SAU 13 - Sign up and OOC Thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Khel
Angel of Darkness

SAU 13 - Sign up and OOC Thread

Post by Khel »

Welcome one and all to the thirteenth SAU. I'm your host Khel and shall be with you all the way in this game. If you are new to this game then read through the following terms and policies below. ;)

This is following piece is taken from Tarbo' last thread for It basically says what I want to say and in more depth. I added not much to it but you can basically see where I did add on.

SAU? What's a SAU, you gibbering ape!?
SAU stands for Slaaneshi Amongst Us. For those of you familiar with Maffia or similar games, you'll find there are a great many likenesses. Allow me to go over the basics anyway.

A SAU works in two repetitive phases: Day and Night .

Each Night , one player is killed by a group typically called "Infiltrators", or "Slaaneshi" for historical reasons. The Infiltrators are a small, secret group hidden amongst the players in the game.

Each Day , everyone convenes in what we call a council . Infiltrators pose as regular players and partake normally in discussions. During the Day, the Council may vote by majority to have someone removed from the game. If someone is removed, the removed player's identity is revealed and the Day ends. Days are typically much longer than Nights.

The goal for the Infiltrators is to defeat the majority in Council; they must have at least as many members as there are other players (so they cannot be voted anymore). The goal for everyone else is to find and vote off all the Infiltrators.

Who is allowed to play?
Everyone who signs up before the game starts. All I require of prospective players is that they take the few rules to heart.

What are the rules?
Both Day as Night last only a set period of time, during which everything must be said and decided. The actual timeframes are typically about 72-120 hours for the Day and about 48-72 for the Night. The system is as follows:

A Night has a plain and simple deadline. Players who have special abilities (such as the Infiltrators) must relay their use to the host (Khel in this case). The Night ends when either everyone communicated use of abilities or when the deadline passes.

A Day has a double deadline system. A first, activity deadline is set by which everyone must have given a sign of life by an In-Character post or be removed. A second deadline is set by which the Day forcefully ends regardless of voting.

At Day, each player may cast a vote against another player. As soon as a majority vote is reached, the voted player is removed from the game and the Day ends. Each player has one and exactly one vote. If you vote for another player, an implicit unvote for your previous target is understood.

Who plays the Infiltrators?
Infiltrators are players, picked randomly at the start of the game. Only the Infiltrators themselves know who they are, and they may communicate freely with eachother at Night. Notifications about roles are sent before the game kicks off. If you have not received a message before the game starts, you were not assigned a special character (but you can still play the game, of course!).

How do I sign up?
Leave a post in this thread saying you want to sign up for the game. You can sign up until the game actually starts; anyone else will be kept as reserves should someone unexpectedly drop out.

How many people can play?
There are no set limits. Typically, SAUs have between 12 and 20 players, but I can take more if needed.

If you have any questions then ask away. I shall be happy to answer them, plus if you have a question during the game itself, then just PM me instead of asking everyone on the OOC thread, for it gives too much away then.

So, come one, come all and sign up...If you dare...

One more thing. A single word which shall give you insight to the games location.

Araby
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Kfpm
Executioner

Post by Kfpm »

I'll sign up! I'll try and do my best, but feel free to kick me in the face if I start going wrong :P.
Of course in this place every exit is also an entrance! Giggity gig gig ga-goo!
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

excellent - slannesh spreads his sinuous influence even further.... I'm in.
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

Sounds interesting. Count me in please.
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

Oh, definately. Count me in Khel :)
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I'm in on it!
Two questions though:
How do the Infiltrators communicate? a seperate forum or PM?
Is there in character names or are we assumed to be going by our forum names (bikeninja has meaning to me, but it makes a horrible druchii name)

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

Count me in
Sanity is highly overrated
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Sign me up!
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

Ill play bikeninja the infiltrator's communicate my pm we can use different names but most people use there forum name.
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

Yeah. Id love to play. Im a bit of a retard when it comes to these things so some help would be greatly appreciated. a crash course on how these things work would be nice.

:)
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

"Coombs, why do i keep you around! :/"
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

I'd be more then willing to play.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Draithon
Black Guard

Post by Draithon »

Im in!
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.

Sun Tzu
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

51la5 wrote:Ill play bikeninja the infiltrator's communicate my pm we can use different names but most people use there forum name.

Now, I'm not running this thing, so I can't tell whether or not you can join, but I am a mod, and I can tell you this:

When posting on this forum, we would greatly appreciate it, if you took just a little time to make sure what you write makes sense, and is readable. You don't need to write english as if it were your first language, but everyone knows how to use punctuation. And I know you can do better, I have seen other posts by you mate. So take just a little time. Noones perfect, but everyone can do their best.

