Group 22

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

There was no one at the back door. K looked through, no one near it. She turned to find that both Elysian and Fiat had followed her down. She shut and bolted it, and left Elysian to put some kind of magic lock on it. Shaking her head, she motioned Fiat to come back up with her.

At the top of the stairs, V had finished sleeping the two wakeful guards. Taking up her last bottle and the rags, she and the others set about drugging all the sleeping guards. Some of them reacted quick enough to try to jump forward and scream, but strong hands on their faces kept them down. Soon all eight guards in the room were out of the game.

K felt pretty sure there was a little antechamber where guards watched the barracks entry, just through the door. She wasn't sure how many would be in there but she sure did wish she had one more vial. The least she could do was bring the rags with her, they might still have some effect.

They burst through the door, and things started happening. A big guy with a shield ran one way, while a smaller fellow ran for the opposite door. K threw her rags out randomly across the room, and prepared to beat down with wooden sword.

She had no more tricks up her sleeve, and felt kinda foolish.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

OOC: sorry for the delay, almost didn't notice this...

IC:
The door shut, thankfully without any issues, and setting about the sleeping guards was also rather simple. Things were going good, Fiat thought to himself, so what's about to go wrong?

A silent guard had noticed them and ran. The group chased after him and found a familiar face, one of Sevros veterans. A part of Fiats mind thought he could talk the guard out of a fight, mention that they were returning from another mission. That would, no doubt, not go over well and was against the ideals of this training exercise.

Alright then, fight it is.

Holding is sword, still in its scabbard, Fiat chased after the runner. He was certainly not the fastest in the group, but the others seemed focused on the fight infront of them. Elysian was at least attempting to slow him down with a spell.

Fiat will try to chase down the runner and knock him out with the hilt of his sword.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Hopefully I should be back up to a few posts a week now, not sure I will have the time to post daily though. Apologies again for the inconvenience but things took a turn for the worse my way. I've dropped out of everything else apart from Path of Chaos to focus on this game again as to not slow it down even further.

IC -

The group burst out of the sleeping hall of the Guard House and into the entrance chamber, seeing the veteran run towards the door shielding the young runner, just as two other guards drew arms and came at them. The table the veteran had kicked over blocked the doorway for a moment, and sent hot soup spilling across the floor, making it slick and dangerous. Elysian dropped into cover behind the table and turned his mind to the Wind of Chamon, locking his gaze on the running guard and intending to slow him down. As he prepared his spell, Vryala and Karonath sprang past him, jumping onto the edge of the upturned table and then springing over. Fiat and Saldrimek followed right behind them, just as Phalx dove to his knees beside the Mage, using the edge of the table as a firing position to aim with his crossbow.

Vryala and Karonath charged for the veteran, as Fiat made to swing round and intercept the runner before he reached the door. Saldrimek threw himself at one of the other two guards, who were moving to cut the group off. The other ran past the Khainite and counter charged Fiat, slamming into him from the side as he made his run for the door. In an instant, the chamber became a whirlwind of combat. Elysian grasped the air with his open hand and then clenched it shut, and the armour of the runners knee joints buckled and caused him to falter, falling to the ground just before he reached the door. Karonath threw her sleeping rags in the direction of the two guards, but by now they were expecting attack and they both dodged them, instead engaging Fiat and Saldrimek in single combat.

Phalx let fly a few shots of Deathspitter despite their non-lethal intnet, which sailed past Vryala and hit the veteran on the shield, rocking him back and causing Vryala to snarl in frustration. Fortunately the bolts stopped just as she neared the brute, and she slammed into his shield with her own, sending him into a backwards stumble. Karonath was right behind her, a wooden training Draich swinging about as she went for the incapacitated runner. As Vryala pressed on the veteran however, intending to stick a dart in the side of his neck and put him to sleep, he suddenly fought back. His shield smashed her hand away, and then he kicked her shield out further to the side where it was extended to put her off balance. The hilt of his sword met her lion facemask a moment later, sending her back a step with a loud ringing in her ears. Karonath was right above the runner when the veteran changed targets, and stopped her downward blow to knock out the runner with an upwards cut of his own, steel sword.

