Group 28

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Re: Group 28

Post by Drainial »

It seems Cananatra isn't the only one to have vanished, I sense shenanigans of some kind.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

... no hidden corpses here boss.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

We're missing two...

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I'm here! Though there is only one of me.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Right, I think we need a plan.

I've been here a long time (... a looong time ... O_o) and I'm willing to carry on, but I think we need at least three out of the four of us to post. Cananatra and Meteor have vanished in some way. Any thoughts?

Not about where they've vanished, I think we can't know but my guess is that Meteor is currently studying Beastmaster tactics with bunyips and Cananatra has some kind of geas that he shall not Mod and Play on the same board, or has possibly been turned into a swan. Which is a shame, because I miss them both.

Do we have a Group 28 still? :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I have no clue. The lack of those two is astonishing to say the least. And they didn't even warn us for that matter

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Aye, it's unusual for them and I hope they're all right.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I confess myself at something of a loss, not a word from either of them, if I didn't know better I might have thought they eloped.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Ran away to sea?
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Maybe. We can wait for them... or we can throw em on auto-pilot... or we could get new members...

Equipment:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Those are pretty much our options :( Drainial?
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well we can certainly finish this current piece of drama without them, their actions are fairly limited in a combat situation anyway, past that though it becomes more difficult. Drafting in more players is possible though we have had a decidedly mixed results in the past; it seems for every Meteor we have a LOT1LOE, for every Carathyle a Minigrift.

To be honest I considered ending the group back in the Petrified Forest when Sultra died and Nylia was saved. That was as far as my original story arc, begun with the first players, went. It may have been better to end on an ending rather than continue on until we hit one of the many reefs RL throws at us. I didn't, because the group was active and both I and I think everyone else was enjoying it, I would like to carry on now but I am not sure drafting in new recruits at this late stage is the way to go.

We will certainly finish this raid, hopefully one or both of our errant knights will return but if not we can muddle through without them. I think though it may be time to lay down the quill, at least the 28th one. I may well start a new group with a different dynamic if there is an appetite for it, it goes without saying that 28 Alumni would be more than welcome.

Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Well, it makes my heart heavy but you may be right.

We could find new players, but at the end of the day you also have to be having fun carrying on and new players can indeed be variable. (Not that there aren't some gems as well.) This group has been a part of my life for so long that it's hard to imagine it not being here, so one might expect me to make a case for continuing, but in the end everyone has to have their heart in it for it to work.

I have had some really great roleplaying moments and I have really enjoyed exploring the Druchii character on and off the battlefield, which was one of my main personal aims for the game. I'll always remember the molemen and the fight with the Lamia and Sultra and his family. Trouble with Shades. Many tentacled monsters and much inspiration for Syjahel's List. You're an extremely capable GM, Drainial. If you do start another group, I and I suspect Carathyle would be keen to play.

If the game is ending then we can play to the end, or perhaps a summary of our mission would be the way to go, so that we can (hopefully) get back to Naggaroth and maybe have a chance at another shot back in the character pool some day.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

It is done. Group 28 is now officially closed, our adventures complete. I can honestly say it has been a pleasure and a privilege to GM such a fine bunch of players, though it is something of a shame that this final end was prompted by the sudden disappearance of Meteor and Cananatra, I hope they both someday make it back to this forum. Never the less I would like to thank every one of the players who took part though I suspect most of them will never read this message, every single one of you made this group into what it became. I would also like to give special thanks to Syjahel; hers was the second post ever made in group 28 back in 2009 and in all that time she has never faltered in either her dedication to the group or the quality of her posts. To Carathyle too go special thanks, you may not have been there at the beginning but you were here for the end.

As this is beginning to sound like some bizarre mixture of awards acceptance speech and eulogy I shall move on. We never got to finish this story ark, indeed it was only just beginning. I would hate to leave you on a cliff-hanger for evermore so this, in short, is where the story was to have gone. This outline is basic by nature since I always tried to take the players actions and intentions into account when crafting the plot. That is precisely why Cananatra sliced poor Kykysh's head off, he may have been absent some time but before he went he discussed his intentions to do as he did with me. It was in response to private communion with Neirith, his daemonette spirit guide (i.e private messeges from me) interpreting quite vague messages.

