Group 24

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: Well...Oh well. =P

IC: His shortblade managed to pierce the last fighters throat, ending his life with a sucking souind as K'yorl violently ripped the blade out of the wound. In his peripheral vision, the trainee barely noticed his potential ally simply staring at the cadaver he had just created. Sliding the dagger into the sheathe at his belt, K'yorl hacked at the wound in the dead elves neck, savagely severing the head before picking it up by the hair. COME BACK SCUM! Screamed K'yorl but all that issued from his mouth was a low growl. Holding the head in his hand he stalked towards the bag door where he stopped, and tied the head by the hair to the rusted handle. With a shudder and grown the Druchii dropped to his knees and with an exhausted sigh he felt his frenzy fade and looked out into the deserted streets and the retreating form of the shopkeeper.

Getting back to his feet, K'yorl swiftly headed back inside where he began looting the corpses of the two slain foes looking for anything worth taking or any identifying marks, though he doubted the hired goons would carry anything that could serve as a lead. I'm K'yorl Jaezred, I am a trainee of Khaine by heart yet I've been relieved of the title. I'd ask what you're business is in this town, though I doubt growing up in the lands of Naggaroth you would be willing to let me know. Eyeing the door from which he and the other elf had entered from he was reminded of the female elf, Judging by the dead one and the stunned broad in the other room I'm guessing you're not alone?

K'yorl will loot the two bodies for anything of worth, whether it's a worn travelling cloak or a new weapon. At the same time he will search for any identification; tattoo's, papers or letters. All the while waiting for the other elves to introduce themselves.[/i]
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Judging by the dead one and the stunned broad in the other room I'm guessing you're not alone?

Khaleth had watched K'yorl rip apart the aid with as much apathy as anyone could ever muster, in the end taking a step back to ensure he wasn't covered in too much blood. The fact that the shopkeeper had fled annoyed him way more. K'yorl's words only confirmed what Khaleth had thought, these last words instantly put his mind back into action though. He ran to T'Keela, checked his pulse and, after confirming his death turned to Izzyra.

The others. said Khaleth, his voice revealing nothing whatsoever. It was followed by his wolfskin cloack flapping in the wind as he opened the door and stepped outside. Over his shoulder he shouted at K'yorl, If you want to make yourself usefull, follow me.

Khaleth will check out T'keela and then step outside, checking out more possible hostiles on the square and otherwise entering the Inn he knew his allies were at. If the Inn seems threatened from the outside he will focus on eliminating those threats first.
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

Silas crashed into the ground not as elegantly as he had planed but none the lese rolling with it he tried to fire doing a fine wrist flick when he found his crossbow was the only thing between this neck and the thugs sword leaping back he tried to make some breathing room so he could fire then draw his sword.

Silas will leap back fire at the thug then draw his sword.
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
Marious
Corsair

Post by Marious »

Snarling at being forced back, Zephien sized up her opponent a little more intently, at least as much as her frenzied mind could. He was with one sword and was a fan of moving quickly. He'd smashed her face his elbow which in some deep part of her mind told her that he might want her alive rather than dead. But the last slash of his sword said otherwise. Having him alive would be of some benefit but her frenzy would most likely not allow it unless held back by one of her companions, even then it was doubtful they'd risk their own life to do so. There was however a middle ground to be met with her frenzy and her sense of thought, the twisted smile appearing on her lips showed as much.

Reaching down her leg and keeping her eye on the enemy, Zephien grasped the handle of her dagger, one she'd thrown at numerous people before and had excellent results. Both her blades were in her left hand at this point but she was quick enough and in proper enough crouch that if she had too she could could roll away from his attack. Assuming she doesn't have to roll, Zephien will slowly bring up the dagger, dragging it gently along her skin, almost causing redness such was it drawn. It will play in her fingers before being whipped at her opponents thigh, her eyes constantly on his. Not a second after the throw she'll toss her long sword into her right hand, making a strong thrust at her enemies chest should he dodge or block the thrown. The long sword will attempt to latch with her opponents sword and allow her to bring her short sword stabbing into his shoulder, causing enough pain for her to disarm him and get him fully on the ground.

Zephien will take time to grab her dagger, if allowed too, and will throw it at her enemies thigh. She will then try and lock her long sword with his in a thrust, then debilitate him with a stab to the shoulder and any other measures needed to keep him alive along enough too interrogate.
Group 25 Moderator

Group24: Zephien K'lieth
WS: 4 S: 3 T: 2 D: 4 I: 5
EQ: Long Sword, Short Sword, Dagger and Two Throwing Axes.
SK: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy.
Gold: 80

I'm a killer. I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences, to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Ki’lia: Quickly discarding the bow Ki’lia drew her sword and swung the shield from her back as the attacker contemplated jumping over the bar after her. (Where did you get that shield anyway?) Not giving him a chance to attack her again and gain yet another advantage she stepped forward to fight him across the bar. The long wooden serving surface proved a good advantage to her, preventing him from landing any solid blows, unfortunately the same was true for her shots. At the end of a brief but fast series of blows the attacker was bleeding from a shallow cut to the arm. In his eyes Ki’lia could see fear beginning to set in, as if he’s realised how many of his comrades have fell and as of yet they haven’t slain one in the inn.

Silas: With the last man in front of you heading quickly forwards you quickly pull your crossbow back into position and let fly. The shot, suffering from a distinct lack of aiming flies wide, doing nothing but distract the attacker momentarily. The distraction was all Silas needed to draw his sword and attack. The blades met once, then twice. Somewhere in the encounter the attackers blade had found an opening and a thin, though shallow, cut had appeared on Silas’ chest. Backing off slightly Silas put a table and chairs between him and the attacker to gain some time to think. Taking on a warrior head to head with only a short sword wouldn’t be advisable.