Fiat and Saldrimek found themselves hard pressed, the young guards attacking with speed and precision. All they seemed to lack was experience, and they came at the well honed warriors with textbook manoueveres and combinations. Fiat dodged left and then parried to the right, already anticipating the next stroke that would come diagonally from the left, and blocking that too. The guard recoiled and span, coming into a low crouch with his sword coming about for the warriors heels. Fiat slammed a foot down on the blade, wrenching it from the guards grip and then smashed his shield upwards into the face of the crouching guard, causing him to flip over and go flat out on his back, disarmed and unconcious. Saldrimek was already dealing with the other guard in a similar fashion.

Only the veteran guard was putting up a decent fight, but now all eyes turned to him as he was left standing amidst the entire group.
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

His bolts missed Vryala, his fire cut short as she smashed into the guard. She probably wouldn't see it that way, but there it was. The rest of the strong band were engaged. In a matter of moments only the veteran remained. Phalx grinned as he moved away, trusting the others to deal with him. He moved towards the manor, flicking his hood up as he went.

Phalx will quickly reload Deathspitter. He will then head towards the main manor building of the grounds, hiding in shadows and cover, spying out the best route to continue their mission.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

She threw her rags as she burst through the door, and if she hadn't been to busy she would have seen that they did not even bother anyone. She jumped over the table and went for the running guy. He tripped, or at least he fell, so K changed tack charged the guy with the shield. A couple bolts whistled past her and for a moment the thought of death flitted through her mind ; then she instantly realised that this would be Phalx shooting from behind. Then again she felt fear of death ; or more specifically, fear consequences of deathing a house guard...

The bolts hit his shield and stunned him briefly. K stepped around him to give the runner a whack on the head with her wooden sword. A steel one got between just in time. For an instant K wondered if she might not look silly in the guards' eyes, but this thought perished with the realisation of the speed of his movements - this guy could fight, and she had a wooden sword.

So K will try and jab at him from outside his reach, and hopefully between the four of them they can get him off balance and she can nut him when he's not looking.

OOC : I wonder what the guard makes of this attack by people he has known for years?
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The runner fell and most of the others were quickly overwhelmed. Only one put up some true resistance, one who had been with house Blackthorn long before he himself had joined it. Seeing that said veteran was already the focus of several mercenaries attention Elysian knew that this room was more or less secured. What was in the next room though that was something he would like to know.

So long as no guards are looking like escaping or getting the better of anyone Elysian will have a quick scout of what lies ahead making sure to keep unseen by anyone who might be lurking.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

OOC: treason!!!!

IC:

The group had their wits about them; the guards couldn't have had more than three steps advantage, and so they charged without hesitation. Sevro had trained these goons well, however - sensing their foes' intent they evaded the initial attack with commendable skill. V locked on to the sergeant, intending to test his mettle in earnest; the joy of her assault only hampered somewhat by the proximity of Deathspitter's bolts. Apparently Phalx had once again decided the best course of action was to see just how close he could shoot past Vryala's head without actually killing her.

All irritations aside, the Shade's projectiles did find their mark and unbalanced the savvy sarge. V smashed into him, but despite being on the back foot he reacted fast and rebuffed her. Not only that, he made use of the opening to thwart K's assault as well. V smiled under her mask; that was pretty damn impressive; in many ways a challenge she could not refuse. His mastery of Anarin Sarath has improved a lot, she snickered. If you don't mind backing off, guys, I'd like to take this one on solo. She realized she wasn't allowed to kill the guard, but if he gave up without a struggle in any way Sevro would have him beheaded. In a sense, V was doing the guy a favour, although she intended it to be a very painful one for him. Let's fight! I'll show you the next level of our style...

V takes up southpaw stance, using her blade solely to defend herself and her shield mainly for offense. Unlikely to be lethal, but solid enough to put the veteran's lights out!
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : Fight with honour! Can you do any less?
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

OOC: Oh, right, this thing... I hope you weren't all waiting for me. sorry..

IC: The guards were dropping like flies. They needed better training, but Fiat wasn't complaining about that right now. He had a mission.
He dispatched his opponent, and realized that only the veteran was left, squaring off against Vryala. Fiat strapped his sword to his belt and prepared for the show.

