Group 11

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

OOC: Hello everyone, glad to see everyone has stuck around. It seems as if every time I plan on making a move to get things rolling around here again I get stuck myself with Uni and tests. I apologize. Hopefully though we can take this as the last time it has to happen for a while as I only have one more round of tests before my summer break and we have some time before that comes around. Also, I have decided to make an executive decesion by implementing post deadlines. The post deadlines will be every 7-10 days. If everyone posts before then I will try and post before as well, but if someone has not posted before the deadline then I will move on and begin penalizing their character accordingly.

IC: Lex, Diana: Noting the two men, you decide to eliminate them as quickly as possible. Splitting up, Lex travels parallel to their direction, seeking a clear shot as he moves slowly closer, while Diana slowly and carefully moves directly toward them. The woods are dense but your skills in stealth serve you well, and the patrol doesn't even know what hits them before it's too late. Lex is the first to get a clear shot, and loses a quick burst of bolts. Diana, noticing Lex's attack, obliterates what's left of the shades with a close range volley from her repeater pistols. Above you, a few birds fly away at the sound of the fire, but otherwise the attack is silent as can be. You regroup at the bodies and re-evaluate your position. You are now only about 50 or so yards from the village. Sight of the village is still poor due to the density of the forest but you can hear the sound of the hustle of the village quite clearly.

Kurlan, Dav, Rhyithan: As you begin putting forth suggestions as compensation for the bolts, Isak listens silently. It is only when Dav mentions your acquaintance with Tabok Chillheart that he perks up, his eyes widening. "You say you met Tabok? That you are the mercenaries that aided him in retrieving our clan's most prized artifact from Ikebi Vilepaw? Well if this is true then this will change the manner of our business! Tabok sung your praises upon his return! He said that without your help he might not have been able to retrieve the artifact that was stolen from us! He spoke that you lost a comrade in the battle, and for that I am sorry. Please, I implore you to stay until Tabok returns! Should you speak to him yourselves he may be willing to give you some of the bolts as a symbol of thanks for your efforts against Vilepaw!"

POST DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 29
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Diana prowled forwards to admire her kill nice shooting even if I do say so myself. She also instinctivly checked the corpses for anything of value, years of living rough teaching her that it was best to seize any oppurtunity for plunder.
"So do we go in there and kill everyone untill we find what we want or shall we try something a bit more subtle?" asked Diana, still bent over the bodies, while her rational brain realised it would be foolish to try and take on the entire clan single handed it was hard not to feel confident after the ease at with which they had slaughtered the shades so far.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

Kurlan smiled inside, in the business of being a mercenary it always did help to know the right people and have a few favours owed, who knows these bolts may be easier to acquire than I expected. After Isak had finished speaking Kurlan spoke up, yes I think that is a fair proposition, I believe waiting for his return would indeed be best. Kurlan looked to Rhyithan and Davhandrol Do you agree?

OOC: A short post but didnt think we had much choice, hope this is ok
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

The two patrolling clansmen went down easily, so easily. The kill was almost completely silent, with the exception of a few birds being disturbed. Lex hunched down by the bodies and watched as Diana approached to scavenge over the bodies for plunder. From Lex's kneeling position he could not clear see the village but he could quite clearly make out the noises of life in the small community. Diana quietly asked a question of Lex and he was surprised at how closely it matched his own thoughts. Hmmm a good question. His reply was a low whisper. Let us get a closer look at the village before we strike, we will most likely have to use force anyway... we have already killed two of their tribe, one practically still a child.

Lex will begin to make a slow approach towards the village, under the best cover he can find, in order to shed more light on the situation, mindful that they may have alerted the village to their presence already.
Lextalionis
Shade
WS:5 S:2 T:4 D:5 I:3
Basic Stealth. Stealth. Precision Shot. Rapid Fire. Acrobatics
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

IC:Dav felt a wave of relief when it seemed her plan would work and let their host know they would be happy with waiting. Getting these bolts may be the easiest job we've done. But one thing kept nagging at the back of her mind. What are our shades up too...

