TAU IV: It's a small world after all

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"As much as Yana tries to make her point by makin' these great speeches and sharp points, I geel I have to be goin' wiv' the wizard's gut feelin'. He's the only sensible 'uman bein' in 'ere aside from meself."

Vote: Yana
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

There it was, the final vote brought the tally up to three and in this much reduced company that was all that was needed. The sky began to darken and the daemon came. Riding the wind from up on high it swept down in a lazy looking ark which never the less brought it to the council in very little time, such were the dynamics of a daemon world.

As it approached the councillors noticed something different, it was not smiling. Quite to the contrary its expression was one of mocking cruelty, a sneer which could not bode well for someone.
"Finally it seems you have some small measure of intellect, or perhaps you have simply struck lucky with your guessing games. In either case the rules of the game must be adhered to."

All four of the daemon's eyes bored into the diminutive form of Yana
"You have lost child. You pledged your body and soul to the weaver of fate willingly and you willingly entered this contest. You knew the stakes."

"No," the halfling whispered looking up into those terrible quadrupled eyes "No please, give me another chance, I can do better, please just give me another chance!"
"There are no second chances on the path to immortality mortal." the daemon replied and then spoke no more. Opening its jaws wide the daemon's tongue shot out like a javelin, unbound by physical laws it extended far beyond the range of any normal creature and did so with incredible speed.

Yana screeched as the daemon's tongue impaled her torso. Barbs locked into place and the eloquent little thief cried her last as the tongue jerked back and she disappeared into the daemon's jaws.

Turning back to the rest of the councillors the daemon head addressed them
"As you have no doubt realised Yana was one of my servants but the game is not yet over, another of my minions still walks amongst you, perhaps they will not disappoint me as the halfling did." With that the head disappeared leaving them to another night of fear but mixed perhaps for the first time with a tinge of hope.

It is now night, those with abilities please contact me.

Players

1)Dragonsbreath
2)Raneth
3)Deroth
4)Draknir

Deceased
1)Noble Korhedron: turned into a piano- inactivity- innocent
2)Lord Damian Valar (Vealen): soul eaten- voted day one- innocent
3)Meteor (Morr): Fired from his own pistol- assassinated night 1 -innocent
4)Dresden (Skwee): soul eaten- voted day 2- innocent
5)Darkdoom (Crank): turned into a mushroom- voted day 3- innocent
6)Smiller666 (Glorin): Crushed by treasure- Assassinated night 3- innocent
7)Belial (Yana): eaten body and soul- voted day 4- Cultist
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

Skabslik gleefully watched the daemon devour the halfling, rubbing his paws together triumphantly as her cries were swiftly cut short.

"Good-good. Man-things finally listen to most glorious of Grey Seers," the skaven nodded, before looking pointedly at Rutger - though he said nothing to the strange human.

"Mighty Skablik shall retire now, leave deamon-place quick-quick tomorrow," he added confidently - before creating his all too familiar bed chambers once again.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Rutger's assumption that Yana had been a level-headed, constructive party was shattered beyond all repair as the runtling shrieked for mercy... at her leader. The group had finally struck home, and the jester quite astutely realized it was no thanks to him. The Skaven's eyes seemed to burn into his soul with deadly promise. There was nothing Von Mazzeltov could summon that would ease his sorrow, nothing to distract him from what must be certain death. On a cold slab of stone, Rutger lay down, eyes wide open - the afterimage of those red, beady, malice-filled eyes still searing his retinae.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

So another night had fallen and the councillors went their separate ways, so few now but perhaps finally on the trail that could lead them to salvation. Three humans and a solitary skaven were all that was left of the eclectic group of toys that the daemon had plucked from their lives in order to play out its little game and they all knew that one amongst them was a cultist and a murderer.

Still they had to abide by the rules of the game, not doing so had proved to be unwise as the piano still standing off to one side proved. Watchfulness had not saved Glorin and none of the assembled remaining dignitaries had ever shown any desire to follow his example in any case.

Taking full advantage of the benefits of living in a dream world Herod conjured up a bed room suite to rival any kings in terms of comfort if not perhaps in opulence. Mentally changing his clothes from day robes to sleeping ones he busied himself preparing to sleep before retiring to the quilted softness of his bed.

Outside the make believe walls of his luxurious apartment though a creature stirred, one far larger and more dangerous than a mouse. Flashing through the darkness a solitary blur of white light approached. Made desperate by the loss of its partner snatching victory away at the last moment the remaining cultist was determined that they should triumph none the less and as such had selected the light mage for destruction.