Watches the duel, but prepared to jump in the moment V starts to lose

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - I wasn't waiting on you guys I just haven't had the time to post. Strange how you stop doing something because you get busy and only after you're not doing it realise how much time it was taking off your hands. Now I'm finding it hard to give the time back to this. I think I'm going to have to put the whole thing on pause for the time being guys, I've stopped everything else I was doing on the site but I wouldn't like to end this here and now. I have the main storyline for this chapter in mind I'm just not sure how to continue it at the moment, and I feel we'd be better off waiting until I have more time to focus on it anyway. Let's give it a month or so and see how things play out...

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

OOC - Alright! I hope you get things sorted out. Life can be a rollercoaster sometimes... :P

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

OOC: Well life has a habbit of getting in the way of RPGs, we will be here when you come back.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

OOC: Waiting dutifully. I know what its like, life getting in the way. It's happened twice!

EDIT: I really only come here for the RPG, so without it I might drop off the site. If and when you get this going again, could you message me on facebook (Jeffrey Livermore, anyone else, feel free to add me)

Thanks

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

OOC: BReak is a good idea. Swamped with end of uni essays etc at the moment anyway so yeah will be good. will come back refreshed and ready.

And who knows, maybe the art will be finished by then.
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : Well good luck then! See you in whenevent.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

OOC: Hey guys. Its been a while, and I can't wait to get back into this. To keep me occupied until we head back out again on our adventures I have tasked myself with the, 30 Day Writers Challenge.

Todays had to be a piece of fan fiction. So I wrote about the one and only Phalx Tr'dsar.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FZP5eiYT9oBHa9QoZupMzLbESbG5q1yyu9BZH3CiPIQ/edit

Tell me what you think.

I miss the group, and can't wait to get back into this.

Loving regards,
Tom.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Right guys, sorry sorry sorry and many more apologies for the delays and whatnot. Don't hold me to this but I think things are good for me to continue this from this week on, so I will try to get a mostpost in later in the week, maybe even tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes from there. I'm still pretty busy in my life but I'm not liking RPG withdrawal too much.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

One by one the group started to come back around, a little unsure of what had just happened. The raid on the Estate felt somewhat distant, as though it had been some time ago despite the fact they could remember nothing between then and now. There was a foggy haze hanging over their eyes, which gradually parted to allow the flicker of a witchlight to bring them back to their senses. A couple of them sat up with a start, realising they were in the apothecarium, old Yurul stooped over another unconcious form upon one of the beds. Some clutched at sore heads, others grasped stiff necks and took in deep breaths of air through bruised muscles. Confusion gripped them for a moment longer, as they rose wearily to sit upright in their beds, and then somebody screamed.

The sound startled them back to their senses, and all six members of the group shot bolt upright and instinctively reached for their weapons. It was only then that they realised the scream had come from Yuruls patient, and they glanced over to see the Master Apothecary toss a black fletched crossbow bolt into a pan of water, instantly turning the clear liquid red. They didn't have to look twice to see that it was one of Phalxs' bolts, and with another piece of the puzzle pushed firmly back into place their minds began to flood them with the memories and answers of their recent events. They all remembered approaching from the sewers, overcoming the lower defences of the Estate in their mock-raid and then stalking through the guard house putting all to sleep with non lethal toxins. And then they had reached another room, a room where the guards had been alert and ready...

Karonath, Vryala and Fiat had made a dash for the veteran leader of the guards, as Phalx slipped out into the courtyard beyond and Elysian tried to slow the guards down, Saldrimek tearing into the youths that tried to block their path. What had happened next was a bit of a blur, but after Saldrimek put both young guards to the ground with non lethal sweeps of the flat of his axe, the veteran had still somehow managed to get past the rest of the group. Phalx, already in the courtyard, had only enough time to hit one of the guards on the wall in the leg with a debilitating shot before the veteran cracked the back of his head with the pommel of his sword. The noise of the sudden commotion startled the guards on the wall, who in a moment of confusion and uncertainty decided not to open fire but instead threw down some sort of grenade. The choking smoke it unleashed had disorientated them enough for the veteran to rally the guards in defence. The guards had surrounded them and robbed them of their senses one by one, while Sevro was summoned and informed of the unexpected assault.