OOC: Also short, but not much we can do. Also, I apologize for being a day late, I accfept any punishment you decide on.
Name: Dareth Hellscar
Class: Trainee of Khaine
Stats: WS5 S4 T3 D4 I2
Skills: Two weapon fighting, Uncontrolable frenzy
Equipment: Short sword, Dagger
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Rhyithan was relieved to hear that their presence was no longer dangerous. If we could meet with him as soon as possible, we are in a position where time is not our greatest commodity.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, net troubles
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

OOC: Sorry for the long delay yet again. Had a brutal round of finals at Uni. But now Im on break so there should be no more interruptions for at least the next three months or so. Next post, and many thereafter will start in a day or so.
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

OOC: Good to hear your still with us DOC!

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

OOC: Apologize for the delay, summer job searches can be time consuming. I'll be resuming regular posting now, hopefully making 1 or 2 modposts a week. Please keep up with the deadlines from now on.

IC: Dav, Kurlan, Rhyithan: Upon hearing your agreement to meeting with Tabok, Isak stands and concludes business for the time being. He beckons you to exit the tent and proceeds to inform you about the nature of the festival. "Tonight is a great feast for our clan. It is the feast of the blood moon. Once a year, our clan sends its mightiest hunters to the great northern mountains to hunt a great horned beast. The hunter's bring the beast back here and we feast upon it all night. It is not often that outsiders get to join us in this feast, you should consider yourselves honored."

Suddenly, many of the villagers start chanting and waving their arms to the North. You spin around to see a small line of silhouettes crossing down the mountainside toward the camp, a large beast tied to a spear shaft and carried between two of the men. "Ah, it seems Tabok and the hunters have returned!" Isak exclaims.

The people of the village dance around and food is brought out as the sun begins to set in the sky, turning the mountain crimson red in the dusk sky. You watch as the figures slowly descend, and then suddenly stop completely at a certain point on the mountain. The beast that they carry is dropped, and many figures run to one spot and bend down, disappearing from sight. The sudden bellow of a deep hunting horn, blasts down the mountain and through the camp, silencing everyone.

"What!?" Isak dumbfoundedly exclaims as the look of joy on his face is replaced with one of dread, "That signal means that one of our sentry has been found dead! Impossible, all of our sentry has reported....Oh no! Tabok's youngest son, Ikir!"

Isak begins pacing, his eyes burning holes into the ground beneath him. "How could this be, who could have done this?" Suddenly, Isak stops and shifts his gaze to you. "You! Do you know anything about this?!"

Lex, Diana: Diana searches the body but finds nothing of value. After a brief discussion you decide that it would be best to do a little scouting before making your move into the village. You edge silently and seemingly undetected to the edge of the village clearing. Looking around you note that the village is not very large, or remarkable. There are about a dozen similiar tents made of animal skins that create a circle around the center of the village, in which a great feast or festival of some sort is being prepared. You notice a large number of women and children in the midst of the preparation, but looking around you see perhaps only two or so men of fighting age helping with the work. Further investigation shows that there is one tent in particular that stands out from the rest. Located at the most northern point of the village is a slightly larger tent than the others, above its opening is hung the dried skull of a great horned animal. You suddenly notice Rhyithan, Dav, Kurlan, and Drak'Ne emerge from a tent, and shortly after a great amount of excitement begins as people begin chanting and calling out names, waving their arms to figures to the North that you cannot see. All this ends however with the bellow of a deep hunting horn from the north, and you watch from the shadows as the faces of joy on the villagers faces are replaced with dread.

POST DEADLINE: Monday, June 8
Last edited by Discipleofkhaine on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

This should be easy thought Diana as she scanned the village, only a couple of able bodied men were present in the villiage. As she readied her handbows the situation changed. The rest of the party emerged from the largest tent, apparently of their own accord and accompanied by a male shade. This just gets easier and easier now we have them outnumbered. But it seemed this wasn't the only surprise in store as excitement gripped the villagers and they began waving at something she couldn't see. Bemused Diana watched as the villagers prepared a feast. Suddenly a hunting horn is blown and the celebration stops and a a sense of fear settles over the villagers. "I bet you ten gold that that signal is about us." Diana whispered to Lex.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Kurlan exited the tent as per Isak’s invitation, and listened to him explain what all the fuss was about. Kurlan looked towards the returning hunters, taking particular interest in the dead beast that would make for a great feast indeed; it must have taken a few of them to bring it down. The sound of the horn bellowed in his ears, and he knew whatever that horn was for, it was not good.