Zephien: Transferring both blades to one hand Zephien reached down and ever so slowly pulled forth a knife. At the sight of the new blade the attackers eyes light up and a faint, mocking smile plays across his lips. It seems like he was about to say something when Zephien flung the knife in a powerful underhanded throw towards his leg. The attackers blade flashed down, knocking the knife aside before flashing up to block the follow up attack by the long sword. However rather then pull back Zephien locked her blade to his, forcing them both out and down. In an instant the mocking smile had vanished. Moving quickly to prevent him regaining the initiative Zephien lunged towards his sword arms shoulder to disarm him. Once again he moved quicker then anticipated but not quite quick enough. The short sword dug into his left shoulder sliding in deep before he threw himself backwards off the blade. Not expecting the move Zephien couldn’t follow up before he came back on guard. His lips pressed tight in pain, blood could be seen rolling down his left arm which was no useless. The sword in his right hand was still steady though.

Khaleth: Pausing only to bark a quick sentence towards K’yorl, khaleth rushed out of the Inn and into the square. In the centre he could see Zephien fencing with a wounded druchii while the sounds of combat still came from the other inn.
(Rather then decided where you go I’ll do a mini modpost for you when you decide who to help)

K’yorl: Quickly searching the bodies you see they carry old blades however you are unable to tell of what quality. A further search comes up with a paltry twenty gold. Though two bear tattoos neither have anything in common and are likely just ornaments. Nothing else of interest presents itself. Looking around you can see the other still standing, staring at nothing.

Mel’Reyna: Still frozen for whatever reason. (May want to post soon. This will be a lot missed so may kill off soon.)

OOC: Looks like we may be able to get some speed in again?

Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

The nimble Druchii's hands came across nothing but old, dented blades and naught but twenty gold. Better than nothing, Darkly muttered the elf. He continued to search the bodies for any identification and markings, and managed to come across two tattoos though they lacked any resemblance or significance and were little more than ornamentation. The male elf that still seemed to be breathing said little, not even giving up a name before dashing out the door of the store. Drawing his blades K'yorl darted after the warrior.

Once out in to the open town square, K'yorl was met with the sights and sounds of battle. Before him a lone woman battled against a single figure and from across the square the sounds of battle could be heard, radiating from one of the inns. Glancing over at the warrior with whom he had currently allied himself with, K'yorl gritted his teeth as he felt a flood of adrenaline pump through his body. The frenzy that was as much of a plague as it was a blessing focussedhis vision with the red haze of bloodlust. A low, bass growling thrummed out of his throat and he gripped his weapons tightly before springing into action, running towards the male figure who battled the female elf.

Growling like my English teacher during her "special" time of the month, K'yorl will sprint towards the male elf from behind, blades leading and attempt to quickly finish this combat or at least provide enough of a distraction for Zephien to finish him off.[/b][/i]
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Panting slightly with the strain of swinging her heavy blade Ki'lia actually found herself having a pretty good time, which was unusual. Evidently after fighting monster hounds and zombies and cold ones that just wouldn't lie down and die the odd fracas with a living, breathing humanoid was a welcome relief.
Just a shame I can't seem to finish him.
The bar idea was a good one, and she hadn't been hurt, but it did make things a little awkward for her as well; the little scratch she had given the gin soaked thug might sting a little, but it wouldn't kill him unless it went septic and she waited a couple of weeks.
I don't have that kind of time. Ki'lia thought, softly smiling to herself as she danced away from another stroke. Splinters flew as blade met board and Ki'lia felt them graze across her cheek.
Maybe I can see why the temple gets so many members. Ki'lia found that she was enjoying her first real taste of blood lust, untainted by near over whelming fear.

As he yanked his sword from the bar top Ki'lia struck for his neck in a looping over head slash, only to split greasy hair as he dodged out of the way. This was not over yet.

Ki'lia will continue her fight against her attacker, currently she can't really think of anything better to do. So she will simply hope to land a telling blow before her opponent can.
Last edited by Drainial on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

As I expected, the necromancer has set everyone against us. Nothing we can't handle though. thought Khaleth who, to his pleasure, saw Zephien landing some blows on her foe. She'll be fine by herself he conceded and at that moment his new ally K'yorl seemed to dash towards Zephien's foe.

Seeing how he would have no use here he dashed towards the Inn where he knew his other allies were. He wondered why Izzyra didn't move, she had shown such courage and skill before.

He moved towards the door and opened it, hoping his two crossbow-wielding allies still stood firm.

Khaleth will head towards the Inn and open the door, unless there are obvious threats still outside the Inn(say someone with a torch trying to burn the roof or something). Once he gets in he will assess the situation and if he has to choose between aiding Silas or Ki'lia this will always be Silas, seeing how Ki'lia now has the better situation, not to mention better gear.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

((Sorry for being so late to get back into this, I stopped checking in for a while when Cana was missing and I've been super busy this past week. I'm glad this is back up though, I'll try to come up with a decent excuse for Izzyra not doing anything the past couple of rounds...

I went with this: the curse that she was hit with earlier "hit a nerve" so to speak, let's say like some kind of weakness to magic that she didn't know she had, so it continued to mess with her head long after the main effect was over. I haven't decided if I want to keep it just temporarily or permanently, but right now I'm leaning towards keeping it.))