By the time they remembered, the Guard Captain was already standing in the apothecary doorway with a smug look on his scarred and twisted face.

"Not bad! I don't think the men expected a thing, and certainly not an assault from below like that. It does trouble me somewhat that you made it so far into the Estate without the alarm being raised, but I must ask, is it because of your impressive skills as mercenaries, or the need for more training for my men? I do now fear that if the Skaven would employ a team of scouts as stealthy and as well armed as you lot are, the results could be catastrophic. Let us pray to Khaine that the foul ratmen do not possess such talents, but I will be doubling the sewer watch nonetheless! As reward for his thwarting of your assault, Koralus, one of my oldest guards, has been promoted to lead this bolstered team. Or at least... he will be, once he recovers from his injuries... even once surrounded and forced to use blunted weapons, you lot didn't go down without a fight."

The Guard Captain indicated to the other side of the room with a pass of his hand, where the group noticed close to a dozen guards laying battered and bruised upon their hospital beds. The sight made them laugh, the dark rumble of a band of Druchii warriors having awoken to find that even in defeat, they had succeeded nonetheless. They had proven their Estate was well defended, and that it took more than twice as many guards as it did their number to see them to Yurul instead of a double victory. The taste of victory was still theirs to enjoy, and it was well deserved.

OOC - I'll leave it there and let those of you who want to speak or act get a post in before I move the story on. Hope you're all still here and willing!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Rubbing his head Elysian had to admit to being impressed, this was the second time he had been caught on the Blackthorn estate and this time he had not been trying to get seen. Still at least it did show that the new guards were coming along nicely.

"Upping the sewer watch is good but I noticed a lack of wards on that door. A simple alarm shouldn't take me long to put in place and would mean that no one could do what we did unless they had a mage with them and thought to check."

Offer to set a magic ward on the sewer door (wind of Chamon)

Gentleman of Moderation
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Off in the distance at first, Phalx heard a voice. He woke slowly and groggily, reaching for a sword and crossbow that weren't there. This made him sit bolt upright. Where was he, what of the mock attack? Where was he now? The sound of a light splashing brought him back into focus. He saw one of his fine dark feather bolts floating in a bowl of pink bloody water. It was the apothecary wing, and Yurul was tending the wounded as always.

His ears caught the end of the guard captains speech. He looked over to the dozen or so battered guards and gave a dark cackle. There duties were simpler, and they were weaker warrior for it. He could say a lot about the ma adventures he had been through, but no one could doubt his strength because of them. He fished about in one of his vest pockets, trying to forget about the throbbing pain in his head. He pulled out two dozen gold coins, handing them to the captain, but making sure he could be heard by the other guards.

There you go, see you and your boys have a few drinks on me. He gave a nod to the guards, as he shakily got to his feet. He must have been out for a descent amount of time, his head was pounding. He found his weapons on a table next to him, and spent a few minutes quickly checking over Deathspitter. His crossbow would be cleaned, oiled and polished before he slept this evening.

Elysian was going on about something or other, Phalx wasn't really paying attention. he was hungry though, and in the mood for a fine drink of wine, or something stronger if he could get his pale hands on it. He looked at the others. Fancy a bite to eat and a drink, i think we've earned it.

Phalx will offer the guards 24 gold for some drinks,and then will wait to see what the others are up to.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

The first of Vryala's senses to return was her smell. The scent of blood, it hung thick about the air, awakening and refreshing her warrior spirit. Her fist clenched, expecting to feel the reassurance of a sword's hilt. Nothing there. That, of course, sent V into full alert, and as she sat upright she could see her friends suffering much the same. Now realising they were at the Apothecary, relief washed over her despite the incessant screaming that was coming from the operating table. Looks like Phalx couldn't restrain himself yet again, she thought grimly. I hope that guard will recover well.

