Group 22 - Out of Character discussion thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Edited my post in RPG with heavily copied/pasted from Kinslayer.
Hope not to get annoyed by copyright issues...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I don't think Druchii are much into copywrite, let alone corsairs. Take what you can ect...
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I can't get a mod post in tonight guys, hit a bit of trouble IRL at the moment and simply don't have the energy or time after the week this is turning into. Some good has come with the bad however so it's not all doom and gloom, I'll explain that a bit better once I know for sure. Hopefully I will post by the weekend but don't hold me to that just in case. Sorry about this.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

It was hard to tell for sure if the horror was wounded, but it was dripping black ichor now as well as sizzling fire, and a random series of growls, gurgles and eerie screams came out of it's fleeting maws in the moments following the magical attack. Clearly the blast had prevented the horrors' charge however, and while it writhed against the wall the Mages had the opportunity to take back the advantage and strike it again.

As I understand:
- The horror is wounded, not dead.
Is it pinned somewhere as Elysian tried to?
How do the eyes/mouth seem to react to the crap that has been hurled into them?
- All the mess once scattered everywhere is not pushed back on one corner of the room. Is it all in a single corner?
That must make a nice pile of crap, where the only moving thing is the horror.
Are the two iron bars somewhere amongst the crap?
- I assume that what is expected next is that Caraoc has to find a way to keep the monster at bay, while Elysian manipulates the mechanism?
Can the whirlwind just keep running while Elysian works on his side?
Thx

OOC: I made silly things in my life, but I wouldn't dare to play with poisonous snakes.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Those reptiles look amazing! :) Love the picture with the snake in the tube... something to pop out at unwanted trick-or-treaters!

Congrats again on the news. I am sure with the venomous reptile handling you will be fine dealing with hormonal mood swings. :lol: Remember, the right answer is "yes darling" unless the question is "do I look fat?" then the right answer is "you look beautiful" ;)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I know progress has been very slow with the sketches of the group, but I just received another update and apparently they are almost done now...

Here he is, WIP Varin Blackthorn - http://twitpic.com/b6yaas

Calisson wrote:As I understand:
- The horror is wounded, not dead.
Is it pinned somewhere as Elysian tried to?
How do the eyes/mouth seem to react to the crap that has been hurled into them?
- All the mess once scattered everywhere is not pushed back on one corner of the room. Is it all in a single corner?
That must make a nice pile of crap, where the only moving thing is the horror.
Are the two iron bars somewhere amongst the crap?
- I assume that what is expected next is that Caraoc has to find a way to keep the monster at bay, while Elysian manipulates the mechanism?
Can the whirlwind just keep running while Elysian works on his side?
Thx

Sorry I have only just seen this. Assume all the stuff scattered on the floor is on the edges of the room, on the floor against all four walls. The iron rods were hurled at the horror though so are both against the far wall, which is also where the horror was pinned. Bit late now though as I moved that scene along rather quickly to make up for lost time, sorry about that.

Nightcall wrote:Those reptiles look amazing! :) Love the picture with the snake in the tube... something to pop out at unwanted trick-or-treaters!

Congrats again on the news. I am sure with the venomous reptile handling you will be fine dealing with hormonal mood swings. :lol: Remember, the right answer is "yes darling" unless the question is "do I look fat?" then the right answer is "you look beautiful" ;)

Thanks for the tip :lol:
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

More sketches are up from Mika! http://www.mikaspileofanime.com/6_druchii_commission/

Look on page two for some more detailed faces, and the first proper look at Varin and Sevro!

I have just spoken to her about commissioning Caraoc, Casaythe and Kalius Bane now too.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Looking pretty good, no sign of Elysian though unfortunately.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Drainial wrote:Looking pretty good, no sign of Elysian though unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure she has started all of them now, and is working on adding faces and details through them now. I'll ask her if there's a pic of the progress on Elysian, though I can't remember if he was added later on with Fiat, Varin, Sevro etc, as that may be why he is behind.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

He was a latter edition but now that Varin and Sevro have sketches up I would expect to see something.

Gentleman of Moderation
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

So when can we expect to get back in action? Not that I am pushing as such, just as a matter of interest.

Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

quote="Kinslayer", Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:19 amOOC - Things have progressed a little faster than expected on the moving side of things, we put a deposit on a flat this morning and should be moving in over the weekend. It could be a week or two before we get settled and get online again, hopefully not but who knows. This could be my last post in some time therefore so I am going to wrap this scene up and end the chapter here (it was about to happen anyway). /quote

I guess that we just have to wait.
Meanwhile, nobody prevents us to roleplay at Blackthorn a little bit.