From the outside, it seemed that Izzyra had slipped into some kind of trance, standing perfectly still and staring straight ahead, her eyes slightly glazed over. The sound of clashing metal and screams of dying elves all around her didn't phase her at all, not did her close call with death that was averted thanks to K'yorl. Not even batting an eyelash, her only movements were the contraction and expansion of her lungs breathing heavily and her legs quivering slightly. Her arms were covered in goosebumps and she was even starting to develop a cold sweat from whatever was going on inside her head.

She had no idea if it was some sort of prolonged secondary effect from the necromancer's curse triggered by sensing his taint or if she was simply going mad, but Izzyra had absolutely no control over her own body, try as hard as she might. It was as if she could see herself from within, inside of her own mind, a powerless spectator waiting to see what would happen next to her physical shell. She felt like she was in an absolute void, light years away from anything that was going on outside, but the impression of being alone didn't last more than a few seconds. All of a sudden, horrible ghouls and zombies materialized all around her, looking and smelling even more despicable than the one she'd fought the other day in the city.

Partially decomposed fingers grabbed Izzyra from all directions, their filthy nails tearing her clothes and ripping through her skin while others brutally groped every square inch of her body. She tried to scream, but there was no sound at all, her mouth and nose already being covered by a large, putrid hand which was cutting off her oxygen supply. She didn't think it could get any worse until several sets of dull teeth began gnawing at her flesh, completing the sickening scene and making it worse than anything she could have ever imagined. Fighting in vain against the army of limbs terrorizing her, warm tears streaming down on either side of her face, Izzyra relived the horrible, agonizing feeling of the curse all over again, just from a different perspective than the first time. The result, however, was just about the same, leaving her immobilized and defenseless for quite a considerable amount of time.

Then, as her dream self finally passed out from the pain and suffering, everything went black for no more than half a second before she awoke as her true self again, made of real flesh and blood. As soon as regained control of her body, Izzyra let out a terrible, fear-filled shriek that lasted several seconds before collapsing to the ground and curling up in the fetal position. Lying on the hard wooden floor of the shop with her knees pressed tightly against her chest and arms wrapped around her legs, her scream turned into a low whimper and her whole body trembled, as it received all of the feelings that she'd had in her mind moments earlier, therefor making Izzyra relive the experience a second time in as many minutes.

Izzyra will fall to the ground and get into the fetal position until her mind gets unscrambled.

Rork edit: Watch your language.

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Unarmed Fighting
Equipment: 1 Short Sword and 1 Dagger
Gold: 100
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: K'yorl shall be replaced with Diana.

IC:

Ki'lia: The elf Ki'lia had been engaged with fearfully surveyed the scene around them. Tables and chairs were strewn across the floor, and amongst the furniture lay the bodies of those who had already been slain. Wiping his brow, Ki'lia's attacker attempted a powerful two handed strike. A strike that Ki'lia lazily deflected with her shield and quickly countered with her own weapon, severing her opponents left hand. With a distinct thud the hand fell to the floor while its owner let the battered sword fall from his remaining hand, clatter to the floor and began screaming. As the wounded elf bled on the floor, his screams only intensified, his eyes widening in fear as he looked around saw his demise.

Silas: With a table between himself and his opponent, Silas attempted to come up with a plan. All good warriors should learn early that thinking in the middle of a fight isn't always the most intelligent of ideas. The rest die in the same place they started thinking. Silas was one of the latter, his severed head bouncing along the ground.

Zephien: With her disabled opponent before her, Zephien crossed her blades and thust low, her two weapons becoming a giant pair of scissors. With surprising brilliance her opponent used his single blade to get locked into combat, quickly countering Zephien's frenzy fueled attack by aiming a kick at her stomach, causing her double up on the ground. Smiling a cruel smile, the thug stepped on her throat and thrust the blade into her open mouth, out the back of her skull and cracked in two on the hard ground. Leaving his weapon shattered in two; the thug grabbed one of Zephien's blades and turned to face the his next opponent, only to fall down dead as 4 barbed bolts protruded from his chest.

Khaleth: As he entered the inn, Khaleth noted without any outward show of emotion the dead eyes of Silas staring up at him. Kicking the head out of his way, Khaleth grinned at the remaining thug as he saw what Ki'lia had done to his ally. His eyes flashed in the direction of Ki'lia glad to see that for once numbers were on his their side.

Diana: Running into the darkness Diana followed the sounds of battle where she came across one of the thugs leaning over the prone shape of a trainee. As he began to stand he grabbed one of the slain womans swords, Diana deftly drew both of her handbows, launching their deadly missiles thudding into the thugs chest, killing him before he even managed to look up.

Izzyra: A violent shudder wracked the body of Izzyra and even as she moaned softly her clothes and skin were violently ripped apart, her vibrant red blood trickling to the floor. Just as quickly as they had appeared the wounds healed over, leaving unblemished skin. Opening her eyes, she instantly wished she hadn't for a stooped, stale-breathed creature with long filth encrusted claws crouched before her. Extending one filthy hand towards her, the creature began caressing her skin its nails quickly opening long gashes open her smooth legs. As quickly as the nightmare began it ended, leaving an unnaturally pale Izzyra sitting on the floor panting...
Last edited by T'keela on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"Aaaahhhhggraaaaa!"
Ki'lia grinned as her blade sliced through skin and crunched through bone to leave the bandit mewling in horror and pain. Clutching the bloody stump of his wrist the elf fell to the floor with a gratifying crash.
Definitely more satisfying than whacking walking meat, She thought.
Now, where is that last one.

Turning Ki'lia saw the last of the thugs standing over her prone ally, sword raised high. Before Ki'lia could so much as step forward his blade swept down in a short, sharp chop. Silas did not cry out, nor could he. In a great spurt of blood the shade's head flew off. Letting out an ululating cry of triumph the gore soaked bar fly turned to face Ki'lia
Bugger, she thought ah well, more cash for the rest of us. Still, he might at least have had the decency to wound his opponent if he couldn't manage to kill him.