His fears were soon confirmed when Isak explained exactly what that horn signified, and that one of the sentries had been found dead. Kurlan’s head pulsed rapidly, the frustration becoming hard to control, but he kept his straight face. It was certainly the shades, it could be no coincidence, more to the point they had not even hidden the body. Knowing this could get ugly any minute, and with so many of the hunters returning to the camp, trying to avoid conflict was the only task at the minute. Isak turned his gaze and asked the group point blank, Kurlan cleared his throat and spoke I know only that whoever killed your sentry will be unlikely to stop. Earlier you said about driving out someone of the Vilepaw’s yes? Would it not make sense for them to attack you while your greatest hunters were away from camp?

Kurlan took a deep breath before continuing Whoever did this will not stop, but your greatest hunters have returned, I do not know if we can be of help to you in this matter, if we can we will, but our time is short, we must have those bolts.

Group 17 Mod
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

IC: Dav was feeling very satisfied with the way business was going when Isak decided to adjourn, forgeting her brief misgivings about the shades. She was fasinated by their hosts description of the feast they were preparing. She was also grateful for knowing she'd be there, as this was far beeter fair then they could have expected on a mission like this, and some good food would serve them well in the days to come. The hunters were returning, and she was awed at there skill as she recognized the silhouette of the beast they carried from her former life. Truely, if peaceful means to ending this had not been found, we would likely be dead. Then they stoped, and after searching around a bit let loose a horn blast that made her blood run cold...

When Isak described what it went, memory of the shades came exploding back. Damn it, damn it, damn it! she thought, though being careful not to let her distress show. We were so close, but if we don't act quickly we will all be so dead. Kurlan was the first to speak. Although she knew he likely didn't understand the true complexities of his plan, she quickly realized that if she took the lead it gave them the best shot to have the best possiblr out come. My friend the trainee is right. We had nothing to do with this, and I would swear that on the name of Khaine. If you would like more proof, we would be happy to help you take care of what ever threat this is, as they are likely not done. If everything went really well, there was a slight chance they would reach their comrades before their hosts. If that happend, they could possibly use some sort of bloody cloth or spare digits to, after a mock fight, let the shades escape alive, if not whole. If not, however, completeing the mission and escaping with three of the five alive would not be an overly poor outcome given the circumstances, and she for one would have no problem finishing off her former teammates if it came to that. Such was the Druchii way, and she was not about to let anyone, even her "friends", steal away her second chance that she had already taken for her self. She was not about to let herself die, no matter the cost...
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

OOC: Considering we've just gotten started again, I don't want to lose momentum waiting for everyone to post at their leisure, thus I am going to continue based on the posts made. I won't be penalizing for this missed modpost (again based on the fact that we've just resumed), however I will be much less lenient after this next post deadline. Also, recall that Drak'Ne is still in the group although he is no longer an active player.

@Diana and Lex: Since no discernible course of action was made in your post, your characters held position and spectated the following events. You are able to make out bits and pieces of the orders given.

IC: Kurlan and Dav's quick response to aid in the capture and destruction of the alleged invaders seems to reaffirm Isak's trust in you.

"Fine then" Isak says as he attempts to regain his composure in the face of obvious distraught with the loss of Tabok's son on his watch, "Your action's will prove if your words are true."

Isak spins and faces the small handful of warrior shades, a mere 3 men in total, that have gathered behind him. "We shall split up and patrol the area immediately surrounding the village. Each of our clan shall be accompanied by one of the visitors. While you all are completing the initial patrol I will intercept Tabok and the hunters to evaluate the entirety of the situation. Make your patrol's quick and regroup back here shortly to receive further orders."

With that Isak motions the shades to join you. Rhyithan, Kurlan, and Drak'Ne are joined by the shades while Isak indicates for Dav to join him.

"You shall accompany me to rendezvous with Tabok" he says sternly.

Isak indicates to the groups which directions each group will patrol, Rhyithan's group to the North East, Kurlan's group to the West, and Drak'Ne's to the South, before giving the command to move out as he and Dav travel to the mountains to the North.

POST DEADLINE: Saturday, June 13
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Kurlan was relieved to see that Isak had kept trust in the group, which severely reduced a chance of conflict, however Tabok himself had seen the shades earlier. He would recognise their faces if we bring them back dead I would have to ensure they are suitably disfigured and unrecognisable. Hmm one shade is coming with me, probably best not to kill him, but I reckon I could take him, hmm best to keep an open mind for now.

