Group 28

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Group 28

Post by Syjahel »

Oh, I hate that ... it sucks when that happens :( Good luck tomorrow!
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Never fun when yo lose a post you spent ages on. Can be very disheartening.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Carathyle, you're closest to Australia. Time to organise a posse to see if zombies have got our Shade! :O
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

There will be a mod post tomorrow, I say this primarily to force myself to sit down and write it. I have been rather busy of late but that is no excuse.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Yay something to look forward to after a long day in housing :D

EDIT: OK let the plotting commence. Obviously we'll have to talk this over IC but I don't think we can just kill our way through 150 Elves. Shall we try eccentric Sapherian and entourage again? (Not saying Kykysh is weird, just that since all Sapherians have the reputation it might come in handy! :D )
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

It does seem like we'd have to wander in without being seen(recognised). That said, if we had a defensive position I think we could take 150 odd elves if they could only come at us say 3 at a time.

Drainial, is this you being evil cause i said you didn't give us big enough challenges? lol.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

It's just a sleepy little village, surely no trouble for such fearsome Druchii...

Also for Kykysh's benefit the weather is warm but cloudy with a slight chance of showers and a strong breeze from the north west.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

[Drainial, is this you being evil cause i said you didn't give us big enough challenges? lol.

You said this?? YOU ACTUALLY SAID THIS?????

Are you tired of life Cananatra? :O :D
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

Yes, he actually said that.

Anyway, as for the approach. Carathyle is still dressed as a high elf, and so is Syjahel so they should be able to pose as such. Kykysh has fancied herself some High Elven robes so she should be in the clear as well.(See Mini? I, me personally, don't hate Kykysh. It's Carathyle who has a problem with her ^_^') That only leaves our Shade and Tank in the open. Jacks is agile enough to go over the walls if he's not afraid of some wood splinters. That leaves Cananatra in the open... and the fact that we're going to disrupt a magical stone in the middle of a bloody freaking village so... Would Cananatra be able to set off a diversion some place close-by but far away enough for everybody to NOT NOTICE the stone suddenly being destroyed?

And, if we're not going for an infiltration, I would suggest waiting until dark. Have Carathyle "snipe" the look-outs in the towers(A bow is a lot more quiet than a crossbow, especially a mechanical one that the Druchii have) while Jacks silently takes out the nearest gatekeeper. Then go in a silent as possible. Kill off everyone in their sleep, preferably without a noise being made(but surely our beloved GM will find a way for them to make a tad bit of noise) before tending to the actual objective.

And if you're all in favour of a "the bold and the brave"-tactic; Stop with the debating and just launch an assault. FOR KHAINE IS BY OUR SIDE!

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

I don't think I threw away my Asur disguise.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I think we all still have them except possibly Jacks. And I'm not sure if he has or just taken it off.

On other news guys I am sorry but Papa Nurgle has me in his sights again, my post may have to wait until I .. eh I can't think of a nice metaphor. I have a rotten cold :(
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

You will need to finalise a plan before we can proceed. Just saying.

Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Right, sorry for the week of silence. First there was sick (time off work sick :( ) and then my housemate killed our router.

We have just got a new router and I am catching up on the internet!

I'll look over what we have so far (you guys made a cunning plan in my absence, I hope :) ) and see if I can add anything sensible, I'm not firing on all cylinders yet but I am aware time is passing :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

FIREFIREFIREFIRE!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Just so you don't have to wait for the mod post Kykysh switches her view to second sight (being able to see the winds of magic superimposed upon the world) and views a great cascade of the winds arcing from all around and sinking into a blot of darkness where they end. All around the village the winds are blowing very strongly and all together forming winds of Quish and pools of Dhar as well as the usual eight. The stone itself seems to be a totally null space almost eating the magic that touches it.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

What is 'Quish' and 'Dhar'?

When you say the 'winds are blowing very strongly', I take it you mean the winds of magic and not actual wind?
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yes the winds of magic, though the mundane wind is also reasonably brisk.

Quish (I believe I am spelling it wrong but I can't remember the proper spelling) is the unified wind incorporating all 8 of the 'normal' winds into a more refined form, harder to use (impossible for humans) but potentially very powerful. It is associated with balance and is the foundation of High magic.

Dhar is a conglomeration of all the other winds as well but occurs not when they blow together but when for some reason the winds stagnate and pool in a particular area (not sure why but it often has to do with death and destruction such as the sight of an old battle field or a murder). It is tricky to use, often unstable and potentially very powerful. It is the foundation of Dark magic.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Not so brisk that it would stop a mist coalescing, I hope, if it is then Kykysh will must have to shape the wind to keep the mist where needed.

Am familiar with those concepts but the names are new to me.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I am really sorry to do this gentlemen, but I need to take a step back for a little while. Please do continue without me.