Still there was no time for ruminating now. As Ki'lia prepared to take his charge blinding light filled the dank common room as the door slammed open, hinges squealing in protest. The young elf's head whipped round, expecting a new flood of enemies. Instead she was pleasantly surprised to see the hulking form of Khaleth fill the portal.

Now the thug was worried, as his eyes widened in fear Ki'lia shared a brief grin with her ally. Placing one hand on the bar she vaulted lightly over it in spite of her armour and the encumbrance of her arms. Side stepping to the left Ki'lia moved to encircle their enemy as best they could, leaving him with no means of escape.
This pawn probably knows nothing, she said, over the head of the pawn in question toward Khaleth
But it might be worth taking him alive, just to see, The young mercenary looked back at the thug
Who knows, if you surrender we might not even kill you. Just lay down your sword and tell us everything we want to know and perhaps you will see your family again; if you have one. If not you might live to start one. Or we could do things the old fashioned way. It’s entirely up to you.

It's a long shot, but maybe he actually is as stupid as he looks.
Well aware that he would most likely try and make a break for it, or perhaps fight to the death if the necromancer had some form of hold on him that ran deeper than gold, Ki'lia did not drop her guard as she waited for an answer, ready to meet any attack in kind.

Now that she knows that they finally have the advantage in numbers, and the bandit knows it too, Ki'lia will move out from behind the bar to cut off any possible attempt to flee, hoping that Khaleth will do the same on the other side. Ki'lia will offer him the chance to surrender without much expectation that he will do so. If he doesn't then she will attack in conjunction with Khaleth but if it is at all possible will try and take him prisoner so that they can 'interview' him, fairly thoroughly. For now she will ignore the opponent she just put down, assuming that he is out of it. Never the less she has not forgotten about him and is ready to react in the event that he tries something stupid.
OOC: Good to be playing again, thank you T'Keela.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Khaleth started grinning as he heard Ki'lia speak. The sly little she-devil, giving him hope. We need the info though thought Khaleth.

Wiping the grin from his face he moved towards the thug, not leaving any room for him to escape. All the while his bright blue eyes pierce through the elf's skull, daring him to look back at Khaleth. You heard the misses'! Speak and we might just choose to spare you, silence now will mean silence for all eternity. Do not hope for assistance from your allies, I've killed all of them, those outside, those in the shop. All... slaughtered.

As he approaches the scared elf Khaleth turns from calm to furious, kicking a table in his direction and screaming. Speak now you weak excuse of an elf, or I will kill you. You disgust me more than all the Asur combined. Spineless piece of scum!

Khaleth will close slowly on his enemy, sword and shield ready for combat. Once close enough he will kick a table at the elf. In the meanwhile he will use his imposing composure and speech to intimidate his enemy into talking.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

Post by Linkinhearts666 »

From above the conflict between the unfortunate Silas and the man, Ayxxia crouched in the darkness upon some kind of beam or surface that allowed for a birds eye view. Watching Silas's head drop to the floor and the hairy man roar in triumph. foolish man thing. thought Ayxxia. Her purple and red eyes flashed. Oh I do so enjoy the spilling of blood Ayxxia will fire several crossbow bolts at the unsuspecting man[/b]
Ayxxia the Shade is hiding in the shadows and waiting to attack...

Best way to get rid of a treeman is wait until the owner has it on the table in front of him and then kick him very hard in the groin from behind. When he doubles up and smacks his face intoit, he should wreck the treeman and it will teach the little bastard not to run a treeman at 750

Its the Druchii way of gaming!
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

After fleeing for her life from an entire clan of shades Diana had never thought that she would crave excitement again. After a month of inactivity in which she was forced to fritter away her gold on food and lodging proved that this was not the case. After her wounds had healed Diana had become more and more disconnected with the monotonous life she now lead. Perhaps that was the reason she had shouldered her way into the shop after hearing the sounds of a melee from within and within seconds had shot a Druchii she had never seen before dead.

Still she could hardly deny that the feeling of adrenaline running through her veins was pleasant. Keeping her handbows ready Diana surveyed the scene she had burst in on. There were five Druchii left alive, although two looked the worst for wear. One was curled on the ground while the other was trapped between two a Druchii, on e male, one female. Judging by the amount of korpses scattering the room the fight was over. Well might as well introduce myself. Making sure that her crossbows were not pointed directly at any of the elves but were ready none the less Diana coughed politely, "I'm sorry am I interupting something?"

Diana will wait for a response without making any threatening gestures but ready to defend herself if nesecary.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Izzyra sat up suddenly, regaining consciousness only to find herself covered in a cold sweat and gasping desperately for air before finally regaining some of her composure a few moments later. Forcing herself to her feet, the confused elf glanced around to shop only to find a very different scene than the one she remembered seeing last. Corpses were scattered all over, including T'Keela's which saddened her considerably, though on the outside she simply looked shocked and a bit out of it. There were also some new faces, but they weren't attacking and so were probably not under the necromancer's command.

Shaking her head before gripping it in both of hear hands, Izzyra slowly dragged her feet towards Khaleth, who at the moment she considered her closest thing to a friend within the small band of mercenaries. She stopped several feet short of him, noticing that he was busy interrogating one of the Druchii who'd ambushed the group. Deciding it best not to interrupt him, she stayed back and waited for him to finish, though she didn't really get any enjoyment out of watching him terrorize the defeated warrior like most of her peers would.