Caraoc would be delighted to see how Elysian practice his art in your stronghold.
Probably not with the same artwork in mind, though. At the moment, Caraoc would love to investigate how to make a carpet fly, like he has seen done during an expedition in Ind.
I might post something of the like.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Writing this from work as I can't get internet anywhere else at the moment. I am going to try and get broadband / phone sorted out today.

Hopefully be RPing again next week.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hi all, sorry I haven't posted of late, I have been pretty busy lately. I'll get a post up a.s.a.p, tomorrow hopefully.

Welcome back, Kinslayer, great to hear the move has gone well.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Just clarifying, I LOVE the group loathing of Phalx! This is exactly what Iwas going for.

He a mad drunken bastard whoses good at what he does, killing, sneaking and drinking.

Really getting some good RP out of this as late.

So yeah thanks all.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

It is really enjoyable RP! :) It wouldn't make sense if our pet Druchii were all fluffy huggy snugglebunnies

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

OOC - Calisson, is the real sailor in you coming out now? I have no idea what most of that stuff is or would cost, so just assume it is all included below or already on the ship you later make use of...
OOC: Perfect!
Never mind, one can navigate without all this stuff.
It is just that it makes navigation safer.
By the way, most of it would NOT be available in the Middle Ages.
I would really expect only a sounding lead, possibly a Back Staff, and eventually a North Stone (known to Vikings).
It was just to tell how proficient Caraoc is about navigation.
But don't worry, he can do without this fancy stuff.

- Navigation: a set of charts, some portulans, + the tools to use that: dividers, folding rules
- Determination of the latitude: one is enough amongst a Back staff, a Davis' quadrant, a Cross staff, a sextant, a Mariner's astrolabe, {+ an armillary sphere = nice looking instrument with no use on a ship}
- Determination of direction: a compass rose, a North stone
- Determination of speed: a log, a taximeter, an hourglass (for the time lapse)
- Dead reckoning = using direction + speed + former position to determine new position: a transit board, a traverse board and its plugs
- Weather observation: a barometer, acorn, vane
- Depth determination: a couple of sounding leads
- Observation, communication: a telescope, a full set of flags, a whistle

Nearly all the other stuff (rigging, ropes, hawsers, cables, whips, chains, grapnels, lifelines, lashing) can be summarized in one word: ropes.
It is just that they come in a great variety.
About the rest of the list, only sails and anchors are an absolute necessity, but you had guessed by yourself.

In order to make this list - the salty fluff of which I hope you enjoyed - I had to dig into a specialized book. I am not THAT proficient by myself!

I'll use the same book to determine the type of the ship.
Again, the interest of this research is just to provide many fluffy names.
Pick up any and it will be fine.
Click in my sig and you'll see some example of ships.

A couple more of such posts and I'll cease my pedant lists. :lol:

Layne wrote:Calisson ; your homework for today is to design a full set of Druchii semaphores.
Here's one already.

>..W>.
..>@<..........|\~
>..||>.....\~| \
>..||>.....|\./.\
>..||>..r/_\ /___\ç
>./_\...\======/¨
=====~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hi guys, I am really sorry for going AWOL. It's been a pretty appalling couple of weeks and I haven't had much internet time. (My 86 year old grandad is very ill in hospital at the moment following a fall, and I've been looking after my nan as well as the usual xmas family shenanigans on top of work)

I will be making a post as soon as I get a spare hour, but would it be possible to tag Casaythe along in the mean time?

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

No worry, Call, we'll mess everything out at the Shrieking Mermaid.

When you'll have sorted out RL, there will be the RPG to sort out too.
It always rely upon the same ones to take all responsibilities. ;)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

So that's why NC isn't posting, any other good reasons. Now that sounds damn hypocritical but I do want to post, thing is from where I am I really don't think I can say anything useful, all my actions depend on others.

Gentleman of Moderation
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Well the good news is that my grandad improved enough to be let out of hospital, bad news is that he had another fall today and is back in. So it's touch and go really. I will post as often as I am able.

Hope you all are enjoying yourselves, apart from the family drama and usual business this time of year brings, we're having a great time.

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Happy new year to all Group 22!
I have little time to spare to the Internet, being in Paris with family.
Will resume as usual tomorrow night.
Noticed that Elysian started to sing and Casaythe is doing all the sailor's stuff. You handle well without Caraoc being too active.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Not singing, that's an inner monologue.

thinking

"speaking"

Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Understood, Drainial.
I was in a hurry and did not express myself I as should have.
Sorry.
So I did notice that Elysian started to sing in his head.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Wouldn't want you thinking I was copying you :D

I shall be mad in my own way thank you very much! :roll:

Gentleman of Moderation