Drainial, I have PM'd you, I really hope this doesn't put a spanner in the works but you know the good Captain well enough to be her for a little while if needed.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Sorry to hear that, Syjahel, hope everything works out for you.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Drainial, at her current level would Kykysh be able to summon and/or control a demon? Which of the lores would be best for doing this with? Heaven and demons don't exactly hold hands.

Carathyle maveric wrote:(See Mini? I, me personally, don't hate Kykysh. It's Carathyle who has a problem with her ^_^')

I know, but thank you for reassuring me 8)

And may I say Kykysh likes all of your characters in her own little way - she's just extremely socially awkward so doesn't really know how to act around you guys most of the time which has led to... some confusions :roll:

Still looking forward to a 'girly chat' with Syjahel, though!
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Guys,

Though I was considering leaving anyway, Drainial hasn't given me a choice. If you guys - any/all of you guys - had any problems with the style in which I wrote my RP posts then you should have discussed it with me. It was my hope that we could resolve any issues together, amicably, and in such a way we could all play as friends and have fun... I did not know my IC posts were causing such tensions, if anything, I thought the problems with with me were OOC, rather than IC.

You guys are constantly telling me not to take what you guys write personally, though it appears the reverse does not apply to the rest of you. I only did initially, I over-reacted to Carathyle's hatred for Kykysh and I shouldn't have. But I also thought we had overcome that barrier and the RP was getting better, obviously, I was mistaken.

Anyway, I'm sorry for causing such distress, I had no idea things were this bad. You guys should have just discussed it with me and I'm sure we could have resolved any issues you had, either with me personally or with my 'style' of role-playing (which was the way I was taught to RP).

Well... Don't suppose there is anything to be done about it now. Good luck with the rest of the adventure!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Red, blazing eyes flashed open and the mage looked furtively around the spirit-realm she would walk this night. All was dark. Grey and white ashes filtered sporadically through the gloom. A silver half-moon glinted far in the skies but provided no illumination. Standing, Kykysh looked around. Behind her was a bottomless chasm and she stood, alone and chilled, though it was not cold, on a promontory that jutted out from a large cave mouth. She stared into the darkness within even as the call of a hound reverberated from somewhere behind her - a distant howl, yet alarmingly close.

This... This is a path of Shadow. Modrane, this trickery better not be your doing!

Never one to back away from the face of adversity - even Carathyle knew of this - the sorceress stepped into the cave to the sound of laughter; harsh, devoid of humour, implying something... sinister. She walked through a narrow tunnel, constantly alert though she could not see a damn thing. Eventually a blue glow began to emanate ahead of her, she approached the ledge cautiously and peered down. Bright glowing mushrooms, all bulging veins and bulbous tumours, of varying expanses provided the illumination.

With a startled yelp, she jumped back as the ledge crumbled away beneath her. A flash of light cut through her head. Blazing eyes burned bright as the ground crumbled away beneath her. She fell only a few feet before her powers instinctively kicked in and glided her away to safety. Floating. Mind is dull, eyes are blind... She felt cold stone beneath her bare feet as she found clarity once more. The laughter sounded again, she spun to see a figure suspended above a sea of lava.

A marionette without strings hung in the air, small and fat, with a painted face and stick-thin limbs. Kykysh heard a voice in her mind: "Your failure... Is inevitable..." But before she could challenge the wisdom of that, the puppet, accompanied by ever more laughter, began to spin, fast and ever faster. As the laughter pitched to a deafening crescendo, the puppet shrank to a speck before vanishing with a blinding pop.

A flash of light cut through her head. Floating in darkness, mind is dull, eyes are blind... The black-burning became intense and Kykysh could feel her brains begin to boil, her flesh began to peel from her limbs as her blood dried in her veins...

Regained consciousness. Feeling overwhelmed... In distress. Dead eyes awake, focus returns. I'm paralysed, and floating... floating through inverted spheres. The creatures face realised above her head, suspended with evil expressions bleeding through. She was the puppet, and the slow unmistakable visage of Jacks' face peered through the glass like the window of her soul.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

It is true that Minigrift has now left Group 28. It is a shame that we have had to come to this and can blame no one but myself for failing to manage the situation in a more effective manner. I personally feel no ill will towards him and wish him luck RPing with other groups on the site if he wishes as well as continuing to Moderate.

Gentleman of Moderation
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Cya Mini
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Currently you have a vauge plan of Kykysh and Jacks sneaking in at night under cover of fog and a distraction caused by the others. I can run with that without details and make up the finer points if you like, alternatively you can have more time to come up with something more specific. I leave it up to you, I shall go with a majority of yay or nay in the OOC thread.

Gentleman of Moderation