Vryala remembered now. The plan was going quite smoothly, up until they ran into that Khaine-forsaken veteran and everything went to hell. Now Sevro made his appearance, declaring both sides' missions a success; however hard she tried V could not see it the same way. As far as she was concerned, their mission had failed, and it had all been because of the fine leadership and quick response of that veteran guy. Koralus, eh? No question, that must be him... credit where credit's due, that filthy bastard! Nevertheless, the sight of so many goons squirming in pain lightened her spirits and when Phalx suggested they'd grab a bite to eat V happily obliged. I'll be right behind you, Shade, just have to pay my respects to this Koralus guy first...

Vryala goes to see Koralus to congratulate him on his well-deserved promotion and commend his mastery of Anarin Sarath, then goes with Phalx for some hearty grub and fresh wine.

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

K woke. An image of a wooden sword swinging in a smoky room flashed behind her closed eyelids. She could hear muffled noises of screaming. There was no smell. Then she heard a much louder scream, as if from inside her head, and she sat up and turned, just in time to see the apothecary throw a black bolt aside. She saw a little glut of blood jump out of the elf's leg, and then it suddenly stopped as the Master grabbed hold. She thought briefly of the twin blades of Yori,and then of the Vampire, and she shuddered.

The elf had the livery of Blackthorn. She looked about, and there were all her companions laid out on bunks, and looking freshly risen, bleared and bad-tempered. Her head was sore, their heads looked sore, and K knew they wouldn't be getting their bonus.

She sat and tried to recall, through the pain, what had happened. They talked awhile, and though nobody could remember all, between them they remembered enough to stitch the scene together. Then the door swung open, and the Captain came in. He confirmed their guesses, and commended them for their efforts. But it still, for K's part, burned shamefully as he spoke the words of praise. She had hoped to be commending him for the efforts about now. Now? What time, what day was it?

So K will go down for food and news.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

The group waited for Sevro to finish his commendments and then arose rather groggily, quickly reuniting themselves with their real weapons which one of the house slaves had brought down for them in case of trouble. As they armed themselves once again, Vryala approached Koralus and tried to stir him back to conciousness, but the veteran was out cold. She studied the way his nose had been broken, and a memory flashed behind her eyes, her shield cutting up into his face to knock him back, someone elses wooden weapon hitting his head from the side. The guard would recover, but the side of his head needed stitching back together. Were it a real sword that had hit him though, there wouldn't be a head left there to stitch.

Elysian was asking Sevro about setting a magical ward in the sewers, an idea which the Guard Captain seemed to approve of and be grateful for, but which he told the Mage not to act upon until Varin had agreed. Their employer, Sevro reminded them, was still at the Council for it was now only the early hours of the morning following their mock raid. Blackthorn was not due back for several hours, and so they made their way out of the hospital wing and down the corridor to the entrance hall, and the feasting chamber beyond. Despite Varins' absence, someone had already ordered the slaves to prepare breakfast and to bring wine in celebration of both sides' victory. Those that wanted to sat down and filled their stomachs, while awaiting the rising sun, hoping it would bring with it word from their employer.

Sure enough, a couple of hours later when the sun had finally clawed its way out from behind the icy clouds of the early winter morning, they heard the call for the gates to be opened. There were several distinct horn blasts the group had become accustomed to, especially since they had their own call sounded when approaching, and this one was unmistakeable. Varin had returned, having been absent from the estate for several days whilst deliberating and scheming with the Council of Vikarh, mostly about the best way to deal with the Cities' vermin problem. Eager to hear news on the situation, the group made their way out into the courtyard, Sevro meeting them half way as he headed out of the apothecarium, leaving his wounded men in the capable hands of Yurul.

Varin rode through the gates atop a fearsome black steed, pale only in comparison to the hellion only they and a select few knew he possessed, his dark pegasus. He had referred to the beast as Heartrender in the days that followed the Fall of Tvar, named partly after the infamous weapon of Morathi, mother of the Witch King, and partly after the way it had tried to impale the Vampiress during the battle at the estate. Their noble employer dismounted and handed his running horse to one of the servants at hand, who took it and led it away to be fed and watered. Varin started to cross the courtyard towards them at a brisk walk, and as he drew closer they noticed his usually tranquil disposition seemed to be far removed.

Varin approached them and gave a sweeping glance of greeting, one which they returned with a nod out of respect and servitude to their Master. Even Sevro, their employers oldest friend and probably the toughest elf in the estate to crack, lowered his head in submission as Blackthorn arrived.

"Friends, do come back inside, it is a bitter morning this day, though not nearly as much as the Council was these past few nights. There has been much debate about what to do about the Skaven without leaving our Cities outer defences weakened by drawing the City Guard underground. I will explain the conclusions to our councelling somewhere a little more discreet, away from the prying ears of those who might care to listen in."

Sensing their Lords seriousness, the group followed Varin back inside.

"A detailed plan of manouevers has been laid out by the Drach of Vikarh," continued Blackthorn, now resting his chin on his linked fists at the head of his long table, seated with only Sevro and the six of them. "The plan is to hit certain parts of the sewer lines with simultaneous assaults, drawing the ratmen out of hiding and into retreat. Several of the old sewer tunnels under the commoners quarter will be collapsed, either driving the Skaven out further of crushing them in their lairs. These points have all been carefully selected, so that when routed the rats will all be running to one area. That's when we tighten the noose around their necks, the raiding teams having moved in to surround them. If we're down there with them so they can't run down, they're going to come up into the City, right into the jaws of the final part of the trap... The Drachs' Midnight Guard and the acolytes of the Temple of Khaine will be waiting for them on the surface.

As it would not be wise for the Drach to leave his walls undefended though, only a small portion of these underground assaults will be undertaken by the City Guard. The rest will be made up of the house guards and hit teams of the more powerful Noble estates, of which we are of course now counted. As you may have guessed, this is what has led to much of the discussion in the Council. Who gets to hit the rats where seems to be one of the bigger issues, for most of those power hungry dogs want all the glory for themselves."
Varin paused, and let out a dark rumbling chuckle. "Which is of course my main intention as well. I have a map of the sewer complex, marked with the tunnels where I need you to ambush the ratmen in two nights time, in order to draw them in towards the middle of the City...

The map is also marked with the location where the mercenaries of one of my fellow Councillers will be attacking, not far from your own position. This Druchii is... well let's just say an obstacle in the path of my success. I need his men taken care of while they are underground, and for it to look like the rats got the better of them. That way, with him temporarily weakened, one of the younger nobles or merchants bold enough to do so will likely take the oppertunity to try and seize his estate, either killing him or taking from him his power, in either case removing him from the Council and out of my way. If you can pull this off for me, I assure you the rewards will be great."

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

He had to give it to Varin, he knew how to look impressive. Of course he had just returned from another council meeting. He was an up and comer, and Phalx was more then happy to stand by him, as more wealth and power flowed into the House of Blackthorn. He gave a slight nod of respect. He spoke of them as friends. He served well and hadn't betrayed him yet, but to call Varin Blackthorn and friend? He let it slid, and followed the others back inside.

Serious matters were to be discussed it seemed, for no food or wine was brought out. The noble went straight into it. Infighting, power grubbing, and death. They were always matters of the noble houses, and were the reason why Phalx lived in the relative luxury of House Blackthorn. The ratmen where the backdrop for the current bout of events and plays of the nobles. An interesting situation ,for a disgusting and damned foe.

He studied the map with the others. The rats would not be very active where they had attacked before, at least he thought from what he knew of the foe. They also needed to see this other group of mercenaries dead, and if by ratmen hands all the better. A plan began to form in the Shades head, and he quickly shared it with the others.

We need to find out where this group of soon to be dead bastards is in the sewers. When we fin this out, we find the largest den of the stinking piss weak rats we can. Now with these two bits of information, we either lead the elves blindly into the ratmen, where they will be torn apart, or, if we can, we drive these ratmen at them, hoping that in their flight from us, they will smash through the other mercenaries. I'll volunteer to spy on and watch the elves, if someone else find the ratmen.

His plan laid out, Phalx will wait to see what the others think.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

The group were reunited with Varin, returning once again from one of many Council meetings, and yet again his aura seemed more dominating and powerful. V merely nodded in response and followed her employer inside.

He spoke of destruction, war, and treachery. Such tumultuous times were indeed quite suited to improve one's position - through bravery or less. Even knowing this, Vryala could not withhold her curiosity. Who exactly is the unlucky bastard that has drawn your ire this day, Boss?