After this brief thought, the heat getting to him, Kurlan readjusted the scarf around his face and took a deep breath. Nodding to Isak he replied yes, we will assist you in this patrol of course, if it is brief, time is of the essence.

The wind moving across his face and through his hair he relaxed a moment before drawing his blades, checking them, noticing some battle damage and bloodstains but they would still do the job. He sheathed them once more and motioned to the shade going with him if you are ready we will go, after you, I am sure you know these lands better than I do.

OOC: A fairly short post DoK but not a great deal I feel I can do, this is getting really interesting.

Group 17 Mod
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

And it was all going so well. Cursing their luck Diana rose from her prone position and turned back towards the way she and Lex had approached the village. With a crossbow in each hand and her cloak draped across her body she ran at a crouch away from the village hopeing Lex had the sense of mind to follow.

As she slipped from shadow to shadow, all her previous cockiness gone Diana realised she was now being hunted by a group of capable hunters and if they found her it would mean her death, she could only hope that her friends were bluffing and would help her if she was caught.

Diana will flee back the way she came using her stealth skills to the full.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

IC: Dav was pleased to see that their offer to help was well recieved. At first she was disappointed to not be on the hunt, afraid that the others may screw things up and not do what's necessary, should push come to shove. THe more she thought about it, however, the more she became convinced that at least Kurlan would know what to do. Besides, dealing with Tabok at this point could be a delicate matter, and she was glad she was the one meeting with him. Not knowing what to expect, she followed Isak to the meeting.

OOC: As with Kurlan, not sure what else I can say right now, but it is certainly getting good.
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

IC: Lex remained still as events unfolded before him, observing the actions of the those in the village. He could make out only small bits of the conversation that was quickly held but apparently their handiwork had been discovered. The man in charge of the situation split the men of the village up and sent them on patrol around the village. Not so good Without a word Diana broke cover and retreated into the forest. Lex almost cursed out aloud. They had been relatively safe in their position and now if they had been spotted they would be chased and killed rather relentlessly, their comrades would undoubtably help in the kill. Diana's movement may attract the attention of the tribesmen but Lex would be foll to try and catch up with her. After considering his options Lex decided no action was the best course of action. He silently drew his crossbow pistol and a dagger, incase someone approached his position, and commanded his body to stillness beneath his cloak. If Lex could hold his position until the initial patrol was complete he would be much safer... or better yet, if Diana was killed Lex would be almost entirely safe. If Lex is unassailed he will cast an eye over the village trying to work out where the bolts may be stored.
Lextalionis
Shade
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Rhyithan watched as events unfolded around him. He was almost positive that the assassins they were now looking for were none other than Lex and Diana. He looked from Kurlan and Davhandrol. They both had the same grim expression, and Rhyithan knew that the same debate was going through their own minds. Would he kill his allies? It was looking as though he had no other choice. Short of killing all the shades at the camp and stealing what they needed there was no way they could get the bolts. But if they were to return without anything, then they would surely be executed. Turning to the shade beside him Where are we headed? And with that he followed the shade into the woods, giving a silent nod to Kurlan and Dav. It was possible this would be the last time he saw either of them...

Sorry about the delay.
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
10gc

Discipleofkhaine
Noble

OOC: Good to see everyone is back. Hope your as excited to continue as I am.

IC: Dav: Isak orders the gathering to break and immediately sets off to the North, towards the towering mountains. You follow him as best you can, but the shade is moving quite quickly, intent on wasting no time waiting for the likes of a clumsy warrior such as yourself. You enter the forest and find that it is hard to maneuver through the brush and trees, and even harder to keep up with Isak. You quickly grow winded as you continue to wind through the forest; always on the lookout for any sign of your shade companions.

Eventually you break through the tree's and find that Isak is standing at the base of the mountain, already in conversation with two more shades. As you approach they grow quite, obviously not wanting you to hear what they have been talking about. You look up the face of the mountain and squint your eyes to fight the glare of the setting sun that reflects off its steely surface. You can see that there are 6 more shades coming down the mountain now, and a seventh following shortly behind them, carrying what is unmistakably a body.