Let's look at your sentence again.
Ill play bikeninja the infiltrator's communicate my pm we can use different names but most people use there forum name.

What you have written is that you will play bikeninja, which is odd since I think he would like to do that himself, and that the infiltrators will send you pm to each other. After that, you sentence looses it's last speck of meaning.

And this is not just aimed at 5ila5; this is something everyone should think about. There has been a lot of ugly writing on this board lately. Fair enough, typos exist, but even those can be removed if you just run your post through quickly before pressing 'submit'. Noones perfect, but do your best, and noone can complain.

Games like this will require much writing and reading. It is very hard to deduce the intentions of a player that is writing gibberish. While this in itself can be an advantage to the player in question, it is, at least to me, annoying when someone is making no sense. And posting a single line every time. Again, I do not run these things, and I apologize if I seem elitistic, that is far from my intention, but I would ask this: If you want to be in, consider whether your English skills are sufficient. Can you write at so people understand you? Can you argue a case? Can you(and this is not required, but it adds flavour) play a role? Are you prepared to spend some time on the game every day?

You do not have to be an expert, far from it. And if you wish to improve your English, this is a good opportunity to do some writing, but you will be required to do some work, to put a little effort into it. Read all the posts since your last login. Write proper, understandable posts. If you are willing to put in the effort, I can assure you it will pay off in a great, fun game.

God, I hate ranting. I am sorry, and I do not wish to deter any from playing, nor do I wish to hurt anyone's feelings.

--

King Coombs: It is fairly simple to learn as you go. Basicly, you play a role in a situation where a group of people have been assembled. There are murderers among you. The job of this council/group/staff/party/whatever is then to weed out the traitors among them, before the traitors weed out the loyalists. This is done by voting; each day, one player is voted out, to be executed/interrogated/put in jail/whatever, and is then out of the game. Each night, the traitors may murder a player.

So, the purpose of the game is for the loyalists to deduce who the traitors are, and for the murders to dispose of the loyalists. The game has to phases, day and night, which I have already mentioned. The night-phase is quiet; players cannot usually post(imagine the characters has gone to bed), but the traitors can dispose of someone in this phase. The day-face is all about discussion; accusations flying around, arguments taking place, thus trying to uncover the indentities of the traitors. The traitors themselves, are part of the council, and thus seeks to mislead the loyalists. It's pretty simple. Just a lot of arguing, resulting in someone loosing his head :)

Apart from being just Loyalist and Traitor, there are several other special roles, which awards special powers.

The actual rules of the game, will be presented by Khel, when he starts up, I'm sure. This is just the basics. Not that it gets more complicated, don't worry. Hope that covers it.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Awesome, It sounds a lot like a party game I've played called warewolves. Easy enough

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

bikeninja wrote:Awesome, It sounds a lot like a party game I've played called warewolves. Easy enough

It is based on the same principles, yes :)
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I already have the opening story prepared but I'm still waiting for people to join in. I'm trying to get around 16.

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Just compiling the current player list. More is wanted

1. KFPM
2. Slortor
3. LordAnubis
4. bikeninja
5. Highborn on Black Dragon
6. Belial
7. 51la5
8. King Coombs #1
9. Shadow Dark
10. Draithon

------------------------
Approximately seven more people wanted, plus I know a few people who may I want to join in this game as they do occasionally.

*Cough*Drainial*Cough*
*Cough*Possibly Tarbo?*cough*
*Cough*Ashnari?*Cough*

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

How could I ever pass up the opportunity to play my own charming self? ;) Sure, I'll be your lamb to the slaughter.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Alright no need to get consuption over it I will play.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

I'll play Khel
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Shadow lord
Corsair

Post by Shadow lord »

count me in :D
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Mercy is for the weak and the weak dont deserve to live isnt that right bunny.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

@Drainial

What's consuption?

Ok, three (3) more people have a lucky chance of getting in.

1. KFPM
2. Slortor
3. LordAnubis
4. bikeninja
5. Highborn on Black Dragon
6. Belial
7. 51la5
8. King Coombs #1
9. Shadow Dark
10. Draithon
11. Tarbo
12. Drainial Shadowheart
13. Demendred
14. Shadow guy2

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Consumption = Tuberculosis. You know what that is?
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

An infectious bacterial disease characterised by the growth of nodules in the tissue.

Now do you want to join or what Arnold?

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Yes, I'll join. Those nodules cause your lung tissues to degrade, and turn into liquid, which subsequently causes you to cough up your lungs.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth