Group 11 is about to get under way! We will be starting with five players:

Almundis
Dewilds
Beastmaster kurlan
Lextalionis
Lot1loe

Be sure to read up on everyone's respective fluff here:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=51791

We will start as soon as eveyone reports in.

-Dok
Last edited by Discipleofkhaine on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

Kurlan here ready to play, this should be great!
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

Hi guys. I'm ready to go. Lets hope it doesn't crash like the other group I was in :lol:
Lextalionis
Shade
WS:5 S:2 T:4 D:5 I:3
Basic Stealth. Stealth. Precision Shot. Rapid Fire. Acrobatics
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

LOT1LOE reporting for duty.
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

evening all looking forward to getting this show on the road
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Dewilds
Warrior

Post by Dewilds »

Swords sharpened and crossbow readied
Locks keep honest men honest. :D
Name: Matraous Height and Weight: 5'11" 150lbs. Gender: Male Age: 157 Hair color: Black Eye:Grey Class:Shade Stats: WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4 Skills: Basic Stealth Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

yay let the games begin
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
10gc

Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

OOC: Hooray its time to get started! I'd just like to thank you all for joining my RP, and I will do my best to be fair and give you an exciting game. Now before we start I'd like to go over some guidelines.

1) Your character status will very much depend on your posting. I will injure or even kill off characters that aren’t pulling their weight in terms of posts so try and stay to the deadlines I set and try and write at least a paragraph each time you post.

2) Your characters are not immortal. Nor are they even heroic for that matter. In gaming terms you are about on par with a 7-point DE warrior at the start. You characters will level up and get stronger as the game goes on, but until then you should be reasonable in the way you play. Chances are that if you decide to go up with a Chosen Knight Of Khorne by yourself your going to get turned into confetti.

3) As far as actions go, I will use two systems. For regular actions that do not involve your characters health (eg. Bluffing a guard, etc.) I will determine the success of your actions primarily on the quality of your posts. For actions that involve your characters health I will look at your characters stats, equipment, and skills and then roll a die. For example: A character decides to jump out a window of a two story building to escape a guard, and grab on to a nearby tree limb to stop his fall. He is a warrior with 3 dexterity, light armor, a shield, and a longsword. Because of his average dexterity he would normally succeed on a roll of 4+, but his armor and weapons weigh him down so he will only succeed on a roll of a 5+.

4) Now for fighting. :twisted: Fighting will follow a similar system to that of actions. I will look at your characters stats, skills, and equipment, compare them to their enemy's, and modify the die accordingly. If two opponents are equal in strength, you succeed on a 4+, but better equipment and armor increases your odds. Also realize that fighting alone is much more dangerous, and that fighting with friends will give you a MUCH higher chance of succeeding. Most importantly, your success in fights will depend on how well you write and describe your actions in the fight. If I feel you’ve done a very good job in describing your attack, I will modify the dice in your favor. Thus, even if you are outclassed and outnumbered, a good post can keep your character alive.

Also two more suggestions:
1) Keep a character profile like mine in your profile, with at least your characters name, stats, equipment, and inventory. You may include more (such as age, class, gender, etc.), but at least what I have specified. It not only helps you keep track of your character, but also lets you see what your fellow players are capable of and what they are carrying.

2) Follow a standard Speech, Thought, Action format for posting. You may choose to do this however you like (the example is what I like to use), but this helps everyone follow your posts more easily.

That’s the majority of what you need to know for the time being. If we come across something you don't understand feel free to ask using OOC (Out of Context) to show that you are speaking to the group or myself, and then resume the story with IC (In Context).

Thanks again and good luck to all of you. I hope this turns out to be a fun and exciting RPG for everyone.

-Dok

IC: It is cold night in the city of Vikarh. A city where anything is possible provided you have the money to make it so. The streets are packed with shops, taverns, and inns, all alive with a variety of individuals. You have all come to this city, through one way or another, due to Vikarh’s reputation as a mercenary capital. It often seems that one may find work anywhere, whether it be work at Vikarh’s impressive seaport or less…lawful tidings.

Through your passing through the city you have all come across a similar flyer posted outside a less traveled bar in the city. The flyer vaguely mentions a dangerous mission, and speaks of great rewards to those strong enough to endure the mission’s trials. Finding yourselves fed up with the meager work you’ve taken lately, and seeking a bit of adventure, you decide to follow up on the request.