Eager as it was for death the spirit slowed as it neared Herod's structure and approached warily. Sweeping in closer the Tzeentchen could feel no wards, though that could simply mean magic with which he was unfamiliar, or the work of a master.

Encouraged by the lack of overt protection the spirit moved in only to be blasted back screaming by a bolt of mystic lightning which materialised out of thin air. The pain was immense but it was more the knowledge that there were sure to be more traps, perhaps deadly ones, which persuaded the cultist to leave defeated. If there was to be victory for the dark ones here it would clearly have to be won in the light of day.

It is now day
Players

1)Dragonsbreath
2)Raneth
3)Deroth
4)Draknir

Deceased
1)Noble Korhedron: turned into a piano- inactivity- innocent
2)Lord Damian Valar (Vealen): soul eaten- voted day one- innocent
3)Meteor (Morr): Fired from his own pistol- assassinated night 1 -innocent
4)Dresden (Skwee): soul eaten- voted day 2- innocent
5)Darkdoom (Crank): turned into a mushroom- voted day 3- innocent
6)Smiller666 (Glorin): Crushed by treasure- Assassinated night 3- innocent
7)Belial (Yana): eaten body and soul- voted day 4- Cultist
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Hugo stumbled up from his bunk. His feeling was very much alike the morning his life was saved - the feeling of a very angry, very evil power receding into the shadows. Herod had been under attack that night, and someone had saved his skin. Hugo looked at Herod, giving the wizard a nod.

"So, wizard, we know now that we be both innocent. There be two others; how do we decide which one be the bleedin' cultist, and which one be the warden? Skabslik or Rutger? Which one be more clever in hiding 'imself in plain sight?"
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Waking to the sound of lightning and a howl of pain set his mind on fire, "My life would have cost them dearly, I'm not helpless but it also seems I am not the only one with power here".

Herod looked back at Hugo as he spoke, "Indeed we have a 50-50 chance of getting it right and my gut tells me Rutger. We have pointed blame at him often and he has often agreed with us but we have never voted for him because we have always had something pull us in another direction. While I don't like the rat much I don't think he is our enemy. Skabslik was the first to vote for Yana yesterday and was very quick about it even though we really had no good reasons for that suspicion and it was indeed correct while Rutger was the only one to vote against Yana and for Skabslik, I think this would be more telling if he had voted for me but it is reason enough for me I think."

"So are we in agreement or do you all think I am missing something? I will vote when we have had some discussion about it, rushing it won't help I'm sure"
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

"Most obvious choice, yes-yes. Skabslik is most clearly innocent. Only one present did not vote for stumpy half-thing," Skabslik lowered a claw at Rutger dramatically,
"This man-thing is most foul of traitors!"

Vote: Rutger (Raneth)
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Rutger's fear-blasted face transformed, quite disturbingly, into a visage of pure serenity. You're a smart little rat, I'll give you that. But even as a Warden of life, you will never be accepted by those you have protected. You will be hunted down and killed - as all of your kind is doomed to be! The smile turned into a maniacal laugh, and once again the pogo stick made an appearance. As he bounded amongst the remaining three, he sang vigorously:

This small victory is yours, my friends
My schemes set in too late.
Yet victory will still be ours
At any given rate.
For none of you remained untouched
By the Great Weaver of Fate!

Vote: Rutger
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"I knew it, von Mazzeltov. I be feelin' there be somethin' off wiv' you. Though, I have a feelin' this game isn't quite over yet", Hugo said as a pistol materialized in his hand.

"Where be ye, demon? Care to share your opinion on your bleedin' servant?"

Vote: Rutger
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"I am everywhere mortal, nothing escapes my sight," the Daemon's voice echoed around them from the nothingness heralding its arrival in physical form. The air before the assembled councillors shimmered and the head faded into view
"This is such a disappointment slave, for you the Changer had high hopes, but immortality shall not be yours. Your failure dooms you to another fate, one darker and more terrible.

"I go to death most willingly
My daemon prince and king
To dance amongst the screaming souls
And cackle in the din."

Rutger replied in his characteristic verse. Vanishing the pogo stick he took on a more serious expression
"I am ready."