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: SOrry about Posting a day late, we bought a Wii yesterday. Wii Tennis is pretty addictive. I'll give you all 'til next Tuesday the 27th to post, though I'd prefer if you had all posted by the 26th so we can get back into the posting by the end of the weekend.

IC:
Ki'lia & Khaleth: The elf who stood before them chuckled as he heard the false promises of Ki'lia and Khaleths threats. "Hahaha. I am a Druchii like yourselves. Do you really expect me to bow before your wishes simply because you ask? Haha, never. If you expect me to talk, force it out of me. Your threats are worthless." Ducking a table that came crashing towards his head, the thug tumbled out of the way and quickly stood before the two warriors expectantly, beckoning them towards him more than ready to face them both in a fight. "Is that all you've got? You travel in the service of the esteemed Commander Varris and you can do naught but kick a table towards me?" The elf gave a rough laugh and continued, "Come you mighty fools, my masters have soldiers a plenty and they will be here before you can even raise a weapon to strike at me." Laughing he beckoned both Ki'lia and Khaleth towards him, both eager and ready for the fight before him.

Diana: Bursting into the small room, Diana saw that tables, chairs, food and drink had been thrown across the room. Along with what remained of its former patrons. Standing in the middle of the room were three elves, two of them seemed to be fighting together and they attempted to coerce infomation out of him. As a table flew towards the thug, kicked by the larger of the two elves, Diana introduced herself with a cough, "I'm sorry am I interrupting something?" None of the three elves responded, as wrapped up in the goings on before them and so Diana stood stoically in the door frame awaiting the outcome of the standoff that was taking place before her eyes.

Ayxxia: Bloodlust flashed in her eyes and as it did so her hands brought her crossbow to bear, aiming it towards the final thug and launching a hail of barbed death. Unfortunately at the same time a kicked table forced the thug into a roll and coincidentally he was able to avoid her precisely aimed bolts as they landed where his body had previously been. As the thug got back to his feet, he grabbed a nearby chair and launched it towards the rafters forcing Ayxxia from where she hid. Her well honed reflexes prevented any injury as she nimbly landed and looked towards the thug.

Izzyra: Crossed her hands over her chest and stood utterly silent against a wall. She barely noticed the table as it flew towards the remaing elf, nor did the bols thudding into the wooden floor shake her from her thoughts. A sensation that had become recently familiar began creeping up her limbs and with it a stale taste was in her throat and damp musty smell filled her nose.

OOC: Okay so you're all standing in the same room with Khaleth and Ki'lia on either side of the thug as he rolled to avoid the table. Ayxxia you are standing pretty much below were you fell from and so are fairly close to where the thug just was. Diana you're standing in front of the doorway and Izzyra you're leaning next to the doorframe.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ah well, Ki'lia thought as the thug predictably refused to lay down his arms
It was worth a shot.

Ki'lia readied herself for a fresh assault as Khaleth sent the table flying clumsily towards their enemy, such a slow and crude missile was easily avoided and indeed the Druchii ducked out of the way with dismissive grace.
What the... Two bolts flashed from the ceiling to thud deep into varnished pine; two bolts which should, if the thug had not been forced to move, have punctured a lung.

Keeping one eye on the known threat Ki'lia scanned the rafters for this unexpected new player in their little game.
Oh there you are, how long have you been lurking? Ki'lia mused. Clearly though she was not the only one to spot the skulker, showing admirable strength and co-ordination the bandit launched a chair up straight at her.

Ki'lia glanced at the new comer as she landed, cat like on the floor
Well she’s an odd one, Gathering her wits Ki'lia raised her shield and readied for the attack, only to pause as the door slammed open once more.

Oh for Khaine's sake what is this now. She hissed as a mousy looking woman, unremarkable save for the hand bows in her fists, stepped in and announced herself, followed moments later by the exhausted body of Izzyra
What happened to her? It doesn't matter; we can deal with that later.

Khaleth, I think we probably ought to finish this before someone brings in a marching band. This place is getting a little crowded.
So saying Ki'lia moved in, darting forwards to engage the thug with sword and shield. As she moved in she moved round further to the left, facing directly opposite her ally. If the have a go bad guy wanted to keep an eye on her he would have to turn his back to Khaleth. Which was not a good idea.

Ki'lia will ignore the new comers for now, she can sort all that out later. She will engage the thug, trying to force him to face her instead of Khaleth, who can hopefully then smack him round the back of the head with the hilt of his sword or some such so that they capture him. Of course this rather relies on the rest of the group, both old and new, not deciding to throw their hat into the ring and shooting him, or trying to and shooting Ki'lia in the back by mistake.

Gentleman of Moderation
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

"Come you mighty fools, my masters have soldiers a plenty and they will be here before you can even raise a weapon to strike at me."

So there was information to be won, there's more coming and the necromancer either has an army, or an ally who has. No time to waste then. thought Khaleth as he heard the elf speak. His mind raced as two bolts thudded into the floor where his foe had been just before. Another unexpected ally. It is good to see some people still have enough common sense not to associate with necromancers

As this thought crossed his mind the door opened, the stranger who'd helped him in the shop approached, accompanied by Izzyra, who still seemed to weak to fight. What is it that she suffers? not having time to worry he refocused on his foe.

Close the door! Izzyra, check if there is a back entrance, close it and guard it with your life. You, woman, guard the front entrance and see if there's more coming. Shoot anything that moves! Ki'lia and I will handle this thug here.

Even though the situation hadn't become any clearer it hadn't shifted out of their favour too much. A pity for the two clowns who've died, but it looks like we got some assistance and he added to himself, we get more of the reward..

Stepping towards the foe Khaleth planned to finish him quick. There was no time to lose, if his threats were sincere they weren't out of trouble just yet.