The icy night winds whip around you, stinging any exposed flesh, as you all make your way to the appointed meeting spot. The selected location is a bar called “The Serpent’s Bite” in the southern district of Vikarh, the district infamous for its crime and plentiful supply of bars and prostitution.

One by one you all arrive at the bar. It is full of shady characters, many of which sit alone and eye you warily. The barkeep inquires your business and you each inform him that you are here regarding the flier. He gives you a suspicious look and then points you to a table in the back of the bar. As you each approach the table you notice that a flyer, identical to the one you saw earlier lies on its surface; however, at the bottom of the page there is neatly written, “I shall arrive at midnight.”

With nothing to do but wait, you take a seat and are brought a glass of wine by the barkeep as “A gift from your employer”.
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

OOC: this is my first rpg post so if i dont make sense or say uneccessary things just let me know.

IC: Rhyithan thought to himself as he navigated the dank back alleys, he'd met several different clients in the 'Serpant's Bite'- and none of them had been particularly profitable and had usually ended up with him fleeing with his life from raiders, guards and monsters. He snapped himself out of his thoughts as he came to the door, slipping the guard a silver piece he walked in with his blade concealed under his traveling cloak.

Rhyithan walks up to the table with the flyer, he stares around realising he is the first to arrive. He decides to sit and stare at the goblet of wine before him, however experience tells him it might be best not to actually drink the wine, instead he will enjoy a swig of his own cheap wine from a hip flask
well if i hav to sit and wait i may as well be good an' drunk

OOC: wasn't sure if that counted as an action, thought or what, sorry if im being thick :)
Last edited by Almundis on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

OOC: Yay. Just in time... the PM i sent too you DoK is still valid in that i will be absent for a few days. I'm leaving very soon as well so I'll be brief.

IC: The cold night of the city streets ensured that only the desperate or drunk lingered outside. Lextalionis made his way to The Serpent's Bite paying little heed to the sounds of revelry emerging from the various bars and brothels he passed. Damned cold, why are meetings always held when the weather is poor? Opening the door to the Serpents Bite he was pleased at it's relative warmth, even if the barstaff wern't so friendly in their greeting.

Lextalionis approached the table with the matching flyer and saw that somebody had already arrived and was seated. It appeared to be a rather scarred and worn male with a broken nose. Sitting down Lextalionis made his greeting. "Goodevening, I assume your here for the same reason I am." Pleased that wine was fetched for him Lextalionis sipped it quitely and waited for more people too arrive. Giving only brief replies to any conversation.

OOC: Ok I wont be able to post for another 4 or so days, sorry.
Lextalionis
Shade
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

OOC: This is my first time also, hope it goes well.

IC: It was dark and cold, and Davhandrol wondered once again what the hell she was doing here. It seemed like madness to answer such a vague poster on a place like the Serpent's Bite. However, since arriving in this Khaine forsaken city, her life had been nothing but tedious dock work and other meager jobs, requiring hard work for little pay. This job could at least prove exciting, and perhaps profitable, and if she died at least she didn't have that much going for her. She once again cursed the damned string of events that brought her here.

She walked in to the tavern and was ushered by the owner to a table where two other Druchii sat, declining to drink the wine that was offered, wanting her wits about her and fearing poison considering where she was. She had no intention of talking to them, as she didn't really care who they were. However, she wasn't stupid, so she silently observed them to try and glean some useful inofmation should this job be worthwhile.

One of them was I lightly scarred warrior with a patch covering what could only be a missing eye and a broken nose. He had the look of a veteran fighter and was rather ugly. While he didn't appear as physically imposing as herself, he would most likely more skilled. He also had an intelligent look about him. He could be either a powerful ally or dangerous enemy.

The other was a fairly attractive shade. She has met other shades only a few times, but was well aware of the stories of their stealth and agility. He was drinking his wine, and she wondered whether this was carelessness or confidence, though he didn't look like he knew any more than they did. His build apperared to be ideal for a shade, small and dextrous looking.

Davhandrol also noted that both of her companions so far were male, and being fairly attractive herself began think of how this could be used to her advantage. She shifted her position slightly as to better show of her cleavage.