The result of this action was not just to disable the stone which was what Kykysh was trying to do, that would have weakened the protective forces of Ulthuan and called for wizards to come and fix the problem not to mention a force of soldiers to hunt the Druchii intruders down. Instead her violent death at a crucial juncture ripped open a portal direct to the Realm of Chaos allowing Daemons to come through. It also sucked the party though along with the sword master. The village in which you awaken is in the Realm of Chaos. It appears to be the same village you were in but ruled over by one of Syjahel's storied ancestors (one I made up, I hope she will forgive the liberty) who in the timeline she and everyone else knows was one of Aenarions' commanders and who died in the Daemon War.

The Realm of Chaos is manifesting itself as an alternate timeline in which the war was not ended with the creation of the Vortex but instead by elven submission to Daemonic rule, the elite allowing themselves to be possessed or else pledging themselves to Chaos, the princedoms given out to the four gods. Cothique is ruled by a prince of Slaanesh as you will have guessed. In fact of course this is not an alternate history but rather a glamour influenced by Nerieth who wants to corrupt the rest of the party as well as Cananatra. Whether she succeeds or nor would have been up to you and your decisions. In either case the ruse would eventually have been discovered along with a means of returning to the mortal realm.

Once returned to terra firma you would have discovered something of a time jump had occurred, some forty years in fact. The invasion by then would have been in full force, a war to wage, a homeland to retake.

Such were my plans at any rate though I suspect as with all of them they would have changed much in the telling.

Thank you and good night.
-Drainial

Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

No doubt about it, I will miss Group 28. I came to this site looking to find out more about Druchii and engage in some characterful roleplay. I certainly found both here.

Thank you, Drainial, for such glowing words :oops: You gave me four and a half years of intrigue, plotting, assassination and politics that were truly inspired! I have thoroughly enjoyed being a Druchii with you, and although I wish we could have finished this storyline, thanks for posting it so that we can at least know what you had in mind. It would have been grand. It's been a privilege to see Druchii life through your eyes and a delight to find it so closely matching my own ideas.

Carathyle, we may never know if we would have recaptured our ancestral homelands - Master Maveric in Saphery and the Lady Vasht in Nagarythe - but she could not have asked for a more suitable retainer.

Thanks too to the ghosts of characters (player and not) past and those the future might have held. Here's to a drink in rebuilt Anlec!
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I believe we would have conquered Ulthuan, at least Nagarythe and Saphery. I just hope we could move to another RP together. Would be fun considering the current backstory xD

Still, I had fun. A lot of fun and I'll miss it.

Equipment:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I would enjoy that. I don't know if anyone is planning a new group, but I think we're a good team. And the prospective GM would have two characters who could be trusted not to backstab each other, as well ... always a plus in a Druchii game ...

I'll miss this game a lot, but as you say maybe we can at least play on in another.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Hey guys.
Sorry to have disappeared like that on you all. My life hit a bit of a rough patch and I couldn't motivate myself to do a good few things, this included.
Once again, sorry for leaving you guys hanging without a word.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hey, Cana,
hoping your life gives you a break now.
I suggest you PMed your former companions, as they all seem to have ceased to visit D.net since Gr28 stopped.
We miss here the time when several groups were running, especially since your spirit sometimes extended to other threads (Syjahel's list in particular).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

... :O Hello Cananatra! (And Calisson!)

It's good to hear from you and that (hopefully) your life is running more smoothly. As Calisson says i've been on a bit of a break from the site since the end of the game, but I'm sure you'd be welcome back, whether for roleplaying or anything else :)

Calisson, good to see the List is still remembered fondly :D Garrison life was never dull in Naggaroth!

EDIT: I still left my site notifications switched on, which gave me a pleasant surprise when I saw this one :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

I've been pondering taking Valin out again over the last few days. The RP community here does seem a little thin on the ground atm.
Site notifications are just so handy aren't they?
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

See with Marchosias what he thinks of Valin joining the fight in Gr42. Perfect timing.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Indeed, notifications come in very handy. Glad to see you guys are great and the community here has always been rather thin to be honest.

Equipment:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

... and there he is on cue. I was hoping you'd show up as well. It's good to see you as well, Master Carathyle :D

Now I know where you've all been! I know what happened ... Group 28 finally slept :P
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I've been merely in your shadows, Lady Syjahel, amusing myself with timeless entertainment.

Group 28 still seems to be asleep. Drainial and our master Shade are still MIA.

Equipment: