure with herself but Lex didn't have the time to guess at why. HA, of course it is unimportant! Why do we care about the words a father may have for his weakling son? Unless... unless you fancy yourself at a bit of guile, smoke and mirrors? We can pretend that we have a child hostage, injured and hidden. The father cant save his boy unless we tell him the exact location and... Are you following my thoughts Diana?
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

OOC: lol I hadn't noticed that and now I've spoiled it :evil:

IC: "And we pretend to trade his son for the bolts? It seems like a good plan, we would have to leg it pretty quickly afterwards though, and we would be lettign them know we are here. But they will find the body soon enough anyway." Diana summed up the options in her head and unable to make a decision bassed it onto Lex, "It's your plan so you call it."

Diana will wait for Lex to reach a decision and then follow his instructions.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

IC: Lex held the piece of paper in his hands silently as he listened to Diana's reply. They didn't really add anything new to Lex's decision making but the verbalisation of his thoughts was helpful. The plan andd it's possible consequences swam around in Lex's head until he finally came upon a decision. Any faked hostage taking would be hard enough, but then they would have to deal of a tribe of shades enraged by a promise of their son's life that couldn't be fulfilled. Lex threw the scrap to the ground and begun slinking his way down the hillside. Too hard for even us to get away cleanly with. Lets just kill as many as we can and grab what bolts that we can find... or whatever works best. The father's loving note now lay on the side of the path, rendered meaningless now the child was dead. Bad luck for him, I wonder if I'll kill him next.
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The decision made Diana followed Lex down the hillside, darting from cover to cover, bush to bush, tree to tree. She held a handbow in either hand, both loaded, ready to kill in an instant. Their best chance would be to go in quickly and kill all those that stood in their way before they could react. Simple enough, in theory anyway.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

OOC: Sorry for the delay in posts. I find it quite ironic that after I give a nice big lecture on how we need to speed things up again, I get swamped with tests the subsequent week and can't post on time. Anyway, on we go.

IC: Diana, Lex: You dart down the mountain with a simple plan in mind, find the bolts and kill everyone that gets in your way. Even while maintaining your stealth, the descent down the mountain takes you much less time than the climb up. You finally reach the base of the mountain and begin the half mile trek through the forest, in the direction of the village.

Staying out of sight, you travel until you are about 200 meters from the village and suddenly notice a pair of shades on patrol, not 50 meters from you. They seem pleasantly distracted, laughing quietly between one another and apparently reminiscing about something. The tree's here are thicker than they were at the edge of the forest, making a clear shot difficult from your current distance.

Kurlan, Dav, Rhyithan: The shade turns to Kurlan, the only one to respond to him. He gives Kurlan a quizzical look before motioning you to follow him. "Yes, we have such bolts. Come into the village and we can talk business."

Isak leads you into the village, a small and remote gathering of not 2 dozen huts. The people are hard at work preparing what appears to be some sort of feast, but everyone gives you suspicious looks as you ride by upon your fine steeds. You all dismount and are led into a tent, a humble abode that you assume belongs to Isak; as he addresses a woman, apparently his wife, to leave you alone. As soon as she leaves, saying hello to Isak's fellow guardsmen who have stationed themselves outside the tent opening as she passes, Isak addresses you again.

"You'll have to forgive me for holding you up like that. It is not often that we receive guests to our territory, let alone business men. In fact, the last outsider to come to our village was a despicable pirate by the name of Vilepaw. He stole much from our village, and Tabok himself tracked him down and slew him."

"But enough idle chatter, as you can see we are in the midst of preparing for a great feast, and I do not wish to linger on business too long. Unfortunately, Tabok will not be back till tonight; he is currently on a great hunt that will supply the food for our feast, and thusly you will have to deal with me. The bolts that you are searching for are incredibly powerful, and held in high value by our clan. Each bolt is inscribed with magic by Tabok's own wife, a process which takes many moons to complete. You can see then why such an item will cost quite an amount. What have you to offer in return?"
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

IC: The climb down the hillside was quite easy, pleasant almost, Lex mused to himself as they made their way closer to the village. At the base of the hillside they headed off in the direction of the village. The forest was thicker here than around the other side of the mountain, but Lextalionis was not disturbed by the change, he had grown up hunting in areas like this. Though he did hope that it didnt get any thicker, that would make it harder to move through the forest and maintain the quiet progress that they had made. Although they were barely noticable, signs of habititation begun to slowly become more apparent. The village suddenly came into veiw and Lex immediately slowed the progress that they were making. Step by step the pair of them moved closer and closer to their target. The loud of laughter carried over the forest and Lex immediately froze, the laughter was much closer than Lex would have wanted. Lex slowly looked around and spied two men on patrol, obviously relaxed, they were in home territory why would they expect attack, a fatal error.

Lex wanted to shoot the men immediately, but a clear shot was obscured by various bushes. Thinking on his feet he decided they should shoot from two directions, just incase one persons shot was blocked by bushes. Lex will motion for Diana to directly approach the pair and then move off himself. Lex will move in the same direction as his prey while getting closer to them, When Lex feels he has a clear shot he will loose a shot at the closest man and be ready to fire again if Diana misses her shot.
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Kurlan relaxed inside, pleased that the shade had seen sense and agreed to talk business. Being led into the village Kurlan noticed everybody seemed hostile and preparing for a great feast, clearly they were not used to outsiders. Being led into the tent Kurlan was informed that they would have to deal directly with Isak, as Tabok was away hunting, and when told of the story of Vilepaw, he thought of the shades, and prayed silently that they would not do anything stupid. When told of the story of the pirate tracked and killed for stealing he quickly made a mental note to try his best not to anger the clan. In a calm tone he made a slight bowing gesture before continuing, I am glad you have seen sense and decided to talk business, Hmm yes those bolts are certainly the ones are client is after. As for payment, we have gold coins, if gold is not of interest to your clan then how about service. As mercenaries we have established a number of skills over a career, Perhaps you have an errand to run, a rival clan that needs taught a lesson, an adversary to be eliminated with no fuss? Kurlan awaited the reply anxiously.

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Rhyithan was awash with relief as the crossbows were lowered, though he didn't let it show. They were led deeper into the village. There was a buzz of activity in the air, as every person in sight seemed to busy themselves. Some kind of festivity or sacrafice is going on here. Perhaps we might extort these celebrations...
The few who did look at the newcomers scowled and glared, giving all the warmth and welcome of a serpent.
Rhyithan looked around the simple hut, it was not adorned with lavish displays of conquest as many elves did. Kurlan raised the notion of gold, but the suggestion of an errand seemed shortsighted. They were on a tight timescale and need to return with the bolts before they missed their window of oppurtunity. We could also trade one of our fine steeds. They are some of the best in the land.
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

OOC: Hey guy, just lettin you know that I'm probably not gonna be in a condition to make a good post for the rest of this week, maybe longer... i don't know. If i do happen to accidentally sober up this will be the first place i check. I just started college which is the reason for this interuption.
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

The group was led into the shades camp, and Dav was relieved that they might be able to trade for what they needed, though hoped they would have something of worth to the shades. They were eventually led into a tent where there host addressed them again. The name he mentioned, Tabok, seemed familiar. Dav payed it no mind, however, until he mentioned the hunt for a pirate named vilepaw, when it took a concious effort on her part to not visibly start. This must be the caln of the shades we fought with. THis could be useful. Rhythan and Kurlan made there offers. She dearly hoped the shades didn't want any errands run, because they were on a tight schedual. Kurlan really shouldn't have offered. She decided to speak up. We would really like to get our hands on these bolts, and you are welcome to anything we have if you would like it. By the way, did you mention a shade from your village named Tabok who hunted a pirate named Vilepaw? Not long ago we were hired to kill a hateful pirate named Ikebi Vilepaw and were aided by a shade named Tabok Chillheart and his sons. If , as I guess, these two are one in the same, would you please pass on our thanks when he returns. He was of great help in ending the life of that miserable piece of filth, and it is good to here that he is doing well. Dav hoped the others wouldn't mind here offering them the other's posessions. If they succeeded the reward for this mission would likely replace what ever they might lose.
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

OOC: Another hiatus has come and gone, one that was partially my fault. I wanted to give everyone time to post as we were just getting going again, but then, just as I was about to make my post, 3 weeks of hellish exams came along and I completely forgot about the RP. My apologies.

I know it has been yet another lengthy span of time, but if your still out there and willing to play I'm willing to moderate. Please reply to this post within a week. At the end of that time, I will be making some very harsh executive decisions, namely against those who fail to reply, to streamline the group so that we can continue.
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Yo, still ready and willing.
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

I'm still here

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Hey man I am still here

Group 17 Mod
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

Still here. You efforts are appreciated.
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

Still here and ready to go.
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

OOC: Im going away camping, just to let you know ill be back on sunday.

Group 17 Mod
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Just to let you all know im back and ready

Group 17 Mod