Could be very useful, but I will have to be careful of using that particular advantage she thought, painful memories from her past flooding back to her.
Last edited by Lot1loe on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Dareth Hellscar
Class: Trainee of Khaine
Stats: WS5 S4 T3 D4 I2
Skills: Two weapon fighting, Uncontrolable frenzy
Equipment: Short sword, Dagger
Dewilds
Warrior

Post by Dewilds »

Matraous
OOC:My first time doing a post rpg but not my first time rpging. I think as long as we hit our rythem we'll have fun.

IC: Rips the flier off the wall stairing down at the writing while walk down the dark and unkept ally.
What kind of Sh^& job have we got here.
As Matraous takes a few bits from a leg of meet he was about get from a vender earlier while reading more intently at the flier. Though the thought can't be far from his mind that this as in all things is merely some petty noble playing up his importantence with fancy words the idea still playes in his head that perhaps there may finaly be something worth the time.
But not my life!
Perhaps though plays through his mind as slowly his foot steps begin to lead him down a path different from the one he traviled most nights.
Cold weather or not that cold bed can wait for now.
And as expected he once again found him self in a new and yet rundown place asking a barkeep the same question and recieved a similar answer to all the times before. This time he wasn't the first to arrive though if events played out like before he wouldn't be the last by his count.
Two men and a lady. One appeared good at fighting but not necessarily winning while the other looked like a more measured sort. The woman appeared to be more built for hard labor than anything else. Though skills and muscles rarely go hand in hand. Even so. Now was a time to lisen and learn the character of those to throw thier lot in today. And thus Matraous sat at the table and excepted the offered wine and allowed the others to play thier hands first.
Name: Matraous Height and Weight: 5'11" 150lbs. Gender: Male Age: 157 Hair color: Black Eye:Grey Class:Shade Stats: WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4 Skills: Basic Stealth Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Kurlan was walking down the road when one of the fliers brustled at his feet. He picked it up and glanced at it, he had not had a job in ages, and he was getting impatient about going to rescue his mother and sister. He decided he would take up the job. It was cold so he wrapped his scarf around his face, revealing only his eyes. He moved swiftly towards the bar, when he found it he muttered not a single word to the bartender, just slamming down the flier and grunting, the bartender gestured towards a table, Kurlan moved over and glanced over those sitting there. he took a seat by them but did not speak.

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

OOC: Yay. Back earlier than expected. I assume its ok to chat before you make your modpost.

IC: Lex slowly sipped his wine as more and more mercenaries arrived at the table. Might as well accept free drink. I doubt that a prospective employer would poison those who would work for him. The first mercenary to arrive after Lextalionis was a female who seemed rather well built. Lex thought too himself; Some female company on a mission is never unwelcome. But it would be a bad error to emotionally tangle myself with her. She seemed intelligent enough, why she was doing mercenary work was a bit of a mystery. She did not drink the wine that was offered and she also did not make any greetings too the two males already there. Most people take time to warm up, especially in the rather dangerous line of work that they were all in. But she did seem content to sit in silence and show some of her breast, which Lex did know how to appreciate and it told him that she possibly would have few qualms about using her sex in advancing herself.

The next person to enter the hall was a scarred male, who by his clothing he looked to be a shade. An extra druchii who prefered a lighter touch when it came to fighting wasn't wholly begrudged, as he would also likely be skilled at hiding himself and moving quitely. He accepted his wine and also seemed to be content sitting in dead silence. The latest person to was a rather... intense man. One who was content to slam things on bars and not even bother verbalising wouldn't immediately strike any observer as a shining bastion of intelligence. But a dumb sword still stings like buggery. Lextalionis waited in his seat for somebody to talk or someone else too arrive, but neither happened and the silence around to table was a bit disconcerting, especially if they were expected to work together. So Lex decided to find out a bit more about his companions, which wouldn't take much because he didn't know if any of them could even talk. Well we're all here for the same thing obviously, so we might as well know each others names. My name is Lextalionis. He looked around at his companions waiting for a responce and his gaze settled on the female. What's your name pretty Lady, you are obviously a sensitive little thing too be able to scent the wine all the way over there. Breaking ice was definately a thing Lex was used to, or one that he liked and something he was probably quite poor at. Lets just hope she has a sense of humour
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

Rhyithan looked at his companions at the table, staring at the newcomer sat in the corner almost completely obscured by a scarf- he seemed violent and reckless
that's either a potent combination or something that's going to get me killed...
his eyes moved on and strayed at the female, he didn't know what to make of her. He had nothing against women- having served on several ships with them and finding them to be good warriors and even better company, but there was omething about this one. She flaunted her breasts but he could see that there was a cold calculating brain underneath, watching and waiting.
i'll satisfy my drunken lusts in the flesh houses once this meeting is over

He moved on to Matraous, who seemed friendly enough but had a mouth on him worse than many sea-farers he'd traveled with. Rhyithan was about to resume his small talk with the autarii, lex, that was until he said something aimed at the female which sobred him up instantly. he stared from one to the other, and felt his hand instinctively slide under his cloak and gently grip the hilt of his sword.

But then drunkedness kicke back in and he found himself luaghing aloud at the autarii's humerous sexism.
at least theres someone with a sense of humour here...
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Dewilds
Warrior

Post by Dewilds »

OOC: @almundis: I wasn't at the bar yet when I said that stuff to myself :P
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

ooc my bad, i simply assumed that you may have said some small talk and i got the impression your character has a bit of a mouth on him;)
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

IC: Lextalionis atleast got a reaction from the scarred one, a laugh, so maybe he wasn't terrible at talking anyway. Or you scarface. Whats your name? And who taught you to use your face to block swords, daggers and any other sharp object. The lack of articulated replies wasn't very convinient. But Lex had dealt with worse but it was more enjoyable to know ones comrades, it's not that he gave a flying rats arse about making good friends, or even friends, but fighting next to somebody you know is more... reliable

OOC: Lex's original statement is directed at everbody btw, he doesn't just want to learn the woman and scarface's name.
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

OOC: What do you mean by that scent of wine comment?

IC: Davhandrol noticed two more male druchii enter and walk over to the table. One was another shade with scar by his left eye, but other wise unremarkable. The last was a surly and violent looking druchii.

I'll have to watch that last one. He looks like a traniee, and they're dangerous and unpredictable at the best of times.

The first shade tried to break the ice and asked her for her name. This small talk caused the warrior, for some reason, to grab for his sword. She decided it would be best to answer, no sense making enemies out of prospective comrads before the job even started.

My name is Davhandrol, if you must know, she said to the shade in a neutral voice. And put that thing away, warrior, there is no need for us to fight while haveing just met. We ARE all here for the same reason.

She waited for their response and wished their employer would hurry and get his ass over here over here.
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

OOC: It is definately alright for you to post more than once per mod post! It really helps move character conversation as well as the story along. However, you will have to wait for a modpost to find out if your actions are successful or not (such as fights, jumping out of windows, etc.).

IC: Time creeps by as small conversation is made between the group of mercenaries, when suddenly a nearby clock strikes midnight. Almost instantly the door to the bar swings open and a lanky elf steps through its doors. The elf wears a tattered cloak, that falls barely past his waist, over a pair of dirty, mud stained robes. He leaves the door open and walks lethargically toward the table where the group is sitting. As he gets closer, you all notice that he is extremely thin, his cheekbones almost protruding through his translucent skin. You notice that his eyes seem cloudy, and that although he looks to each of you, it is as if he is looking through you at something else.

“All those answering the flyer please follow me.” He says in a monotone voice.

With that he turns abruptly around and begins to sluggishly make his way to the door, and out into the streets. You all are dumbfounded by the elf, but seeing as you have already waited quite some time for him to arrive, decide to follow him to see what job he has to offer. Chasing after him, you quickly leave the bar and shut the door behind you, finding him slowly making his way down the side of the street. You follow him for almost half an hour as he slowly leads you through back streets and narrow dark alleys, littered with trash, drunkards, and even corpses. Finally the man abruptly stops at the end of a dead end alleyway. You all look around, looking for some reason to have been brought to this place, but you can find nothing. Suddenly the strange man gives a low bow.

“Very good, your all here.” Comes a voice from behind you.

You all spin around to discover a tall, broad shouldered figure standing in entrance of the alley. He wears a long black cloak that shields his body from the cold, as well as your eyes; even as he walks towards you the cloak does not move or reveal whatever blade he may be drawing from beneath it. As he grows closer and you are able to further distinguish him from the darkness of the night, you notice that he wears a mask. It is made of beautiful polished silver, and is the shape of a placid Druchii face. The mysterious elf walks straight through the group, almost like a ghost, making no sound, not even the sound breathing.

“Amazing don’t you think?” comes the man’s voice from behind the mask, “That a potion slipped into a man’s drink can give you total dominion over his will.” The masked elf gives a chuckle as he walks in a circle around the scrawny elf that lead you hear. “Lets see how well it really works shall we?”

“Remove your clothes,” he orders the scrawny elf, and the elf instantly begins ripping off his tattered garments. After a short time the elf stands naked in the freezing alley, his entire body shivering in the cold. Suddenly, the masked elf’s hand emerges from its cloak, betwixt his fingers a large steel needle, about 7 inches long and a quarter of an inch in diameter. Without even a word, the masked elf plunges the needle deep into the naked elf’s chest.

Instantly the naked elf begins to scream, clutching at the wound in his chest. The group watches on horrifically as the flesh around the wound quickly turns black, almost like a horrible burn, and spreads from the origin of the wound to the extremities of the elf’s arms and legs. The elf collapses, and begins to shake violently, his screams becoming muffled by the blood that begins to clog his throat and leak from his mouth.

In less than a minute it is all over. You are all stunned into silence, gazes locked on the gruesome corpse lying on the icy ground. A laugh brings you back to your senses, and you look up to see that it is the masked man. “Amazing little poison I’ve brewed here wouldn’t you say?” the masked man chuckles sinisterly, “I invented it myself. I call it Khaine’s Blood. I enjoy using it much more than a simple sword or dagger. I like to think it adds a certain…art to killing.”

The masked elf surveys the clearly shaken group, his eyes hidden in the black void of the mask’s eye slits, giving you the sense that there isn’t even a soul behind the mask at all. “Well I’m glad you all have responded to my request. Even though you seem a bit rough around the edges. I have brought you all here for a very specific reason, a mission that is of great importance and will undoubtedly win you great wealth and favor amongst the elite of the city of Vikarh. However, before I throw you into the hydra’s den, I will require some proof of your fighting ability, as I cannot allow just any rough edged mercenaries to handle my case.”

“To prove your worth I will need you to travel to a secluded location outside the city of Vikarh. It is a dense forest that is inhabited by a small band of chaos marauders. The marauders recently raided a dark elf caravan and stole an artifact, a medallion to be exact, which was being shipped to a buyer here in Vikarh. The buyer was distraught at the loss of the valuable artifact and has asked me to retrieve it for him. Unfortunately, I have pressing matters to attend to that deal with your true mission, and thus cannot retrieve it myself. So I am assigning this to you. Locate the marauder tribe, retrieve the medallion, and return to Vikarh. If you succeed in this task, I may judge you worthy enough to inform you more about the true mission I have brought you here for.”

“If you have any questions ask them quickly…for time is of the essence as the marauders will likely move soon.”
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

IC:Rhyithan did his best to hide his disgust at the murder that had just occured before his eyes, but this masked druchi had said something of interest.
...I have questions. what do you know of their numbers? Should we expect a dozen or a hoarde? Is there anything important we should know about this amedallion, how will we recognise it? And most importantly- what name do these marauders go by?

Rhyithan looked into the hollow sockets of the mask, hoping to assert himself some presence over the employer.

I'm sure as hell glad i brought my own wine to that place....

Rhyithan stares to his new comrades, wondering if any would walk away at the sight of the gruesome death. he was glad to see that none of them did.
They may be a myriad of cut-throats, exiles and nomads, but they have balls.

He grinned to himself at the thought, regaining some confidence, stared to his new employer for some answers.

I may get some degree of revenge before the new day goes out

"Their numbers are unknown, but the few reports about their attacks estimate approximately twenty of them. As for their tribal name, there is no information.

The information of the medallion is as follows: It is described as a golden serpent wrapped around a brilliant glowing emerald. It is said to date back to before the sundering, and was blessed to give the wearer strength. It is extremely valuable and rare, so above all make sure that it's well being is your top priority."
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

OOC: What did I mean by the scent of wine comment? Well it's a bit hard too paraphrase and have exactly the same meaning. It was a comment on the fact that she didn't accept or drink any wine, it also mentioned her femaleness and the fact they are supposedly more sensitive, which can be mistaken for fragility, it was also ironic in that a female chooses to hang about with cutthroats and join in on the throat cutting most likely, also hints of sarcasm in that she doesn't appear that fragile. Basically it was a sentence that lost it's elegance and subtle meaning when explained fully.

IC: The female druchii told the group that her name was Davhandrol. Lex didn't have any more time too get replies from any other comrades when a rather odd looking man entered the bar and came directly too their table and summoned them. This man must be drunk or something to move like that, but he doesn't seem drunk. The pace was slow and when they finally reached their destination he stopped and gave a low bow.

The strange events that followed left Lextalionis feeling, impressed more than anything. He made sure not to show it, but he couldn't help raising an eyebrow when the elf stripped naked. The masked man offered them a job, two jobs with one being a preliminary task. Killing the marauders didn't sound too bad. Lex watched and listened as the scarred elf asked his questions and, rather humourly, attempted to impose himself over their employer. What other rewards will we get for retrieving this medallion? Surely we will get more than more work, and besides extra equipment for the job can only be in your interest. The cold of the night was never fun and this night was particularly cold. I really should invest in some warmer clothing, especially if this fellow decides he likes midnight meeting. I should also stay on this bloke's good side.

"More work? You imply that your ultimate task is something as meager as the assignment I have just given you. I assure you, the ultimate mission is in itself a fine reward...

However, you are mercenaries after all, and live by the depth of your pockets... Bring me back the medallion and I shall give you a suitable reward of gold for your labor. As for equipment, what you carry with you should be more than adequate for dispatching an unruly group of marauding thugs. They are dimwitted barbarians after all, and a keen druchii mind alone is sharp enough to dispatch of them.
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Kurlan was a little shocked at how the poison took effect. He was glad the test involved killing marauders, they were all the same in his opinion, they all deserved to die a horrible death. He looked at the masked man and simply said "I will be happy to kill marauders, reward or not, I assume I can do whatever i wish with the survivors?"

"I like the way you think good druchii. Yes, I care not about what happens to the marauders. You may butcher them all and feed them to the wolves by hand if you like. All I require is the safe delivery of the amulet."

Group 17 Mod
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

Davhandrol looked down at the corpse in front of them. Not exactly what I'd call art, but brilliant none the less The sight of their emplyer disturbed her far more, dark and almost spectral with that expressionless mask. Quickly putting aside any shock his appearance may have caused, she put her cold, calculating mind to work. The thought of gold enticed her, but she put those thoughts aside, knowing greed had ruined her before and that she could perhaps get something more useful.

Do you have anymore specifidcs on the terrain? Even dim-witted humans can be dangerous if you let them, and they will likely have the advantage of knowing the area, if nothing else. Also, I our true assignment will bring us the glory and riches you promise, then I have no need of gold for this meager task. However, that poison of yours intrigues me, and I would rather like to get my hands on some.

"The forrest I described to you is fixed in a small basin, and is very thick. You should be able to use the thickness of the trees to your advantage so as to approach the marauders without detection. You can also expect the marauders to have made a clearing to camp in, one situated on level ground.

And I appreciate your interest in my poison; however, this dark poison is not something for sale. The supplies alone take years to cultivate and are incredibly rare, and the brewing of the poison itself takes over a decade. Needless to say, if I were inclined to market this poison of mine it would go for something of a small fortune.

However, if poisons are what interests you, then there are many powerful toxins that one can find if they know where to look. Bring me back the amulet and I will reward you with a suitable venom for one as fair as yourself."
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Kurlan waved his hand in dismissal towards Davhandrol "Never mind terrain, lets just get moving. But i do agree that poison looks mighty useful." Then drew his shortsword and lnog dagger, cutting shapes in the air. "Come on everybody, the quicker we go kill these chaos scum the better, and by the way my name is Kurlan"
Last edited by Beastmaster kurlan on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Group 17 Mod