You wait in silence, trying to catch your breath as the procession makes its way toward you, recognizing some of the faces from the night you battled Ikebi Vilepaw. It is no surprise that the last figure to descend the mountain, clutching the corpse of his youngest son, is Tabok Chillheart himself. The man's eyes are stern and filled with rage as he approaches, and you can feel them burning into your soul, searching you for any trace of a betrayal.

"You" Tabok says to you, his voice stone like in its coldness, "You are from the group of mercenaries that helped us battle Ikebi Vilepaw yes? I recognize your face from that night. You say you have no part in this? That it is mere coincidence that you are present here in a time of our people's suffering? I find it odd that our clan, which is mostly left alone by the people of the cities until recently, has twice now been targeted; and both times our path's have crossed. Tell me, do you too find it odd? Can you offer any rational explanation as to how this has come to be?"

Kurlan: You are led West by your shade counterpart, into the forest in search of what is most probably your very comrades. Forest to the west of the village is one of alternating dense patches of trees and brush and small clearings. Though you are nimble on your feet, you still find it difficult to make it through the denser patches of brush and trees. You scan all around you for sign of your shade companions, hoping to spot them before your partner does.

Just as you are exiting a small patch of rather dense brush and tree's, the shade in front of you spins around with a speed you did not think he was capable of. He lashes out and strikes you quite powerfully in the jaw with the butt of his crossbow, fully disorienting you. Exposed, he follows by launching a flying knee into your stomach, knocking all the wind out of you and sending you to the ground. Gasping for air, and trying as best you can to re-orient yourself, you finally take note of the shade, who now stands about five or so yards away from you, crossbow pointed at you.

"Isak is obviously distraught by the death of his cousin" he says with despise in his voice, "Else he would have ordered you all to be executed on the spot. City folk like you never visit our remote village, and yet you just happen to decide to show up the same day assassins strike? Hah! I am no fool. Tell me all you know now and if it's useful I may just drag you back to Tabok and give you the chance to beg for your life Khainite!"

Diana: You break position, hoping that Lex will follow you and give you both the chance to regroup and take defense against your hunters together. You use what stealth you have to the fullest, knowing that any trace of your movements, from broken branches to bent grass, will give you away. It is nearly a minute before you recheck your surroundings and notice that Lex is nowhere to be found, and that you have been moving by yourself. You hold your position and look around, hoping to spot any sign of him following you, but as you do so, you hear another sound.

There is a light cracking of branches not twenty yards away from you, slightly to your south east. You hide as best you can in your position and look to see that Rhyithan and a shade from the village patrolling from east to west, just to the south of you. You sit and hold your breath as you watch them move; the shade completely silent, a master of his surroundings, drawing in every detail. Suddenly the shade raises his hand to stop. He bends down and analyzes the trail that you have just come up. He looks up in your direction, quietly scanning the horizon you lay on before drawing his crossbow and moving again very slowly. Looking for any sign of movement.

Rhyithan: You follow your shade partner out of camp and begin your control. You notice immediately that the shade is a man of experience, taking in every detail around you and applying it with quick and well thought out decisions.

"We should move up about 50 yards to the north, and then sweep from east to west. It should put us at a great position in the forest to pick up any signs of movement. Be on the look out warrior."

Silently you stalk through the forest, hunting for a prey that you hope you shall not find. The setting sun lowers the light in the forest, making it harder to see than usual aside from beams of red light that pierce through the canopy.

You continue your patrol, moving quietly despite your armor, when you accidently step on a branch. The crack of the branch causes you to jump, the quiet sound startling amidst the deafening silence. You assume the shade will berate you for your carelessness, but instead the shade beckons you to stop suddenly. He bends down and lightly touches the ground in front of him before drawing his crossbow. Changing directions to a straight northernly course. You scan the surroundings for any sign of your companions but cannot see anyone. Nevertheless, the caution and manner in which the shade presses on tells you all you need to know. Your quarry is near.

Lex: You watch as Diana abandons her position, cursing her for making what you presume to be the upmost of foolish actions. Drawing your weapons you settle in to your location, calling upon all aspects of stealth that you have been taught by your patron in the Thieves Den in Vikarh. You remain in complete silence and stealth as one of the patrols comes directly at you. It is none other than Rhyithan and the shade he was assigned to patrol with. Remaining still you follow them with your eyes as they pass just to your left, not ten feet from you, and continue on in the direction that Diana has just left in.