Khaleth will shout some orders and slowly engage the foe. Creating openings for Ki'lia and waiting for her to open his defences to him. Seeing how there could be more coming Khaleth strikes to kill.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Soldiers? Well I did ask for excitement. Thought Diana wryly. Most of the group seemed to wrapped up in the situation to pay her much attention although one, a male shouted for her to guard the front door.

"Soldier's a plenty? Who exactly have you been annoying recently? Generally its a good idea not to pick a fight with those who own a private army." She asked jokingly.

After a quick rifle through the pockets of her earlier victim Diana moved to do as he said, no point antagonising the natives, plus there is no better place for making a quick exit ten through the front door. She took up position in the shadow of the doorway, peering out of the room but ready to jerk her head back inside at the slightest notice, fingers never completely loosening from the handbows' triggers.

Diana will search the corpse of her victim for anything of value before taking her position by the front door where she will stand with only her head visible to outside. If she sees anything suspicious she will duck back inside and inform the others.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: Awww my internet died.

IC:
Ki'lia: Raising her shield and sword before herself, Ki'lia grinned at the remaining thug before charging towards him. The thug let out a loud laugh, "You out number me. Though you may kill me; many, many more will be here all too soon to take my place!" Taking a step backwards towards the corner in an attempt to once again try and put himself out of harms way, the thug quickly struck out at as she came charging in. Ki’lia brought her shield to bear and easily deflected the clumsy blow before making a quick counter attack. She was greeted with a satisfying splash of blood across her skin and she quickly took a defensive stance before the thug.

Khaleth: Shouting out orders to guard the door and stay out of his way, Khaleth turned his attentions back to the remaining thug. Khaleth brought his sword to bear and it came crashing in towards the thug, even as his attack was blocked by Ki’lia’s shield and his face was cut. Throwing his stolen weapon up in an attempt to block resulted in the steel blade clashing upon steel blade and caused the thugs weapon to fly from his hands. Before Khaleth could finish him off, an armoured from crashed into the room and gauntleted fist crashed into the jugular of the thug, cause him to fall to a heap on the floor. "Well done Khaleth, Ki'lia. When this mission is over rest assured that you will recieve the rewards of your deceased colleagues in addition to your own." Turning back to the thug on the floor Varris kicked him in the ribs and there was an audible crack as ribs were broken, "Speak scum. SPEAK NOW! Or I'll start breaking other parts of you."

Diana: Her nimble hands quickly scoured the corpse of her slain foe and recovered little more than three gold coins. Placing them in her pocket, Diana jumped and stood in the shadowy doorway and began to watch the darkness. Maybe it was just her, but there seemed to be dark shapes moving in the misty, night time square.

Izzyra: Leaning against the wall Izzyra felt some sense of not being quesy return to her, though unfortunately for her it was short lived and she fell to the ground in a heap, violently vomiting. "Izzyra! Pull yourself together or you'll be choking on my sword." Varris looked at her with little more than disdain before turning back and once again kicking the thug in the ribs.

Ayxxia: Landing nimbly on the floor, Ayxxia stood up and brushed the dirt off her shoulders. She glared towards the beaten shape in the corner and was about to take aim when Varris turned on her and with a simple look told her not to get involved.

"Speak you piece of swine. Speak or I will slide my sword under your finger nails one by one and start levering the nails off. Tell me what I want and you can die quickly." Varris spat at the thug.
"Haha die slowly? or die quickly? Both ways I am going to die and either way reinforcements are about to arrive. Before you say I am bluffing maybe you should ask your rather sick friend over there what she keeps seeing whenever she falls ill."
"Khaleth kill him."
With a heavy thud the thugs head fell to the ground and as it did so Diana glimpsed between ten and twelve pairs of yellow eyes in the darkness. As the shapes grew closer, a stale smell wafted along the air and with it came the clicking of clawsraking across stone roads...

OOC: Deadline is Monday. Anyone who can guess what you're about to fight gets a special prize.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"Well done Khaleth, Ki'lia. When this mission is over rest assured that you will receive the rewards of your deceased colleagues in addition to your own."
Well that was nice to know. As Varis began his interrogation of the prisoner Ki'lia decided to prepare for the coming onslaught, presuming the thug was telling the truth on that point.

Sheathing her sword she moved first to the headless body of Silas Ki'lia began a fairly callus loot of the corpse. The cash she tied to her belt separately,
Decent chance Varis will make me share it,

Thud! Ki'lia looked over her shoulder. The interview didn't seem to be going well.

But the money was not what she was interested in. Flipping the cooling body over Ki'lia removed the shade's cloak from around his shoulders.
Not too much blood on it. Should be a decent fit. With that she hastily donned the cloak.
Better to ask forgiveness than permission. I don't need the extra cross bow though.
" Speak you piece of swine. Speak or I will slide my sword under your finger nails one by one and start levering the nails off. Tell me what I want and you can die quickly.”
Picking up Silas' repeater Ki'lia put it on the bar before quickly making her way around to retrieve her own; trying to avoid the sticky patch this time.
Thud! Ki’lia looked around again. Apparently the questioning was at an end.
Quickly reloading she said
Khaleth, we seem to have a crossbow going over here. As Izyrra doesn't seem to be in any fit state to find the trigger and everyone else has a ranged weapon, why don't you take it?

That done Ki'lia hastened to the front of the common room. Maybe there was something out there, and maybe there wasn't. But so far her little mercenary experience had taught her one thing repeatedly. If something could go wrong, it almost certainly would. Rushing to the front of the room Ki'lia lashed out at the window with her foot, she couldn't have a little thing like glass getting in the way if people needed killing.