The daemon nodded, perhaps in approval of the sanguine way in which its servant faced damnation although reading the body language of daemons was not something could be relied upon. Opening its cavernous mouth the deamon's tongue lashed out once more and speared Rutger through the chest. As he was pulled towards the jaws of oblivion the jester simply smiled.

With that grisly work done the daemon turned to regard the three remaining abductees
“So, you have foiled my servants and survived though only by the skin of your teeth. I promised to return you to your own reality should you manage to survive and I have no more use for you here. Go and play your given parts, the Weaver will make sure you walk the path aright.”

With that the daemon puffed out its cheeks and blew, the winds struck Hugo, Herod and Skabslick. As the unnatural breath washed over them the mortals they felt their souls shiver, and then blackness.

Hugo opened his eyes with a moan, the back of his head hurt felt like it had had a Brettonian living in it. Above him several faces peered down; Doug, Hal and Stew were his apprentices and they looked more than a little concerned.

“Master, what happened?” Stew asked, he was the youngest of the three at just nine years old
“You fell out of the ceiling.” Doug added, his tone confused and almost a little scared, it was unseemly in a lad his age, he was almost fourteen and soon to become a journeyman.

Briefly Hugo toyed with telling them the truth but quickly decided against it. At best he would be considered a strange old fool, at worst they would send for a witch hunter.
“How long have I been gone?” he said instead, sitting up and rubbing the back of his head
“Five days sir,” Doug replied
“Well then,” Hugo said standing “I suppose there is plenty of work to catch up on.”

From the squealing and wriggling beneath him Herod surmised that he was on top of someone. Getting to his feet the wizard stumbled a little as his head span but all in all he seemed to be alright. Looking down he sought the reason for his lack of a splitting head ache.
On the ground where he had just fallen sat a very pretty, very angry house maid called Angela

“What’s all this about! Disappearing for days on end and then falling out of nothing right on top of people,” she berated him as she gathered her skirts and rose to her feet.
He looked around at his apartments, his gilded mirrors and shining vials of glowing powder. His divan next to the book shelf with the pipe stand standing ready nearby. Laughing warmly with joy and relief Herod let the rest of Angela’s tirade wash over him. He was home.

Even before he opened his beady eyes Skabslick knew that the daemon thing had been true to its word, the scents and sounds of his chambers were unmistakeable. Sitting up with a bruised tail the grey seer noticed something out of place however. Opening his eyes the cause of his concern became clear.

Sitting on his magnificent seat of much power Skabslick saw another, someone who so far as the grey seer was concerned had absolutely no right to sit there.

“Grasak!” he boomed in his most impressive squeal “Get off my throne quick-quick!” the skaven warleader leapt to his feet almost before Skabslick had finished speaking
“Mighty grey seer,” the much larger rat cringed before Skabslick’s awesome presence “you are back-back,” his face forced itself into something resembling a smile “Oh thank the horned rat for your safe return, the others they say you dead-dead but not I. No I said mighty Skabslick invincible!”

The grey seer saw through this feeble story with the ease of one born to genius
“So worm thing, you thought Skabslick gone-gone and took his place. It is not to be allowed!” he announced. The musk of fear filled Skabslick’s keen nostrils as Grasak cowered. Raising his paw Skabslick summoned a bolt of energy to fry his unworthy subordinate, and smiled.

Well that is that then, a council victory in the end although I think we can all agree that Belial and Raneth had a good run. Congratulations to everyone who played and thank you all for making this such an excellent game. I hope you will all play and perhaps run SAUs in the future. As is customary I shall give the final run down along with people’s abilities. If you have any questions about the abilities please feel free to ask them in the OOC thread.

Players

1)Dragonsbreath (Skabslick) – home safe and sound- Mage
2)Deroth (Herod)- home safe and sound- Mage
3)Draknir (Hugo)- home safe and sound- Councillor

Deceased
1)Noble Korhedron: turned into a piano- inactivity- Killer
2)Lord Damian Valar (Vealen): soul eaten- voted day one- Spy
3)Meteor (Morr): Fired from his own pistol- assassinated night 1 -Councillor
4)Dresden (Skwee): soul eaten- voted day 2- Councillor
5)Darkdoom (Crank): turned into a mushroom- voted day 3- Councillor
6)Smiller666 (Glorin): Crushed by treasure- Assassinated night 3- Manipulator
7)Belial (Yana): eaten body and soul- voted day 4- Magister
8) Raneth (Rutger): Eaten body and soul- voted day 5- Cultist

Gentleman of Moderation