Breathing a quiet breath of relief you turn your sights again to the village in front of you. There are now no male hunters in the village at all. A few of the women have fetched crossbows and stand in the center of the village, helping the other women gather the children into the shelter of their tents. By the way they hold the crossbows you can tell that it is something they are accustomed to, but not not necessarily comfortable with.

POST DEADLINE: Saturday, June 20
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

As she paused in her flight Diana realized she was alone, Lex had decided not to follow her. Damn him, if he wants to stay and take on the village single handed he is welcome to try, personally I prefer living. She was about to move off again and put more distance between herself and the hunters when a branch cracked to the south east. Immediately she dropped into a crouch concealing herself in the middle of a large bush. Trying desperately to keep her breathing under control she watched through the branches as Rhyithan and his shade partner appear from the east.

Khaine bless your clumsiness Rhyithan, it might just save our lives. She watched as the shade stalked carefully through the forest, she could tell he was evidently a master in woodcraft. She tensed as their patrol route brought them closer and closer to her hiding place. Suddenly the shade stopped, holding up a hand to halt Rhyithan. Diana cursed silently as he bent down to survey her tracks before drawing his crossbow. As his gaze swept over her hiding place she tensed but as the shade began to move slowly it was obvious the shade did not know for sure where she was. And I'm not about to reveal myself by making a run for it. Staying stock still, crossbows held ready in her hands Diana waited to see what would happen next.

Diana will remain in position staying as still as possible and wait to see what happens. If she should be discovered she will try and shoot the shade , if Rythian attacks her as well she will shoot him in the leg.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Rhyithan followed the Autarii. He was clearly experienced, noticing even the most minor signs of life and following the trail to a 'T'. Rhyithan was impressed, and did his best to stalk him silently. He focused on his heavy armour, trying to stop it clink and slide, he was doing well. So well that he failed to notice the small twig beneath his foot. The crack was deafening in the silence of the wood. Rhyithan froze, biting deep into his lip to stop a curse spilling from his mouth. The shade did not seem botehred with Rhyithan however, as he was far more intent on something deep in the bush. He motioned Rhyithan to follow him, and Rhyithan complied. As silently as he could.

The shade had his weapon drawn now and was intently scanning the forest for the tiniest movement. Rhyithan's heart was pounding in his ears. He could cut down the shade now while his back was turned and his attention was focused elsewhere. But his Draich, while a formidable weapon, was also a very characterful one. And he doubted that a large gaping wound in the shade could be passed off as an assassin's crossbow bolt. If he saw his companions he would have no choice but to feign an attack, this was a risky game however, he would have to be very convincing.

Rhyithan will follow the shade and wait for the shades to reveal themselves. He will pretend not to know their identity and will feign an attack, taking the risks that come with a fake attack.
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Discipleofkhaine
Noble

OOC: As always, I will continue to make modposts for individual parties if you submit them before the deadline.

IC: Rhyithan and Diana: The pulsing of blood in your ears and the heat of the blood running through your veins becomes incredible as time cuts slowly through the unbearable silence. The shade's eyes expertly shift between the trail he follows and the horizon in front of him, Diana's eyes stand fixed and unwaveringly on her pursuers as they inch closer, and Rhyithan's eyes dart around everywhere in hopes to spot the shades first and ready himself.

Suddenly, the shade stops yet again, but his eyes follow where his footsteps would have been. Seconds seem to pass in days as the shades eyes slowly trace up the few remaining yards between himself and Diana. After what seems like an eternity, the eyes of the hunter and the hunted finally meet.

Instantly, time explodes back to reality as Diana explodes from the bush, crossbow pistols drawn. She lets out a quick spray of bolts that narrowly miss the shade as he leaps through the air behind a tree for cover.

Not wanting to blow his cover, Rhyithan reacts by charging his comrade head on, swinging his Draich over his shoulder and readying it above him. However, the narrow confines of the forest allow for the length of the mighty blade to become stuck in the branches above.

Diana, believing Rhyithan to have turned, quickly turns and fires two shots at her comrade. The first haphazardly slams into Rhyithan's stomach, bounching off his hardened heavy armor, but hitting him with enough force to cause him to falter and expose the interior of his left leg. Concentrating this time, Diana looses another bolt which cuts into the middle of Rhyithan's middle, inner thigh, sending him to the ground and causing him to drop his draich, which clangs loudly on a rock.

The shade now runs around the far side of the tree and begins firing again at Diana, whom spins and returns fire. Bolts cut through the branches and brush as leaves dance down from the canopy, through the beams of fading sunlight. One bolt cuts into Diana's inner left forearm causing her to shriek in pain as she continues to fire with her right arm haphazardly towards her enemies position. With a streak of luck, one of Diana's last bolts catches the shade right in his chest, piercing the lower part of his right lung.

Within seconds all members of the engagement have fallen to the ground disarmed or out of ammunition.

"Kill her!" the shade yells at Rhyithan, clutching his wound in excruciating pain, "Kill her now!"
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Rhyithan felt the breeze blow against his face in anticipation. The shade before him froze. Time seemed to slow, and Rhyithan felt a single moment of serenity. It was at that moment Diana burst forth spraying shots at the duo. Rhyithan charged forward swinging his draich wide and embedding it in a tree. However despite this clumsy attack Diana still felt it necessary to shoot him. Rhyithan roared in pain. Leaning down he wrenched the bolt from within his armour, allowing blood to trickle down his leg.

He watched as the shades had a shoot out. Diana's shots growing more frenzied as her injury worsened. She continued to fire until her ammunition was spent. Rhyithan looked to the woodsman, who was now clutching his chest. He screamed at Rhyithan to kill her. Rhyithan released his draich and drew for his longsword and shield. Fighting the pain in his leg he charged.

Rhyithan will charge diana and attack her. Hopefully Diana will have the sense to flee...
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Oh damn.. thought Diana as the shades gaze met her own. Bursting from the bush Diana fired a hail of shots at the shade who reacted with astonishing speed, leaping behind a tree to shield himself from the fire. While he cowered in cover Diana turned her attention to Rhyithan who had somehow managed to get his oversized sword stuck in a tree while charging towards her. Idiot, she thought contemptuously, making the most of her temporary advantage she shot at him. Diana watched as the shot rebounded from his breastplate, merely staggering him. Lucky though, as he staggered back from the blow his chainmail chausses parted to reveal his unarmoured left leg.

It seems that fate smiles on you Rhyithan, she thought as she sent a bolt through the exposed leg. As he collapsed she felt a bolt fly past her head. Cursing she turned to see the shade run round the tree firing as he came. Immediately she returned fire but with the flying foliage and dim light it was almost impossible to get a clear shot. She was almost out of ammunition when one of the shades bolts slammed into her left arm. Immeadiatly a wave of pain enveloped her and she dropped the handbow in her left hand as it spasmed involuntarily. As she collapsed slowly to the ground she continued firing with her other weapon knowing that if she didn't kill the shade she was certainly dead. It seemed khaine had not completely abandoned her as one of her last shots pierced his lung.

As the dying shade collapsed to the ground he yelled at Rhyithan to finish her. From her prone position she watched as her former comrade regained his feet and drew a long sword from his belt, at the same time readying his shield. Gritting her teeth against the pain emanating from her wounded arm she checked her handbow to find that it was empty. She had a long sword sheathed at her waist but knew she would be no match for the warrior in a fight. She had only one option.

Diana will try and get to her feet and flee once more.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

IC: The woods behind him slowly returned to silence as the patrolling dispersed onto their various paths. Lex breathed a slow sigh of relief as he focussed his attention once again on the village. The women of the village hid their small children in some of the tents and emerged armed with crossbows, ready to defend their home against whatever threat may assail them. It reminded Lex somewhat of home, but no feelings of nostalgia were stirred by the sight, he had given up any alleigence to that society years ago and this wasn't even near the home range of his village. The activity of the village quietened as the women were prepared the welcome their men or their enemy. There did not appear to be any more information Lex could gain through passive surveillance. There was no hope of Lex storming the village on his own, regrouping with Diana was the best option. Lex slowly backed away from the village and turned.

Finding Diana's trail was Lex's first priority, broken sticks and disturbed earth left by her fresh passage should make tracking not too hard. Lex will cautiously make his way through the forest, trying to pick up a trail in the direction that Diana went. Diana probably wasn't found but Lex knew that the tracking skills of the shade would be atleast his equal so he knew he had to move with some speed. If Lex comes across any tribesmen he will approach slowly to try and assess the situation and act if necersary.
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G