Ki'lia will leave Khaleth and Varis to their interview and loot Silas' body. I don't know if that’s allowed but he does have some nice stuff. She is especially interested in his shade cloak (it suits her) but will take the money as well though she will hand it over if Varis demands she share it out. She will then retrieve her own crossbow, reload it and offer Silas' repeater to Khaleth as Izyraa (who being lightly armed would be the obvious choice) can't stand up. Then (assuming she has time) she will move to the front of the common room and (assuming that there are windows) will kick in a window to give her somewhere to fire from when the assault comes. If there are no windows then she will take up a position near the door. Sorry if this is too much to do in one go, or if its power gaming, I just want to keep this moving along.

Gentleman of Moderation
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

OOC: I didn't reply sooner because I actually hoped I wouldn't be the 1st or 2d as I've been all along with Drainial.

IC:

"Well done Khaleth, Ki'lia. When this mission is over rest assured that you will receive the rewards of your deceased colleagues in addition to your own." Well that's a nice bonus at least, seeing how so many of our allies have already died Khaleth grinned as he saw Ki'lia already taking Silas' moneybelt and cloak. Taking her fair share I see.

He didn't have alot of time to watch though, the questioning wasn't going too well and before long Varris gave him a short and simple order. One he understood and obeyed without any sign of hesitation. His cold blue eyes bored into the thugs skull just before his sword dropped in the thugs neck, cutting through tissue and bones alike. A dull 'Thud' announced a job well done.

Khaleth, we seem to have a crossbow going over here. As Izyrra doesn't seem to be in any fit state to find the trigger and everyone else has a ranged weapon, why don't you take it? Reality sprung back into Khaleth's mind. What is wrong with Izzyra and were the thugs threats empty or were there enemies coming? taking the Repeater Crossbow offered by Ki'lia he immediately made way for the back door, checking wether it was blocked, meanwhile shouting: You woman! Can you see anything outside? And you roofclimber, will you be standing there all day? Make yourself usefull or this might be the end of us all. Are you all right Izzyra, you look bloody horrible! And what was that man talking about? What do you see?

Khaleth will grab the Crossbow and some ammo, reload it and meanwhile walk to the back door. He will see if it's shut, locked and secured. If not Khaleth will search for a way to do this, either by just locking the door or using a table or something to block the entrance. He will not waste too much time on this as there are other things to do. After this he will make for Izzyra, check out wether she is somewhat okay and then do as Ki'lia did. Crash in a window and aim out his newly acquired Crossbow, his sword and shield lying next to him so he can instantly drop his Crossbow and grab his sword once they get close.
Last edited by Manwe on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

"Poor as well as scum you really didn't have much going for you did you?" This question was addressed to the corpse as Diana retrieved a measly three coins from it. Returning to her post Diana stared out into the darkness. Almost immeadiatly she could sense something wasn't right about it. A hint of movement here, a scurry there. A patch of darkness which seemed just a little darker than the rest. Uncomfortable she kept her hands on the reasuring solidity of her handbows.

Hearing a new voice inside the room Diana turned to see a face she rcognised, now it begins to make sense, a day or two ago she had been approached by a retainer to some noble house and had been requested to present to a 'Commander Varris' a letter requesting his return whereupon Diana would take his place. Having no other employment at that time she had grudgling accepted and travelled to the location specified before becoming embroiled with this group.

"Commander Varris I have a letter for you, under normal circumstances I would present it to you myself but I think currently it would be better if I remained here, something is coming and I don't like the look of it. In brief however you are to return and I will take your place, presuming we both survive whatever it is coming towards us." Diana tried to sound light hearted but in truth she was worried, a fight was coming and she found herself with strange comrades.

Diana will talk to Varris while maintaining a watch on the door as soon as she sees somethign solid approach she will open fire.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Down on all fours and wheezing slightly as she gasped for air, Izzyra was stuck in a sort of sick roller coaster as the awful feeling of death and decay crept up on her in pulses, making her gag again each time, though she had nothing left inside of her stomach to throw up. She finally managed to push herself back away from the small pool of vomit on the floor and sat with her back against the wall, staring up at Khaleth with slightly glazed over eyes as he questioned her. She was still dizzy and her vision was rather blurry, but she was able to make out his words clearly enough to understand what he was asking.

How to answer, on the other hand, she wasn't so sure. What the hell -am- I seeing?, she wondered to herself, trying to make some kind of sense out of it. And even more importantly, Why am I seeing it?, she asked herself again. She'd never had a history of blackouts or particularly terrible nightmares, so the whole experience was completely out of the blue.

"I-I think I'm hallucinating...it's like a nightmare. There's this hideous abomination, tearing me apart in the darkness with its nails like giant claws. I can't move or breathe, and there's the smell...it smells like oblivion, its deep inside of me like I'm about to implode. And then it stops and starts again, it won't go away, won't leave me alone...", Izzyra blurted out, sounding almost like a terrified slave being questioned bu its master. She brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, hugging them tightly and waiting with dread for the return of her gruesome visions.

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: Unfortunately, Linkinhearts666 has left the group. Despite this I am determined to continue full steam ahead and hope the four of you are with me, besides we need to beat group 22's post count. Since the only one to guess what you would be fighting next was Drainial and the guess was wrong, no one gets a prize at the end. Better luck next time! =]

IC: A sickening, wheezing, gurgling sound emanted from outside. It sent chills up even the hardened spine of Varris. "Steel yourselves, whatever we are about to fight needs to die... And stay that way might I add." Varris spoke quickly and with an iron resolve before turning and pointing and armoured finger to Ayxxia and addressing her, "You! I don't care for your name or for your life, however move a table and a chair or two to bar entrance to the tavern," he drew his sword and continued, "the rest of you take your defensive positions. Shade get behind those tables and guard that entrance with your life. Fail me and I will have your guts for garters and string you from the tower of Ghrond by your finger nails." Turning around, Varris was pleased to see that the group had used some intiative.

Ayxxia: Grumbled a response to Varris, as she began her slave work that she had been assigned. No sooner had she slid the table into place, a long, dirt encrusted claw reached out from the darkness and opened an impressive gash in her arm. With a shrill scream Ayxxia fell the ground and even as she did the wound began to turn septic and rot, even as the creature lept over the table with surpising agility and tore out the shade's jugular with its mouth."Ghouls!" Shouted Varris.

Izzyra: "I-I think I'm hallucinating...it's like a nightmare. There's this hideous abomination, tearing me apart in the darkness with its nails like giant claws. I can't move or breathe, and there's the smell...it smells like oblivion, its deep inside of me like I'm about to implode. And then it stops and starts again, it won't go away, won't leave me alone..."
"Pull yourself together. You demonstrated excellent potential in your first task, I was pleased by your ability. I wish to see it again," Varris chastised the young elf. With a touch that was gentle by Druchii standards, Izzyra found herself being given a once over by Khaleth before he stood up and took a defensive position by one of the nearby windows.
"Get to your feet woman, survive this and the rewards will be great," promised Varris.
Getting to her feet, Izzyra felt instantly better, although there was a metallic taste at the back of her throat and a dull throb in her head.
"By the way Izzyra, I shall be talking to you about what that "thug" meant."
Izzyra froze as a scream echoed from the vicinity of the front door. Turning she saw the stooped figure of a degenerate ghoul feasting upon the bloodied figure of Ayxxia.

Diana: "Commander Varris I have a letter for you, under normal circumstances I would present it to you myself but I think currently it would be better if I remained here, something is coming and I don't like the look of it. In brief however you are to return and I will take your place, presuming we both survive whatever it is coming towards us."
"I see... We will indeed commune once we are out of whatever we are about to get into." Varris replied in a dark tone. "It seems that several of the warriors who accompained the group are dead, I offer you employment should you be interested. Consider this trial." Varris gave the room a quick once over before addressing Diana again, "I plan to take a defensive strategy for the moment. I am assuming that we are out numbered, take a position off to the sides of the room and fire as many bolts as you possibly can at the door."
Diana nodded acknowledgement to Varris and continued to train her weapons upon the door. True to her word, Diana let loose a hail of bolts the minute she saw the ghoul feasting upon the elf's throat. Even as hers thudded into its shape, Diana noticed a veritable storm of bolts slam into the creature. The ghoul was hoisted a foot or two into the air, where it slammed into the table quite dead.

Khaleth: Addressing everyone in the group, Khaleth accepted the shade's repeater crossbow. Taking the intiative, Khaleth secured the backdoor before blocking offthe slab of rotting wood with a table and chairs before turning back to the rest of the group. Walking over towards the shuddering heap that was Izzyra, Khaleth offered her a hand and gave her a once over before walking towards the remain window and putting it out, aiming his newly acquired crossbow out into the darkness. Khaleth put his sword and shield within easy reach, when out of the darkness a figure lept, scratching and biting the shade Ayxxia who had just joined the group and just as quickly died. His fighting instincts kicked in and he launched a hail of bolts at the ghoul. With a smile he noted that the others entertained similar notions of dispatching the foe and smiled when the ghoul died with a singularly pleasing crack.
"Khaleth!" barked Varris, "You're a crackshot or so it seems, however if you have no objections I would be pleased to see your sword and shield next to me, blocking this door. If you don't mind pass the crossbow to Izzyra if she will take it and join me at the forefront."

Ki'lia: Roughly turning over the body of Silas, Ki'lia stripped the shade of his money and the fine cloak he wore over his shoulders. The warriors considered the possability of having to share the money at Varris' behest, though the commander did naught but smile as she stripped the shade.
"Ki'lia, if you are willing field strip him. I am sure his belongings will fetch a price in the markets back home." Varris smiled as he continued, "I am sure there is also someone in my estate who can remove the stains from it, should you desire."
Donning the shadowy cape, Ki'lia crossed the room and handed the crossbow she had taken off the shade's body and handed it to Khaleth. After the warrior had accepted the weapon, Ki'lia headed back over towards the window when suddenly a shape flew over the makeshift barricade and ripped out the throat of the now dead shade. Aiming her crossbow with a practiced ease, Ki'lia launched bolt after bolt in its direction. Even as her's struck it, several other bolts crashed into the ghoul and it was launched backwards into the table blocking off the door.

With an ear splitting sound, a jagged crack appeared upon the surface of the table, running its entire diameter. Even as the first ghoul slid down the broken surface of the table, the bloodied mess of flesh falling from its equally bloodied mouth, three more ghouls crashed through the doorway and the table. They stood just inside the doorway, their rotting teeth eager to dine upon the warm flesh that was before them. In the darkness eight more pairs of eyes greedily stalked towards the entrance of the tavern. "Beware their claws."
Stale, vomit-inducing air crept across the room, as the ghouls unholy presense seem to fill the room.

Deadline: Monday, 9th November.

OOC: Okay so good luck in the next round.

===_========[]=========_=====
----------------G1,2,3
-----------------Varris---------Khaleth
------------------------Izzyra
------------Diana----Ki'lia

Key
[] Door
= Wall
_ Window
G# Ghoul
Character Names = General placement of each character
Last edited by T'keela on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills: